Reviews for In Medias Res
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Very nicely done with the reader being as much in the dark as Rodney. The revelation of what was actually wrong was totally unexpected. Also loved the use of Ronon at the end!
michelel72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
This is very well paced, from the natural disorientation of both Rodney and the reader, and the comfort of familiar surroundings, through the chilling recurrence of fishing (a perfect clue!) and all the way through to the end. Poor Rodney, having to lose Carson all over again! I'm glad you let him be so instrumental in his own escape, and the echoing closing scene is perfect.
Carambar chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Nice! The best is that we don't know either if Carson's dead or not... yet!
Gypsy Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
As soon as Rodney started talking about Fishing, I just knew. :( Aww, I miss Carson like crazy.

Wonderful fic. Yay mind fracks!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Interesting story. I realized something was wrong almost immediately, but it was entertaining to see Rodney figuring it out.
LittleKnobi chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
WOW! Well I think I realised the deception pretty soon but still very well written, I have to say. Maybe the rescue was a bit too sudden for my liking but I still loved it. enough to give you a proper reviwe ;-)
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Great story! I did enjoy it a lot. :)
Nuetronorange chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Great story, interesting plot, I loved it. Thank you.
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Wow, this was a long oneshot! ** If you can read all that, I applaud you XD Sorry, again, but you know I have to put all this, and hopefully my rambling and nagging reviews can entertain you, that's my main aim. Seeing as I'm sorry, but you can't quite drag me away from NY yet, even though I will keep my promise to write an SGA fic if you finish your other stories. Yes, really.

Great title, I like that, and it fits the story perfectly. But again, what is it with torturing poor Rodney? What has this guy ever done to you? From all I've seen of him, which I admit isn't much, he's very sweet and unassuming. *shakes head* Character torture. What fresh hell is here for him? Oh no, drugged and badly injured. At least you let him escape from it all though, unlike a certain other character, well two of them actually, from another TV show...

Sorry, sorry. Sensible review! But I'm reading traitor stories here! As always though I love reading your stories, and this one too is a finished one :P You draw me into the story and the characters, and the situation. I got a real sense of Rodney's panic and confusion, and the fear of the others around him too. That was sad too that he had to grieve again for Carson, very poignant. Loved the humour of the last line though, that worked well. A small request from a loyal reader now, please update your other stories! Please! Okay, i admit, i've drunk caffeine this morning... Hope this makes you laugh anyhow, and does not offend :) Lily x
Korilian chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
That was a fun twist. There were enough clues for the readers that something was very wrong and it was cool watching Rodney figure things out.
Leesa Perrie chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Excellent Rodney POV! I enjoyed this very much.
Ciara chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
What a great read. Your Rodney voice was perfect and the whole story well paced. I think I was just ahead of drugged!Rodney in figuring out that something fishy (sorry!) was going on, so nice suspense, too. Thanks for such a good story.
Trishkafibble chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Good story! An enjoyable read, with excellent character voices and well-paced narration. I see you have a couple of other SGA stories here (all McKay-centric, yay!). I'm off to check them out!
Ticialicious chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Very nicely done. I really enjoyed it.
Aelfgyfu chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Thanks for a good story! I do feel for Rodney, going through the loss of Carson all over again! I do like that he figured it out for himself, even if he needed help to get free.