Reviews for If Love Could Light a Candle
brandella14 chapter 13 . 6/11/2011
This story rocked! I gave up sleep to read it. It was awesome. The only thing that could have made it better would have been more ExB lemons.
frauleina chapter 2 . 6/8/2011
I'm really enjoying your story, partly because as a history major and an avid reader of period stories I love your detailed references at the bottom of your chapters for anyone curious to know more information about the slang and historical references you've added to your story. I also think these references give your story more depth and interest than the actual Twilight stories!

Having Edward become a shrink is a great use of his talent and thus far I have enjoyed your take of Edward and the rest of the family. Writing the segment about his first kill, who, how, why and what happened gave more weight to his decision to use his talent to give back. I particularly thought his visit to the elderly depressed woman, before her appointment, emphasized that he was serious about wanting to help people and that he was compassionate enough to do it well.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your story!
Jani chapter 13 . 5/21/2011
Great story - well, 2 stories really. I liked the past and the present and your interweaving. Also educational with the vocab and history/literature/etc bits. :) Thank you for writing and sharing this with us.
k1942 chapter 13 . 5/20/2011
Having no idea whether it makes me smart or not, I'll just say I really enjoyed reading your story, and thank you for writing it.
k1942 chapter 12 . 5/20/2011
Nice little wrap-up to how the family was formed, and how Edward has always struggled to reconcile both sides of himself, human and vampire. If only he could have had more faith in Carlisle's view of him. Now I'm off to read your epilog, hopefully full of the happy life Bella and Edward have now!
k1942 chapter 11 . 5/20/2011
What's with you, trying to give an old lady a heart attack? This was an impossible choice for Edward, so Bella simply took the choice out of his hands. Hope he gets to her in time to change her and save her.
k1942 chapter 10 . 5/20/2011
The vignette with Al and Roberta was another example of Edward being one of the good guys, like him saving Iggy in New Orleans. He's so positive he's a monster, but I vote with Bella, he has asoul and a good one at that. Now, on to James, the sick, evil, nasty son-of-a-bitch! It makes me so sad to see Maggie and Charlie destroyed for fun and games. Poor Bella!
k1942 chapter 9 . 5/20/2011
Before I get off the beaten path, I see where Edward picked up his interest in human psychology. Doc Cochrane was quite the character, too bad Mick killed him. Then again, Edward avenged that rather handily. The meeting between the Cullens and the nomads is sure told differently in your mind, and I like it. Except for the fact of Alice being taken in by James causing all this danger is really, really bad. Please let Edward get to Bella before James hurts her horribly. Then let Ben be safe and I'll breathe a bit easier.
k1942 chapter 8 . 5/20/2011
How wonderful it would have been to hang out in New Orleans at that time. The music alone would have been worth it, provided you didn't tick off some vampire. Bella is still having difficulty convincing Edward he has a soul. Don't confuse him with the facts, girl, he's got his mind made guy better face facts, they're in love and nature will take her course.
k1942 chapter 7 . 5/20/2011
The lightening strike was scary, I was thinking Edward might be harmed in some way. Vampires really are indestructable, prettymuch. Skulking around Alcatraz was creepy, even if it was to feed. Edward is close to going home now. Edward is happy and his family can tell, and are happy for him, except maybe Rosalie. Of course, she's never very happy about anything. Fearless Bella, she knows what she wants. Wonder what it will take to convince Edward?
k1942 chapter 6 . 5/20/2011
Edward's love of fast, classic cars was born early, I see. That poker game with Angelo was quite a mess. Guess that will teach him to call Edward a fag, boy did he get that wrong! It scared me for a minute, that Edward wouldn't be able to save Bella from that slimy Lonnie, without giving into the bloodlust. Turned out much better than it might have, now Bella knows what he is and wants im !
k1942 chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
Edward's leaving money on the widow's doorstep, is leaving me the impression he's beginning to have a change of heart in 1929. Maybe he's starting to contemplate a return to Carlisle and Esme. Back to 2005, Edward and Bella seem to be working at cross purposes. Neither one is being honest with the other. Now that he's heard her talk in her sleep, it's completely turned his thinking around. At least Ben's therapy is going well, and possibly John's also.
k1942 chapter 4 . 5/20/2011
That was a sad little vignette, Edward kissing and killing Emily. Poor thing, to have such guilt and want an angel of justice to end her misery. The talks with Bella, on the other hand, are peeling back layers, and bringing Edward to the realization of what she means to him. He may reject all he wants to, but the thoughts are swirling around in his brain anyway. Too bad Rosalie had to stick her nose in it. What's it to her if Edward is happy with a human girl?
k1942 chapter 3 . 5/19/2011
So sue me,I was rooting for Edward to get to Dorothy in time, and kill Roy. Sure enough, he did, problem solved. It was kind of cute that she thought of her rescuer as a sparkly merman. Bella's therapy sessions are fascinating to Edward since he can't read her mind. He has to watch carefully for clues, and hope she tells him truthfully what she's feeling. I thought he really had a good idea about Bella's parents needing therapy, probably more than she does. Just because you march to a different drummer doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. I've always kind of liked different folks, they are a lot more fun to hang with.
k1942 chapter 2 . 5/19/2011
The first kill for Edward was so deserved! That guy was a true monster, Edward is an angel in comparison. Besides, he discovered a real taste for human blood, and being a vampire, why not? Being a rebellious seventeen year old probably didn't help, either. Fast-forwarding to 2005, Edward's patients are a mixed lot, but I'm guessing Bella is his favorite. This could get really, really good!
2,847 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »