Reviews for Self Loathing
KodiakWolfe13 chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Probably not it but Let Me Be Myself by Three Doors Down.

Red Queen Sovereign chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
This was such a good insight into Bruce's mind, which, as he himself said, is not a nice place to be. And its not, but it is compelling and fascinating and very, very complex. I really love Batman, and I wish Bruce would realize how many people actually do love him, and how much the League (and Diana!) needs him. Anyway, really cool oneshot. And I think the song is Creep by Radiohead.
Kipling Bunny chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Well I know for a fact it's Creep. :D

As for your oneshot, it's a nice exploration into Bruce's inner-self/psyche etc. Without it being too emo. I wish he would just get over himself and realized that none of that really matters. What matters is being with the person you love despite all your follies. (Follies is a fun word)

Which reminds me of the chorus of 'Get Over It' by the Eagles. He needs that constantly playing in his mind.

Great job as usual, WL!
DaisyJane chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
It is definitely Creep. I wish I special/I don't belong there it has to be. I don't know a better song about self loathing. I really loved the reasons why he doesn't allow himself to be with Diana. He can't be with her in just the physical sense like Selina. He loves her and he would want more with her and he knows he can't give that to her. He just doesn't feel worthy. Love your exploration of Bruce's psyche. Great one shot.
Skillgannon The Damned chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Taking a guess at the song i would probably say Creep by Radiohead .. right?
Unleash The Shadow chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I'll be guessing something from Within Temptation... xDD It seems so familiar yet not... Fosaken? Somewhere? XDD I'm hopeless.

Awesome insight.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Oh wow. Just wow. I love getting inside Bruce's head. It's always so...scary. Of course he has to have moments like these. He's only human...uh...don't tell him I said that. :/ But I really like the way you categorized Selina versus Diana.

"Selina and I could screw our way out of depression, but then we had nothing left to do but bide our time until the need arose again."

I'm sorry, but that is hilarious. And perfect. Exactly how it is, too. There really is no one who can compare to Diana. There just isn't. I really really loved this by the way. And as for the song, something by Linkin Park? Breaking the Habit maybe? Somewhere I Belong? Hmm, I'd really love to know which song it was that inspired you like this! Something dark and depressing I assume. Anyways, loved this fic! So insightful. :)
Geeky BMWW Fan chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Geez, WL, there are like fifty bazillion songs in the world. But if I were to take a stab in the dark, Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows by Leslie Gore. D

I doubt this is it, but the song Hate Me Today by Blue October has a kind of self-loathing edge to it. In an indirect way, it reminds me of the oh so wonderful song by Peter Cetera "Glory of Love." Like all the things Bruce wants to be for her, but thinks he can't be.

You better let us know what song it was that inspired it. Or I might just have to send this to some place in Norway and see if they have any ideas about the author of it. Too bad you can't give us an anagram of the title. :P D
Hepburn chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Nicely done, and very introspective. I like the way you wove the words. :)

Just who is Bruce/Batman talking to by the way? He never seems to confide in anyone.

As for what song you were inspired by, it could be any of a myriad of love songs out there, so I am going for the ridiculous rather than the sublime and will say "BLACK DOG" by Led Zeppelin.

Ciao Whiggy :)

p.s. How is your other story coming along? I hope that everything is copcetic?
Knight Watcher chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
I'm not really sure about the song, but it sure does sound like something that would run Batman's mind. Bruce Wayne is the disguise more often than not, the other side of the coin is Batman, but as for the real man behind both those masks, who can say who or what he really is.

Put her on a pedestal and she'll still try to jump off to you get, she brings out the real you except you don't know how much of that can stay out and be real. She wants inside, but you don't want her in there. The real you is at the switches, but he doesn't really know who or what is real anymore.

Undeserving of her perhaps, undeserving of a life of the bat suit or the business suit, well she's already been made in mind for that... the only questions are what can he do about it aside from somehow finding ways to disagree because he doesn't believe its going to work though not for the reasons he uses.

Anyway once again another well crafted view from the inside of his mind.