Reviews for In the Blood
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
That part of the episode always bugged me! He lost a LOT of blood, and then just popped up and was fine! This was wonderful! Thanks!
shee1 chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
i am relatively new to the Supernatural world on tv and in fanfiction. I wenr on a netflix marathon to watch all eps before this season started. So far, in the fanfiction I have read, you are the only one who has done this missing scene in Jump The Shark. Thank you so much for doing it, and doing a great job on it. I always felt it was too much of a jump in going from Sam having severe life threatening cuts on his arm to standing by Dean when giving Adam a hunter's burial. They never even gave a time passing frame
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Wow, really well written. Very nice job capturing the point of view of someone about to pass out for the entire first half of this one!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
This was such a moving look at Sam's inner thoughts during the 'hiding the demon blood thing from Dean' period. I, too, can hardly bear it when the brothers are being pulled apart, and so needed to understand more of what was going on in Sam's mind and heart. Thank you for this.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Again you gave us what the show didn't with this fic. I always thought they glossed over Sam's injuries too easily. Loved too that you had Sam concerned that the ghouls noticed his blood was different but it was so in character with Sam at the time that he continued to hide him drinking demon blood from Dean because he felt he was doing the right thing, just so sad that in the end he found out Ruby had duped him for her own ends and killing Lilith broke the final seal.
Janice Cummings chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THIS! While I LOVE the scene with Sam captured by the ghouls and Dean having to fight the one while Sam is laying there bleeding, the ending ALWAYS left me frustrated with its lack of acknowledgement of the life-threatening injuries Sam really had. (And screaming at them to get some first aid lessons before they kill each other with their "helping.") The sudden end always leaves me feeling cheated and you have fixed that problem...with a brilliant solution, I might add!
Kokoroyume chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Great story, thank you :)
Emachinescat chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
BRILLIANT!
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Very well-written tag. I have to say that this episode was not one of my favourites (and that scene with the ghouls drinking Sam's blood truly grossed me out), but this was a very good between scenes moment. You really got into Season 4 Sam's mentality I think, especially towards the end when he was thinking about whether he should tell Dean or not and then decided not to for the 'greater good' - so sad really. Season 4 is by far my least favourite season and we still haven't really seen the reconciliation between the brothers that we all long for - the 100th episode came close to it yet but we still need a HUG and a true going back to just being brothers. Sigh. Maybe Season 6 will finally meet those needs...
Little Escapist chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
This was an amazing, amazing fic and just in right place - I, too, was more than a bit surprised how quickly Sam was good again after losing so much blood. That wasn't realistic anymore - but luckily you've made it better!

Again I love the relationship between the brothers. Sam's trust in Dean, Dean's worry and the very much over-grown parental instinct (as I call his attitude to Sam). In season four we didn't get too many brotherly moments, but Dean helping Sam off the table was totally one of them. This fic was so great because it was canon. Though I would have loved them making peace, it wouldn't have been real anymore. And Sam's thoughts in the end of this fic made their own, bitter taste to this; it reminded that though everything seemed to be good again, many things really weren't.

I loved the way you had written Sam leaning to Dean's shoulder - I could see that and aww how cute... *melts* Just.. great. I don't have enough words, but I know that they would have needed much more of that during the season.

You solved well the thing that Sam had to be cured in the house, it's amazing how you made up that hunter-doctor. It's very believable and fits to the episode better than any hospital would have.

I loved this one of yours, too.
amyblair chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Such an interesting episode, so many fans didn't like it because of the added brother, but I thought it was GREAT! As well as your tag - simply lovely.

Loved poor Sam, blood everywhere, about to pass out and finding Dean, knowing Adam was their brother, too. You stated everything nicely.

Awesome fic!
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
I agree with you, Season 4 was tough on those of us who fell in love with the close relationship between Sam and Dean from the first three Seasons.

Kudos on your explanation of why Sam continues to keep secrets from Dean and thank you for giving this episode a nice big helping of the comfort Season 4 was lacking.

Keep up the good work!
SammysTeam chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Yeah, this is definitely more like it. I too thought his recovery was just a little too fast. I mean I know it's a TV show, and they gotta cut out parts, but there's no way Sam shoulda been standing there like nothing was wrong at the end, talking normally, especially with the loss of his demon blood. This was very well written, you got the boys personalities down perfect in your stories. ;D
AJ Wesley chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Oh, this was just what the episode needed! You gave us the comfort while still keeping the boys in character for the season. I love that you mention the change in Dean after It's a Terrible Life. And great job with Sam's internal struggle with what to tell Dean Wonderful job!

AJ
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
excellent tag, a great missing scene, love how you solved the problem of going to the hospital using the hunter network.