Reviews for The Truth About Klaatu
MystiStar1 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I quite enjoyed seeing Klaatu from Dr Barnhardt's point of view. Interesting. Thank you for posting. :)
scifi-karis chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I actually really enjoyed this one and love Dr. Barnhardt's character! At first I was really confused because you were writing in such a scholarly, old fashioned manner, then I figured out who the first person was and it made sense! Great stuff!
DangerDanger chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Aw man, how'd I miss this one before. I loved how you got into Barnhardt's head here, with all of his observations about Klaatu. And that last bit, the "Truth About Klaatu" as Barnhardt saw it, was just wonderful. Mini-fandom hall of fame for certain. :) Really, I think I need to take a moment and just picture that image you conjured up of Klaatu's dark eyes as well as the part about his face not being able to hold a smile. Big sigh. Nicely done!
Wandering Spirits chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
I really liked this. It will definitely go into my favorites list. You're really good..no you are incredible at writing for this fandom. I know you've proabaly heard this a million times though. (sorry)-Ai-chan
Vice Vanness chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
I have not delved deeply at all into the Day the Earth Stood Still, so I can't give much analysis on how well you did or did not portray the characters, or the storyline following the movie. However, I must point this out. Even though I've only seen the movie once, Klaatu struck me as the kind of being who never did anything without a reason. So he's brought these anti-matter generating seeds from his planet. Why would he show them to Dr. Barnhardt first? He obviously has no idea what to do with them or how they might be used. Why would he come visit him at all? In the movie, he didn't want to talk to anyone but the world leaders because they were the ones who could make a difference. He stuck with Helen because she'd showed herself to be the most trustworthy. Though it is well written with few mistakes, the plot of Klaatu visiting the doctor, especially when he has some kind of space shuttle that would offer him far better protection and comfort, does not add up to me. Perhaps you can explain it to me later. Other than that, it was very good.
Silvara chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
*_* I-I am amazed.

Wonderful choices, wonderful, my dear !

- Maybe except the little venerationlike thingie in the last comparaison with God (too much, too blunt) but, well, I got the idea. -

You did a great job with your writing style. I could almost read H G Wells there.

You dosing of information and humor is as light and rightly tastful as ever. You can only improve more and more with time now. As an exemple that had me smiling, was the comparison with the parrot. it was easy to imagine such a feeling.

The professor is... wow. Totally IC. (at least for me)

I can't help but think that if he was to leave Klaatu go and read some passages of this (as the ending) it would be such an awkward moment aftermath. xD

Silvara (, still laughing after the "Muala" bit. :P )
WherePalmsSway19 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
I am swept away.

As far as fanfic goes, there is nothing that compares to this in the site. You are the master. Nuff said.
applepielover chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Yes, my previous review got removed! I apologize for the incident. Discard the PM I sent you if you haven't read it already.

I really like how you wrote it in Dr. Barnhardt's perspective and in H.G. Wells' writing style. Very insightful and well written.

Hope you'll enjoy your trip. :-)
Gene.Marie85 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Well, nice to see this story finally pop up! I think I would have to see the end of "Ghosts in the Machines" to really understand this piece. But, by itself it really stands out! I love how scientific analysis plays a vital role in what happens after the initial TDESS story.

One thing I ask is to know what becomes of Helen and Jacob. You leave too much mystery as to what's going on with them in this part. Thanks for adding this to the otherwise deadening fan base.