Reviews for In the Blood
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Awesome fic! I thought their relationship might crumble completely before the final but as you said it is looking up.
LadyVic chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Can I tell you how creepy the idea of the buzz in Sam's head from the demon blood is? Br! That is definitely chill worthy! LOL-honestly, I just shivered.

I love the way you always manage to handle the details that make me twitch. Your solutions to getting rid of all of the physical evidence just fit the facts so well, and are so smoothly done, that I'm in awe.

You've got such wonderful limp here, and I love seeing protective Dean come out of hiding. When Sam starts shaking and it scares Dean...absolutely perfect.

As always, beautifully written. Thanks so much for sharing, and for giving us what the show left out. vicki
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
This was an awesome, needed scene for this episode. I needed a little more there, because Sam wouldn't just jump up and recover from that! I miss those moment between the brothers, and hope that we will, indeed, see the relationship repair itself in the next year!

Five Impalas freshly waxed, lovingly detailed full of happy healty Winchesters out on a plain old fashioned hunt.
shelby02 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
This was a wonderful tag to JTS and a great way to explain exactly how it was possible for the boys to deal with Sam's very serious injuries and blood loss. I am just grateful that there are talented authors like you willing to provide readers with some great limp!Sam and h/c between the boys.

P.S. I am always excited to see you have posted something. :)
Rat chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Great tag to Jump the Shark. I love the extra H/C you added in there. Sam spending a bit of time in a psych ward would be fun too, But this was great!
ames 449 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
this was definitely what was needed in this weeks episode. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Don't get me wrong, I was happy we got bled and stabbed Sammy, but the writers of this show seem to think he can heal miraculously with a change of clothes and a hint of its a 'week' later. But anyway, I digress. I loved seeing the boys being all brotherly again in the show and it was awesome that expanded on that. Particularly like how you picked up little things from that scene and explained them - like Dean's rambling when patching up Sam translates to worried Dean. I really loved this dude. As always, you just finished the end of that episode off so much better than the original.
Dianne chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
You're so right. I thought the recovery was fast too, in fact, I was wondering how Sam was even standing. This was a nice addition to the episode, one that makes more sense than how it was handled in the show. I doubt we'll see some brotherly moments in season four, but if there isn't a resolution in season five, I think it will be very sad. I think a lot of fans are missing the dynamics between the boys that were so evident in other seasons. At least we have wonderful writers like you to fill in the missing pieces that we all want.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
This was perfect. Just as I pictured it. Loved it. I wanted to write a tag myself but just didn't have time for one. I'm glad you did it. Beautiful and perfect. Hugs, Vonnie
Harrigan chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I wasn't sure I wanted to read a coda to this episode, because much as we want to see the boys as brothers again, caring for each other, that isn't where they are right now, and I don't want to see a fic that tries to 'fix' the episode by giving a comfort scene that really wouldn't happen.

But I know I can trust you! And you totally came through! This is still very canon compliant. I loved the moment in the episode and in the story where Dean's old nurturing mode kicks in - when he calls Sam 'buddy'! So glad you captured that!

But you didn't succumb to the hands-on tenderness I think another writer might have. It was much more believable to me (given where we are in season 4) that Dean would bring in an outsider for the bulk of the hands-on stuff. Great idea on your part!

And it was particularly effective that you gave us the scene from Sam's POV. He misses the comforting big brother he used to count on. But he still doesn't regret his choices.

I'm with you! I've seen enough in canon to give me hope/faith that the boys *will* be brothers again one day. Like you, I don't think it will happen in S4, and I don't want to wait till the end of S5. (I hope it's like the big John-to-Dean secret in S2 - they resolved that halfway thru the season, not at the end. Maybe this will proceed like that, too. I miss the boys. But I'm still riveted!)

Anyway, two thumbs up, mon amie! Now where's that Puppetmaster? story?
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I feel the same way you do about hope for the brothers' relationship, but it's good to see it in fiction. You didn't shirk on the issues Sam's dealing with, but it still felt like the brothers we know and love (and often miss these days!). I like the touches with the OJ, the treating Sam where he lay, the alternate IV placements. Very easy to picture missing scene.
drkstormynite chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
This is just what was needed to fill the gap. I totally hated the quick seque to the Adam burning...this could have easily been a two-part episode! I wanted to see more Dean-caring-for-Sammy! Thank you for fulfilling that wish for me. Not to mention the whole question of how he patched up Sammy. I mean come on! Napkins? Really? *shakes head*

If we didn't love these writers on the SPN so much we would run them out of town! ha!

Thanks for a great story, I feel much better!
SamDeanLove chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
AH! More..More..please hurry up!
zuimar chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
That was an awesome one-shot, absolutely fabulous. And I agree with you, although I love season 4 I hate the chasm between the brothers. I really, really hope that they will have sorted out their problems at the beginning of season 5.
CBloom2 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Great filler scene between scenes!

That episode was crying out for stories like yours to be written!

I totally agree with your note at the bottom! I have noticed one or two things that give me hope although I'm not sure how the whole drinking demon blood thing is going to go down with Dean! He'll either completely lose it with Sam or go all protective and concerned that his brother is an addict, no matter what it is!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
That was nicely done. Personally I too can see the bond is still there - however hard Kripke is trying to bury it - and I also agree that Sam is doing most of what he is doing out of a desire to protect Dean. I just wish they'd get all these secrets out in the open and start facing the apocalypse TOGETHER..
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »