Reviews for Defense
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Wow. This is awesome. And yeah, they're screwed when Dean curls up in a ball to ride out something... I love the last line with the vision of Sam tucking Dean in bed in some seedy motel room and just going outside to play defense. Not to fight or to kill... just to guard. There's something just sad about him playing defense instead of rushing out to kill. Awesome!
Vampyvii chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
True- these boys basically just have each other (& maybe Bobby) to depend on - Well done Drabble!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Aw, nice one. *pets Enkidu*

Nice use of the challenge word and great Sam fic. :D
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Sam's right, only at death's door Dean'd take his suggestion, or allow him to feel his forehead.

I loved Sam going out to play defense, needing his brother and protecting him at the same time. *sighs*

"Yeah." Or thirty. - Brilliant.

Just amazing writing as always. Every time. You write perfect drabbles every time. Thank you.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Play defense just don't do the hunt on your own, Sammy. lol. Good job with this!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
*purrs* I am just reviewing this now but I wanted to let you know that I read it Sunday night right after the nyquil and before the passing out and it made me fuzzy and warm inside. Thanks for sending me some empathetic Dean. *nuzzles you*
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Okay, anyone else miss moments like this? Show of hands.

Thanks for bringing them back to us.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
great job!

I'm sure Enkidu enjoyed that one! And I liked how you worked in the fever and forehead check. Author's privileges! :)
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Aw, poor Dean! This was a nice detail: "even if he can name you another hunter in the area, you and your psychic visions and demon blood aren't exactly popular". Do other hunters know about his demon blood? They don't, do they? But he's still probably unpopular for the visions, with those who know about them. I wish EK had addressed this more on the show-how other hunters view them, especially now that Gordon's gone and no longer stirring the pot.
Impaladreams chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Aah, poor babe, he's really not well...

Sometimes, you just know they should both stay together in doors, bad things happen when they're apart! Now I wanna know what happens to Sam with that big mean nest of vampires! lol

Thanks. Jane ;)

Hope you're feeling better, Enkidu. :0
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Aww, a brotherly moment. I just can't get enough of them. I love the way Sam doesn't argue with Dean. He'll give him thirty anyway. His defense.
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Gee hunny...I'll go look after him if it'd help...so Sam can be about his business...please...go on please! DBB xx
Onyx Moonbeam chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I love this. Love Dean so sick he's taking suggestions. Love Sam thinking about himself. Love the forehead feel, and Dean turning toward Sam. (Really love that!) And then Sam's thought's "Or thirty." Perfect.

Love the last words. "go out to play defense." Exactly, no jumping into vamp nests, just protecting and defending.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Ah - you had me at the first line! Perfect... hm - why do yours ALWAYS taste like more? You totally get my brain going every darn time!
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Poor Sam, left to deal with the hunt and Dean's illness.