Reviews for If Love Could Light a Candle
Lottie2303 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I'm glad your writing again. I love your style like crazy.

Foremost I love that this story seems to be completely different from your others and I always respect authors for being capable transferring different styles.

Edward the psychologist. It is funny because just a few days ago I was thinking how his mind reading could help him as psychologist. Also that he is already prepared for Bella's scent. I'm curious why exactly she needs therapy and what is bothering her.

I liked the beginning. For some reason I love Darkward (Bonne Foi is one of the best examples) and I loved how he stalked this man. I love the analogy with the candles.

Therefor I'm definitely hooked and I can't wait for more.
larkvampgrl chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I am in love with the story already I cannot wait until the next chapter I love the spin you put on the plot but still kept it true to the book. Love it!
into.scrapes chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Ok, so i'm not THE most experienced fic reader, still only a couple months into this, but I've never read a fic in the third person. It's refreshing for me as the reader and it reminds me how fucking bold you are. So this is the review "in which" I remind you how much you rock.

I love looking back into the time when Edward was on his own, and i hope that eventually we'll get a glimpse into the moment he decided to return to Carlisle and the veg lifestyle. I really liked that Jasper could feel Edward's bloodlust during Alice's visions. I've thought about how Edward is forced the future b/c he hears her thoughts, but i've never considered how Jasper has to feel all of those emotions while they are experiencing visions. Very interesting!

Jasper accent is awesome...love the whole North vs. South thing b/t him and Edward. I'm a Yankee myself and my husband is a southerner and we joke like that all the time! My fave was Emmett calling Bella’s ass “upscale,” too funny!

Thanks for another great story, Pas! I know it’s been a labor of love for you, and i'm glad to experience it along with you now!
IndigoIyse chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Love it, looking forward to another fix.
Raewright chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
lol Ok I REALLY like your, well, more HUMAN version of the Cullen vampboys. So refreshing and SO much more interesting and plausible. I also appreciate how you make the dark parts truly gritty as well.

I'm going to like this very much.

Thanks for writing and sharing!
accountnotvalid chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Love, love, love it!

You are just amazing! x
Ksangi chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I could "see" the cemetary, practically feel the cold and smell the incense and candle wax inside the church. Very, very well written. I noticed the similarities between this Edward and Midnight Sun Edward, it will be nice to read a version of vampire Edward that actually represents him properly. A reflection of his upbringing, the time in which he was raised, his internal struggle, incredible intelligence and wry wit.
PerfectMeadow chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Yea for a new story! Playful Emmett and super twangy Jasper make me melt. You always do such a great job with supporting characters.

Can't wait for the first meeting.
vanessarae chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Wow. I definitely want more.
dmc123 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Loved the first chapter and can't wait to see where you are going to take this. You are such a talented writer. Oh- and I loved when Jasper called Edward a copperhead (which I thought was just referring to his hair color), but after reading the AN- I love it even more! And the piano scene between them ending with Yankee-Doodle was great! Can't wait to read more!
emamula chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Love this so far! The characterization of Edward is great, and the interactions going on are interestling and seem really accurate. Can't wait to read more!

Emily

"emamula"
alisa231 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Pastiche,

I've been excited about this story since you mentioned it in the N&W epilogue. Your author's note only increased my anticipation. Ditto on the mischaracterization of Edward in the fandom. ;)

I love how effortlessly you changed tone in this chapter. The first scene is raw and gritty. Edward's characterization is brilliant in its complexity. You manage not to simplify his vigilante efforts either way -he's not deified or vilified -and I find that very refreshing. Ending the scene with him praying for the bum was touching.

This part was great too:

"“I like them soft, dear,” she mentally mimicked. "SOFT." Soft. I’ll tell you what else is always soft you limp-dicked ingrate—you worthless…

Her thoughts trailed off once she spied Edward’s face.

Bet he’s not soft."

I like the family dynamic you've created with the Cullen's. The interaction between Emmett, Jasper and Edward was especially amusing. Very sibling like. I think I laughed for a good five minutes at Jasper's 'sangers'. )

Your use of language is interesting. I don't know how many fics I've come across that use the same generic words over and over again. Your vocab is eloquent and elevated without trying to be...it's very pleasing to read. I like that you've given the characters specific 'voices' as well. I can clearly distinguish between what Alice would say versus Jasper versus Carlisle...it's nice.

I admire your versatility as a writer -this is quite different from Nymph. I look forward to seeing this story develop. Great job.

Oh, and Edward in glasses is win. )
elfinchakie chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
PIXIES. Fucking love it. Just listened to the piano version and you're right, its beautiful. Made my day :D

Anyway, the story. I love it, I really like how it's in 3rd person instead of 1st... It makes a change from all the other fanfics out there. I'm pretty excited about the next chapter. You've got me hooked so keep it up!
lorelidelovely chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! AG was right this f-ing ROCKS. Can't wait to read more! Already jonesing for the next chapter. I'll be telling all my Twilighter friends about you ;)
vespaa chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
oh totally loving the first chapter - not to blow smoke up your ass or anything but i just KNEW this was going to be good the minute I saw who the author was :) AND its got plenty of Jasper as well *sigh* My 2 fav boys... you have made me a happy lady! this little gem is goin straight on alert!
2,880 | « Prev Page 1 .. 179 186 187 188 189 190 191 .. Last Next »