Reviews for Slices of Brotherhood
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
A tale of healing and a brotherly bond that surpasses all. Loved the imagery, well done!
Yellowbulma chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Great story
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Aw! Loved it! :D
Chikidee chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Very nice! Very sweet, well done. Just what should have happened in the epi.
kirallie chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Poor Dean. Glad he's not giving up on Sam.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
"Sammy had to be saved from himself; [...] if Sammy was gone, then Dean might as well have stayed in hell."

I'm beyond sure that's exactly how Dean thinks about it.

Nice comforting scene between the brothers and heart-warming insights. Still, in the light of his grave injuries, I would have expected Sammy to need a blood transfusion nonetheless. Just my two-cents worth, of course.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Very emotional and also very believable. Especially looking at their relationship this season. Dean still has the incredible need to save Sam and he just has to realize it. Awesome job here. Hugs, Vonnie
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
A touching story,I liked it.
Alice I chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Very nice tag, Cat. That episode needed something to take up where they left off. Sam seemed far too "well" while they burned Adam's body. Having a child loose a lot of blood last year (25%) I know for a fact that Sam should not have been able to be just standing there as if nothing had happened. I chose to assume that the burning of Adam's body happened after this missibng scene. Thanks for providing it for us to read.
ani88 chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
this is gold thank you!
Harrigan chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Happy to see you writing in SPN fandom! This was very nice - you have a good grasp of Dean, and maybe when Sam is more conscious you'll demonstrate a good grasp of him, too *g*.
masondixon chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
For me that is the heart and soul of the show: the brotherhood of Dean and Sam. No matter what comes ahead nothing will change that bond between these two. Nothing.

Thanks for your story.
Raye Black chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Wow this is heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. You've created an internal battle inside Dean that totally reflects how he was feeling in the episode. It's a simplistic battle, but it rages viciously in his mind. Well done! I really like your style and the ending as well: no matter what I too think Dean will always be there for Sam. (And I also hoped that the demon blood had bled out of Sam- fat chance, right?)

RayeB
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Oh my goodness. This was just exceptionally powerful. Fab. Favorite parts below-I know it's a lot, but you should get to hear the bestest stuff I think :) Really nice work.

He decided that maybe he should sit the bottle of Jack on the floor when he started to wonder if that blood - so much blood - had contained the one drop that the Yellow-Eyed Demon had dripped into Sam's mouth 26 years before. Maybe when he woke up, Sammy wouldn't have his freaky powers and visions, anymore. The hint of a grin teased at Dean's mouth before he sighed again and admitted the truth to himself: Winchester Luck. If Sam had been left with only one drop of blood in his body (and it was a lot closer to that than Dean was comfortable with), it would be that one drop, from all those years ago.

His father...their father...had looked so relaxed, and happy, in the photos. It was obvious he treasured his stolen moments with his hidden family, no doubt basking in the normality. Another revelation: In his own way, John Winchester had craved a normal life as much as his son Sam had.

Now, Sammy had to be saved from himself; the brother he knew, the one he had loved for most of his life with fierce devotion and protective instinct - he was still in there, somewhere. Dean had to believe that - because if he didn't, if Sammy was gone, then Dean might as well have stayed in hell.
Realhuntress chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
That epi so needed that scene! Thanks!