Reviews for The Girl Who Loved Wildrider
activemars828 chapter 20 . 4/2/2014
Please let there be some form of a continuation of the story, please?
Ersatz Writer chapter 3 . 4/11/2013
Blind? I wasn't expecting that. OK, well I was. Read one of Taipan Kiryu's fics and she mentioned Geri in her AN. Still, I've been told this is good. :) Don't Mary-Sue it! *reads on*
Ersatz Writer chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Ahahahaha! Wildrider digging himself a bigger hole. Tricky with someone like Soundwave around. XD Poor Skywarp. LOL.
For The Sake Of Irony chapter 20 . 1/23/2013
Wow, this fic was- and I can think of no better way to describe this- a real wild ride. The action was fast-paced, the characterizations were great, and the insights were, well, insightful.

In truth, I've never been too much of a stunticon fan. I'm more of a fan of the Combaticons (I was very happy to get a little Swindle and Vortex in this fic), but still... wow. I've fallen in love with Wildrider. I really like how he wasn't suddenly a 'good guy' nor was he treated as one because he was helping a human. In fact, he remained fairly despicable, what with feeling free to still cause incredible amounts of property damage, bossing around humans, actually /killing/ humans, some of which probably had no idea what was going on. ...On that note, I thought it was interesting that Geri didn't blink an eye when she was told that Wildrider had killed while on their little adventure. Not bad, just interesting. She's a smart kid, though, so she probably already knew.

And yet, despite all that, he still managed to get attached enough to Geri to be so affected by her 'death'. They're friendship proceeded at a good and realistic pace, that's really good story-telling.

Geri was really a nice treat. It's always great to come across a well-made OC. She makes a great contrast for Wildrider's craziness.

The plotline was great, too. It kept me guessing, revealing itself slowly and steadily until finally it was all revealed.

And the action scenes! The action scenes in this were really amazing, I could see what was happening in my head as I read. You are really good at them, okay.

I realize it's been a while since this fic's been completed, but I felt I should give a review to such a great story anyways. ) Great job!
sierpinsky chapter 20 . 2/11/2011
I absolutely LOVED this fic. Geri is an awesome character, very well done. Here's what i really liked:

Wiildrider's reaction to news of Geri's 'death'

'Prowl and Jazz do it with manacles'

The diesel thing

Wildrider's madness

How I ploughed through the fic cuz I JUST COULDN'T STOP READING :D

Great stuff. But adkaldjsksjsk the ending! What happens? D:
Mikoto-chan92 chapter 20 . 10/16/2010
Aww! such a cute, but also an awesome story!
chaitea16 chapter 20 . 8/31/2010
Even though it felt more like "The Girl Who Barely Tolerated Wildrider" it was a fantastic ride. Each chapter was a treat with either a sweet or sour center that had me running back for more with no regrets. Geri was a phenomenally though out contrast to your portrayal of Wildrider. Their interaction was charmingly hysterical when it wasn't surprisingly touching in a few soft moments amidst the mayhem and chaos.

I agree, it is tricky to write an original fanfic. But above all, a story should be entertaining. And at the end of the day, that's why I know I keep logging in here to wade through seas of Mary-Sue's, nonsensical pairings for the hell of it and absurd angst fests leading to a delusional comfort aspect. To find rare gems such as this.
Artemis1000 chapter 20 . 4/22/2010
What a wonderful story! I enjoyed it so much! Geri is a wonderful OC and her chemistry with Wildrider is amazing. They just make such an amusingly odd, yet very well-matched pair.
PwnKage chapter 20 . 3/20/2010
That was one heck of a ride!

I don't believe I've read something that fast (excuse the pun). Your style of writing is very sophisticated and I adore your characterisation of Geri and Wildrider. I think I just fell in love with Wildrider, he's such a beautiful character.

I'm not quite sure what happened at the end... WAIT! I get it. First Aid's waiting there with Geri! YES!

