Reviews for Memories and Remorse
Rhodanthe chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Yes, you do wonder about Ginger's father, and it can be even more confusing when you read the different endings W E Johns wrote for 'Black Peril' (amongst others).
Nice to see it from the father's viewpoint.
003chan chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
... and you have me crying, you know :D

Thanks for the story. I have yet to finish reading the 'End of an Era', even though I have a remote feeling I read it once some years ago. About the same time I gave Ginger a name. The name was Daniel, what a coincidence ;)
psychopomp chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Oh, this is really fantastic. I love that it's from his father's point of view; you're right, we never see that, and nobody ever mentions him again. Thanks so much for sharing!
Elenhin chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Very good, and interesting, I've done a load of thinking about how Ginger would be feeling about his father, but not a whole lot about the other way around. It made me also think about a Sean Bean movie where one son forced his younger broter to become an outside in the family, then blamed him for what happened when the lad couldn't take it anymore.

There are many examples of what a father might do in grief, and how they sometimes seems to blame the child for the loss of the mother, which I see as very wrong, but is still not for us to judge.

Most of my thinking has been about how this will have affected Ginger, for there are some strong hints in the books that it has, and I love exploring things like this.

It was a very good story to read, mind if I sugest some furter writing of the kind? I for one would love it if you did some deeper digging in the childhood.

Take care now, kind regards, Elenhin