Reviews for What'd You Get?
Jeanne chapter 1 . 4/19
Heartbreaking!
Jeanne chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Loved it! Wished we had seen it on screen.
AllThingsInsane chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
This story was absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. I remember watching the episode for the first time a few months ago and liking Adam from the moment I met him, even though I didn't know he was a ghoul (obviously), but also feeling so sorry for Dean because he had always hero-worshipped John, always thought that his way was the right way and never really questioning or standing up for himself, even after he died when he had every right to be angry at John, he never was. He could have turned his anger to Adam, could have refused to help him when "Kate" went missing, but he did. He embraced Adam like the brother he was.

I might be in the minority here, but I have always been a huge John fan especially after IMTOD where he sacrificed himself to save Dean, and in the S2 finale where he was in tears when Dean defeated YE once and for all. I know John could be a pain in the behind but I truly do believe that he tried the best he could with what he was given. Imagine if you see your wife burning on the ceiling, you wouldn't be able to let it go or forget and odds are, if he had tried to let it go he would have turned out like Max's dad.

Anyway, this was a beautifully written story!
Parda chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Painfully beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Awww chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
This is so sad
ThieryKing chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Awww. So sad.

But a freakin awesome story! You did very good with the characters, Dean was def Dean. Cheers!
Kantrix Gabriel chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
God. If they'd really used Adam for something like this in cannon, I might have hated his existence less. But poor, poor Dean.

Your last line was spectacular. Whole fic was, really, but that last line really drove it home.
Lunar-Sol-42 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This was awesome. You summed up my exact feelings about this episode. :) I liked John before but after watching that episode I don't anymore.
Seryan chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
I love this and it breaks my heart and makes me hate John Winchester and I could just cry for Dean.
Eicklehart chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
oh, that last line cuts. poor dean.
LvSammy chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
WOW!This was AMAZING! I didn't like how they ended it. John was everything to Dean and to see him be like ..."oh well...Dad did right" just didn't sit right with me. I loved how you wrote this...it was so good...it was great. Thank you.
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
*boho, that was so sad. So sad... So good and so sad. I hope... Don't know, I hope he will realize that he WAS loved - something I guess he was. Just... Yeah, I can absolutely understand why he thinks like that - if they ever have a 'bash-John' - festival, I would be first in line... Not that I think he was uncaring and that he didn't love BOTH sons, but... he was just stupid, never showing it, not enough. Hope he feels bad in heaven ;) (sorry. got carried away... John-Dean-discussions make me blabber...)

Good little fic, really good.

"I got forgotten" - *sniff*
Noelani618 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Wow! Talk about heart wrenching! *cries*

“I think, maybe, I was nothing but another weapon in my father’s arsenal and now in your’s. You value a good weapon but you don’t love ‘em.”

Dean barked a short, quiet, mirthless laugh. “Dad needed me until he didn’t and now Sam doesn’t need me any more either—I’ve lost him too. But hey, at least your Father still needs me so I’m not totally worthless.”

This really got to me, especially after the last two episodes. It seems that Dean's always been told to open up and share his feelings and when he finally does he just gets torn apart by the same people who wanted to know what he's thinking. Everyone seems to be getting mad at Dean, for one reason or another (not handling the situation with Sam right for one) because he bares he's honest thoughts and confusion, which often comes off as whining.

Sorry. Didn't mean to start ranting. Back to your story. I also love, love, love the last line.

"I got forgotten."

Talk about heartbreaking! You did a fantastic job with this. Thanks for sharing! :)
rabid-squirell-3 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
OMG this made me cry! poor Dean! i hated how they didnt play enough on Dean's emotions during that episode! you caught him beautifully! poor Dean! i kinda wish this could be extended into longer chapters and stuff *cough cough nudge nudge*
Sarah chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Punch in the gutt that last line. I figure Sam and Dean could have lived with John being a rotten neglectful parent if they don't know he could do better. Makes you wanna bring Papa Winchester back to life so you could kick his rear for it, huh?
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »