Reviews for Around My Heart
Fired Feathers of a Pheonix chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Aw so cute and sad! It's weird because sometimes I just click on random stories, and i was just thinking of Asuma and Kurenai before I read this. Btw, I love the song too!
forgetmenot87 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
This will sound incredibly weird, but I've read your story before! I loved it so much, but I didn't have an account at the time and I didn't review! Your story almost made me cry...and then I found a review from you on Truths of the Sannin and I'm like, OMG! But brilliant work! On the critical note, while this is an excellent story for angst, I think that you could maybe focus on how the pain changed her and how she learns to live again...it would make the story even stronger...
A chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
That kind of reminds me of a song by Evanescence..."Even in Death", where it talks that even in death, love goes on. "People die, but real love is forever", yeah, that would definantly apply to Asuma and Kurenai. I love the stroy, though. I was kind of waiting for someone to write something like this. Pity they don't mention what happens to Kurenai in the manga, though.
lovesrainscent chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Beautiful job as always. You did a really good job showing Kurenai's ambivalence about bonding with her daughter, her own recognition and acknowledgement of it (recognizing that she may need to call Shizune) and her final resolution of it with Asuma's help.
Rasenritsu chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
With Kurenai's motherly nature in mind (I'm thinking of her attitude towards Hinata here, but in particular the Kurama Clan filler arc, where she is practically mothering Yakumo), I can't truly picture her not knowing what to do with a baby, even when distraught - distraught that you managed to portray wonderfully.

Of course, this is simply my belief, and we haven't seen enough of her character to know this for sure. And while this clashes with my opinion on her, I do like your take on this particular situation.

What I do know for sure, however, is that poppies are in fact very delicate flowers. Have you ever tried picking one? More often than not the petals fall off immediately.

My pickiness aside, this is a wonderful story, and I love the way it's written. A very big kudos to you, and I sincerely hope you'll write more.
AudreyPuppy chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Oh, I really liked this take on things. That instead of immediately connecting to the baby as one of the last connections she has to Asuma, but to have that distance and to struggle with it.. and yet to not go so far as to make Kurenai seem cold and heartless (she feels guilty about it, so she's still /feeling/). That's fantastic, and still realistic. Really wonderfully written, too. :D
Torakage chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
You definately should write more Asuma/Kurenai. This piece was so beautiful, especially because I played the song while I read it. You handled the concept of Kurenai's grief extremly well and I could imagine her breaking down like that. That was so wonderful!
xcess chapter 1 . 4/27/2009