Reviews for If Love Could Light a Candle
Ms. Leading08 chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
So far, this story is really really good. Amazing, in fact. Your writing is so flawless, I can perfectly visualize everything in my head.

Of course, I would expect no less. You were highly recommended by AG, so of course this would be good!

I got a chill up my spine at: "Fucked her, raped her, couldn’t soothe me, so I shaked her." That totally seems like a line from a crazy horror movie like 'Silence of the Lambs' or something. Very disturbing, but also very fitting for the scene.

I'm really excited to see where this story goes. It seems like a very smart and deep story, but still funny. Plus, who doesn't love Shrinkward? He's one of my favorites ;)

Keep up the good work, you've done an amazing job so far :)
2402a chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Welcome back I am so excited!
Kamaria Aislynn chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I like it so far but I think it will be harder for them to be together now because of the doctor patient thing! Although who hasn't had a good doctor fantasy! I hope this is all from EPOV also!
mds220 chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I found this story thanks to Angstgoddess003. I really did enjoy the fist chapter. I love E/J/E! I really do not think that Rose would be very happy that Em had a look at Bella. I can not wait to see where this is going.
MistressBionerd chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I really like this story. Of course who doesn't love Docward? I love that you are showing that he had/has a darkside.. that he's not just a fluffy vampire. He has killed and that affects him.

I also like the way you laced slang appropriate to the time frame into your story. Nice touch.

I do have one complaint and it's probably just me, but I think Jasper's accent is just a little too strong. I'm sorry to say I cringed when he yelled Aidward...Don't get me wrong, I love that Jasper is southern and I LOVE when his drawl comes out (rawr), but I think this was just a bit over the top. Sorry.

But, I love the whole premise of this story and can't wait to see how it plays out. My only regret is that I caught the story from the first chapter and I have to be patient to wait for it to unfold.

Thanks for a great new story!
megan chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
excommunicated does not mean damned to hell, its actual definition is officially exclude (someone) from participation in the sacraments and services of the Christian Church.
Dezi1014 chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I really like it so far, it's a very interesting concept. I found your characterization of Jasper unusual but quite amusing.
Another Abandoned Account chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
"He avoided churches because of the intensity of emotion there: love, self-righteousness, blind joy, fear, and loss concentrated in the vaulted chambers. Humanity at its best and worst." This sentence really stuck out to me. I love that you captured both the "best and worst" aspects of those in the church. Sometimes all of the things you mention are happening simultaneously in one person.

One chapter in and I'm hooked. Your reputation rightly precedes you. I always loved it when the Cullens interacted in the books. I appreciate the Jasper/ Edward/ Emmett dynamic. They are really funny together. I look forward to reading this fic and seeing these characters from your perspective.

Thanks for writing!
Chigsta23 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
First time reviewing, love all your stories so far.

As far as historical pieces go, you seem to have captured the time periods more or less accurately.

This story reminds me of another - Minisinoo's "Beauty Shining in Company with the Celestial Forms"-your Edward is fearsome, brilliant and unsure. Loving the juxtaposition.

I am looking forward to your future chapters. A couple of questions, though? What was the inspiration for the story? It almost feels continuous with SM's work. Thinking of "Midnight Sun" as well.

When Edward decides that he is going to meet his patients, was there a passage that described how he discovered that he was going to have to take measures to protect Bella from himself? I noticed Edward was able to make direct contact with his other patients, but had to be "trained " ala Emmett and Jasper. It just seemed that there was a gap. It would be interesting to 'see' that, but it may also just be predictable, because we all get the idea of the situation. You captured the characters well, which I always enjoy!(I don't know about Edward being so loose to curse. Please, though I am growing to love Jasper, do not make him too campy with the accent)

Your story is substantial, well written and not fluff. That I always appreciate, especially if I have chosen to read during my lunch.

Lastly, I want you to know that your works will definitely carry me through the weeks and months until New Moon arrives. Thanks for being an inventive and fresh writer.
Mariana chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
looks really promising! well written and excellent portray of the characters. Can't wait for more! thanx
shell29bell chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
WOW. I loved Nymph and now I am already loving this. I really like how you bring your characters to life in their thoughts and interactions.

I'll have to get used to your Jasper-He seems a little too twangy. More redneck than the Rhett Butler type I usually consider him to be.
SugarVenom chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
What can I say? You are my favorite for a reason. I love the setup in 1928. I think you could write a series on that alone. But the idea of a pre-Twilight twist is so great. You are always on point with conversation, set up, chapter length, and originality. Can't wait for more!
apreciousmelody chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Wow! I am intrigued and can't wait to see how the first session goes for Bella. I generally stick to AU/AH and this is the first VampWard to keep my attention and I love that the story is going dark and twisty.

“They do. Teenage girls’ lack of self-esteem has yet to humble their x-rated imaginations—and well—I’d rather not—high school is one thing—but doctor fantasies—besides, they’d be better treated by someone with a modicum of understanding, preferably a human female.”

That right there was brilliant - immediately I imagine Stanley cloning herself into Fork's resident Lindsey Lohan just to take a crack at seducing her uber hot therapist esp. considering canon calling for her Bella life lust.

So happy to have a new story to read - thank you!
PatSoxFan16 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
This story sounds so interesting. I heard about on AGs LJ page. Can't wait to dig in!
latuacantante4him chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.
2,880 | « Prev Page 1 .. 177 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 .. Last Next »