I want to punch Optimus and Streetwise in the face. They have just broken the glass ceiling of the douche bag list. I guess it's not their fault though.

Also, I quite liked Geri. She was very well characterised and she wasn't entirely useless, blind people are cool!

Oh, I nearly cried when Geri 'died', nearly, I guess I was kinda in shock and I didn't cry. But I DID bash my face against the tale and scream, "WHY?"

End result was that you created something that I'll remember forever. Kudos to you!
Cleargold chapter 11 . 1/2/2010
A complete reverse of direction as Geri decides to stay with Wildrider, and some insights into his character. The other

Stunticons' characters are presented as thumbnails, with Wildrider the only one being developed, and that because we're inside his head.

Interestingly, Wildrider's immaturity is parallelled by Geri's, though as you pointed out she also has a sane and sensible side which balances Wildrider's lunacy. But both of them are rational enough to think things through logically, and Wildrider does so whilst indulging himself in all kinds of stunts, so he must be a lot better at multi-tasking than I am!

Very enjoyable chapter.
Cleargold chapter 10 . 11/5/2009
This story’s really making me warm to Wildrider. You write him as a gutsy and gregarious character, and it puts a little flesh on the bones of the characterisation from the “official” sources.

‘Not for the first time...and the answers he was getting now only seemed to lead to more questions.’ - I like the glimpses we get into his mindset, and here the difference between the TFs and humans are played out subtly.

‘Wildrider wouldn’t have been swayed by sentimentality or pleas for pity, but the idea of carrying a smelly, decaying corpse in his trunk was different, so he settled for shooting Maramis in the right leg (since he was Menasor’s left leg, he always felt vaguely uncomfortable about targeting that limb).’ – LOL!

I love wildrider’s choice of music.

Overall: An action-packed chapter, and very enjoyable, and it delivers a complete shock and possible change of direction at the end, as Geri makes it clear she wants their partnership dissolved.
Cleargold chapter 9 . 10/18/2009
Hey, this is fun! I love all the action, and it’s very well-written. I also like the mystery you’re building about why the gang want Geri and her dad.

Geri is a classic strong female character. And you’re right about having to adapt to difficulties making a person strong inside, especially if it’s something they’ve had to deal with since they were young.

‘Warnings still flashed, but at least his stereo system was in working order.’ – What a classic line!

I’m enjoying the ride so far. Probably won’t be able to review every chapter, but I’ll have fun reading all of them.

Catch you later!
ocean's pebble chapter 3 . 10/11/2009
holy crap, just a quick comment on your AN at the bottom of ch. 3 - I totally got into TF the same way! XD

BTW, this is shaping up to be an amazing fic.
Peacewish chapter 20 . 8/24/2009
Hooyah. What a wild ride - what else to call it? - that was! I'm still slowly tripping my way through the old G1 cartoon, trying to learn more about these characters that everyone narrates so beautifully in their fics, but I haven't got to the Stunticon debut yet. Now I can't wait! As a fellow Texan (accents count), Wildrider swept me up and took me for a merry spin on hell's wheels, whooping and hollering with the sheer joy of life. Anti-hero he was, throwing himself forward into battle without a second thought, carefree as a tornado and just as concerned about what might get broken beneath his heels. But a refreshing change indeed from reading about Autobot-centered stories, where the protagonist has to constantly WORRY about collateral damage, and WORRY about bystanders, and WORRY WORRY WORRY. Not that it's not right, but it's not much fun to read either. Wildrider was a like a tossing back a shot of Mexican tequila and slamming the glass into the table. Yeehah.

The ending was perfect, very well-timed, and the last two lines were just the right touch. Thanks for the ride.
Peacewish chapter 15 . 8/23/2009
Prowl and Jazz look up at the newly embellished highway sign.

Jazz dissolves with laughter.

Quietly, patiently, Prowl forces himself to count to ten.

"Bring - me - the - head - of - that - Con."