Reviews for Touché
fly-honey-from-the-track-team chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
The two hot Yotsuba hotshots going at it. What's not to love? x3
Satipheen chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This is absolutely amazing...no other words for it.
Sychronergy chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I really like how you manage to make every single word a breath one shouldn't ever miss. That was amazing.
MusicIsMyFate chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Goddamn big words. Great story, though
My0wnlittleworld247 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
loved it! haha, men like that don't hesitate... they pause :) it was very philosofical in places, and it had good reasoning behind it. also like the couple :) i love namikawa,m and shingo is my second favourite of the eight, there are barely any namikawa and shingo fanfics :/ anyway, great job, i hope to read much more of your work :)
BMIK chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Beautiful
Feltbeat chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Nicely done. I thought Mido was a bit out of character, but since he was never given much to begin with, it's just my own ideas working against someone else's. Anyways, I enjoyed reading this.
Sierra-de-Lafayette chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This was written in an absolutely breathtaking manner. I'm not much for the pairing but you've swayed me. Truly beautiful literature right here.
Alice L. Rem chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Woah... I... I like how simply human it is. No fluff, no cheery happiness thrown in there. Just two human beings, together, and trusting each other in a way that is impossible any other place.

I think it was essential to mention the fact that Kira would get them eventually. It made it seem that much more human, the desperation and the fear.

Awesome fic. Instant favorite, I already liked this pairing, but this was well written.

Keep up the good work.
HallucinatingDreams chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Very impressive manipulation of words-each word seemed to take on a significance of its own. I especially enjoyed how you described Namikawa, and the "Why now?" answer was...priceless.
La Carlotta Giudecelli chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
After reading this about literally 10 times...I finally decided to review.

This is amazing :D

...That's all.
Moon Jaguar chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
And a very good thing you shook off the pixel dust and posted this or else I wouldn't've gotten the chance to read it. I like how they're so formal and businesslike and how their guards stay up, not totally dropping. Nothing direct about these two here... verbal fencing, mental shogi?

[my review abilities are weak, sorry]
black laurel chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Amazing. Simply amazing.

"It’s clear, of course, just in the way he moves that a potent combination of genetics, etiquette, and education has endowed him with an almost preternatural elegance. Namikawa is graceful when he turns his head.

When he smiles, he is downright destructive.

He’s smiling now."

Woah.

"Mido reflects idly that Namikawa will have learned a great deal from the innocent-looking pieces placed evenly on the squares—aggression, defense, risk, and sacrifice; how to triumph, and when to acknowledge defeat.

But not, Mido thinks, how to kill.

That’s why he’s dared to come."

Ah, that makes sense.

"Mido’s colleague has an extremely distracting habit of looking at the world through his eyelashes.

Inconveniently, those eyelashes in are the most luscious thing in the room."

Heehee...

“You’re not Kira,” Namikawa remarks.

Mido smiles thinly. “You wouldn’t have let me in if you believed I was.”

..I have no words.

"There is a pause, but Namikawa’s neutral expression doesn’t waver. “And you don’t think that I’m Kira.”

It is slightly absurd even to entertain the idea—merely to think that something so beautiful could kill.

“You don’t need to be,” Mido replies smoothly. “Everyone knows you were well on your way to the top long before this began to develop. You could charm your rivals into submitting if that was what you wanted, and if you had Kira’s power—” He nods to the shogi set. “—I think you’d keep it in reserve and save it for when it would be the most effective.”"

That's so deep and I'm just...wahaha. I don't know what I'm trying to say.

"and before he can position himself to occupy the sofa opposite, Namikawa taps one exquisite hand on the cushion beside him.

Mido’s choice is made, and his fate is sealed. There’s less trepidation than he expected; wine tingles down his throat, and Namikawa spreads an arm over the back of the couch."

Heehee.

"The prompt is quiet, slow, and interested.

It is neither shy nor tactful."

Amazing. It just is.

"He can’t remember, not that he’s thinking anymore. Not that he’s truly and properly thought in this man’s presence since the first staff meeting where shining hair like pitch, like liquefied obsidian, spilled over a pair of angled shoulders, pooling, thick."

He's hair is really pretty, isn't it? Everything about him is...

“I don’t even think of you by your first name,” he divulges. “It’s either reductive or respectful.”

Just...woah.

“Because we’re going to die,” Mido tells him.

Namikawa meets his eyes, suddenly alert. There are things he fears.

“Sooner or later,”

No... Namikawa is too pretty to die...

“Hence… now.”

“Now,” Mido agrees.

“Then we should make it good,” Namikawa notes, “now.”

I wish I had something intelligent to say but only "woah" comes to mind.

"Mido smiles warily, and the muscles feel stiff. “I would count myself the lucky one here.”

It’s self-deprecating, but the truth often is."

So good.

"“Good at what?”

The ring gleams as Namikawa reaches out and pushes a lock of hair from Mido’s damp forehead.

“Everything,” he answers.

Smiling comes a little easier this time.

“Touché,” Mido replies."

I loved this. Simply loved this. Amazing.
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I'm gonna be obsessed with this pairing now...

Terrific work! I think you kept both of them IC, and incidentally..your vocabulary is HUGE. XD
Toshiko Sato chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I've never really thought about the members of Yotsuba with depth, but I do vaguely remember thinking that there could be something between Namikawa and Mido. This is some of your best work, and that is really saying something. Well done.