Reviews for A Lever Long Enough
Sallyannerenee chapter 2 . 5/3
Thanks for this story. That was definitely an episode that felt unfinished, and I really liked the way you tied it up. Loved that you used point of views from both brothers.
tvj12 chapter 2 . 4/26/2012
The end of the episode left so many things open, and the damage to Sam's arms and his blood loss were the major points that should have at least warranted a mention in the series. I'm so glad you wrote this to fill the opening the writers left us. Great job with the dialogue where Dean answered Sam's slurred questions in a way that Sam could know that Dean understood him, and that we could follow the conversation (since so many of us are not fluent in sick!sam language) without actually repeating or questioning what Sam had said. Great writing! -tvj12
ccase13 chapter 2 . 10/29/2011
In the hospital with Sam after Jump the Shark had to be a really low point for both Dean and Sam. They lost Adam before they ever had him.
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 4/15/2010
Great second chapter from Dean's POV. He certainly had the time to think a lot with Sam mainly out of it! And loved how he could automatically decipher slurred Sammy and how his little brother amazingly could say pterodactyl perfectly when everything else was mumbled!

A great tag to JTS thanks.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Great chapter. Loved that you wrote it from Sam's POV and you got him perfectly, with his thoughts through the agony of his injuries. And what kept him from panicking were Dean's words that he would be back, however confusing everything else was, he kept hold of that.
Hawk50 chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
Sent here by K hanna Korossy, and am I glad. They missed a perfect opportunity for some healing h/c in "Jump The Shark".

I mean, first we see Sam on the table (shirtless *would* have been better :) ) while those ghouls; one looking disturbingly like his little brother, sliced and diced him. Then Dean cuts him loose and tells him to put pressure on *both* arms? Then they cut to Dean torching Adam's body? Pfftt - talk about a missed opportunity!

This was just what this episode needed. Thanks for presenting both POVs - loved the "shorthand" dialogue between the brothers in the second - and Dean always understood just what Sam was slurring.

Thanks for writing this, and sharing it with us. Not enough Sam h/c fic out there to suit my tastes. You rock!
Angel's Rest chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
This fic is a nice closure to Jump the Shark. Not only does it deal with Sam's injury, but it deals with another lost Winchester.

Again we get something small (Dean understanding Sam's slurred speech) standing for something much larger (the brothers' relationship). That's one of the many things I love about Clair's writing. And let me add her use of humor to the list. Pterodactyl. Hee!
gapdragon1 chapter 2 . 6/11/2009
I really like this story/tag and the different take to all the JTS tags out there. I thought the 'sammy speak'' was brilliant and captured the two of them perfectly. Thank you.
kirallie chapter 2 . 5/29/2009
Good work! Poor Sam!
ArmagonAuthor chapter 2 . 5/24/2009
I like this story. It was a bit hard to follow Sam's slurring, but I think that was the point lol. Good story!
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
I don't even know what to say.

What an awesome chapter.

I loved that Dean could understand everything that Sam was saying to him and of course loved the worried big brother, because no matter what, we know that that Dean loves his little brother, just as Sam loves Dean.

Thanks for sharing another chapter of your story with us.

Take care.
Ciya chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
'Say pterodactyl'. LOL! Great interaction between the brothers.
Twinchy chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
Wonderful additional chapter, Clair and heart-breaking to read. The way you wrote Dean with his ever-present worry for his little brother was very sad and true. I don't doubt for one second that he still loves Sam like always before... it's just that things are spiralling downwards, fast. And there are only a few things that either Winchester can really do about it at this point.

"Good job Dad. Sam’s finally the son you probably never really wanted him to be." So true!
staceycj chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
Just simply awesomeness. There needs to be another chapter of this. )
WindSpirit79 chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
Loved this. LS, protective big brother Dean, bro love, angst, good stuff. ;)