Reviews for If Love Could Light a Candle
Jenniven chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Wow! I love it! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Are you gonna do more flashbacks? The first part of this chapter was amazing!
PrincessElle18 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Yay! You posted it! :)

Okay, so...I just really loved it!

The first part where it's old-timey Edward was brilliant. So dark and revealing. You're really letting us get inside of Edwards head here, showing us the process he used to select his human prey. And then part where he lit a candle for the bum, that was the sweetest thing. He didn't feel any sorrow for the life he had taken as that was justified, he feld sorrow for the bum that died on the steps - it was just so very very sweet, and so Edward!

And then Edward as a therapist, so great. And if he were my therapist I'd totally have "doctor fantasies" about him. Yum!

I really like that he's hesitant at first-doubting his abliity to do any good, but he's willing to help people!

When he went to encourage that widow to come to their appointment, that was so kind of him. And trying to desensitize himself from Bella before he eats her! So great!

I really like this story and I'm excited to see where it goes!

Two thumbs up!

XOXO
TessLouise chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Really interesting, and refreshing, spin on the original.
mybella chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
This is a great first chapter! Love the concept, The very beginning was disturbingly brilliant I foresee this being a great story!

LMAO at the Butt, butt, butt, butt, butt, butt..! Freaken priceless!

Can't wait to see where this goes!

Cheers xoxooxo

mybel
Lottie2303 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I'm glad your writing again. I love your style like crazy.

Foremost I love that this story seems to be completely different from your others and I always respect authors for being capable transferring different styles.

Edward the psychologist. It is funny because just a few days ago I was thinking how his mind reading could help him as psychologist. Also that he is already prepared for Bella's scent. I'm curious why exactly she needs therapy and what is bothering her.

I liked the beginning. For some reason I love Darkward (Bonne Foi is one of the best examples) and I loved how he stalked this man. I love the analogy with the candles.

Therefor I'm definitely hooked and I can't wait for more.
larkvampgrl chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I am in love with the story already I cannot wait until the next chapter I love the spin you put on the plot but still kept it true to the book. Love it!
into.scrapes chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Ok, so i'm not THE most experienced fic reader, still only a couple months into this, but I've never read a fic in the third person. It's refreshing for me as the reader and it reminds me how fucking bold you are. So this is the review "in which" I remind you how much you rock.

I love looking back into the time when Edward was on his own, and i hope that eventually we'll get a glimpse into the moment he decided to return to Carlisle and the veg lifestyle. I really liked that Jasper could feel Edward's bloodlust during Alice's visions. I've thought about how Edward is forced the future b/c he hears her thoughts, but i've never considered how Jasper has to feel all of those emotions while they are experiencing visions. Very interesting!

Jasper accent is awesome...love the whole North vs. South thing b/t him and Edward. I'm a Yankee myself and my husband is a southerner and we joke like that all the time! My fave was Emmett calling Bella’s ass “upscale,” too funny!

Thanks for another great story, Pas! I know it’s been a labor of love for you, and i'm glad to experience it along with you now!
IndigoIyse chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Love it, looking forward to another fix.
Raewright chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
lol Ok I REALLY like your, well, more HUMAN version of the Cullen vampboys. So refreshing and SO much more interesting and plausible. I also appreciate how you make the dark parts truly gritty as well.

I'm going to like this very much.

Thanks for writing and sharing!
accountnotvalid chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Love, love, love it!

You are just amazing! x
Ksangi chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I could "see" the cemetary, practically feel the cold and smell the incense and candle wax inside the church. Very, very well written. I noticed the similarities between this Edward and Midnight Sun Edward, it will be nice to read a version of vampire Edward that actually represents him properly. A reflection of his upbringing, the time in which he was raised, his internal struggle, incredible intelligence and wry wit.
PerfectMeadow chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Yea for a new story! Playful Emmett and super twangy Jasper make me melt. You always do such a great job with supporting characters.

Can't wait for the first meeting.
vanessarae chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Wow. I definitely want more.
dmc123 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Loved the first chapter and can't wait to see where you are going to take this. You are such a talented writer. Oh- and I loved when Jasper called Edward a copperhead (which I thought was just referring to his hair color), but after reading the AN- I love it even more! And the piano scene between them ending with Yankee-Doodle was great! Can't wait to read more!
emamula chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Love this so far! The characterization of Edward is great, and the interactions going on are interestling and seem really accurate. Can't wait to read more!

Emily