Reviews for I Must Not Tell Lies
Lil'MissChris chapter 43 . 2/3/2013
This is the first Harry/George story I've read and I loved it. I would have liked to have seen one more chapter... but it's likely after that chapter I would have just asked for another.

Great story.
-Chris
gingertwin1 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
havent reviewed yet but decided to as I love this story
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I HATED IT WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT HARRY WAS COMMITING ADALTERY MY FATHER COMITIED ADALTERY AND NOW MY LIE IS HELL SO F OFF
shimmer-light chapter 15 . 4/13/2012
I'm sorry, but this is the point where I stopped reading. The story is not bad, though not exactly to my usual tastes either(PWP is not something I like to read, but this fic was quite well written and had some substance to it, so I barrelled on). I truly mostly liked it up to this point.

But seriously? Harry actually flat-out CHEATING? It was a shock as well as a source of deep disgust for me. Really, I'm not usually a tight ass like this, but the circumstances as well as the scene with George after he found out were very disturbing to read. It was like watching a Disney movie in which Snow White suddenly decides to go shag the friggin Wood Cutter! Then telling the prince she just wanted some experience before the wedding! AND he forgives her with a make up shag! Just wrong! Lol

In any case, it was not a bad story, I just find myself a tad queesy about this stuff. So cheers!

shimmer-light
dragonpotter30 chapter 43 . 4/6/2012
I love is perfect ! Only harry was a prat but the love wined and is wonderfull ;D
yogibears chapter 43 . 1/20/2012
great read! thanks!
phoenixstrike chapter 43 . 1/9/2012
Just read this story in one setting. It's the Harry Potter version of Eastenders, especialyl with all this going on at Christmas! Was a good story, enjoyed it!
phoenixstrike chapter 18 . 1/9/2012
Ha ha love the Queer as Folk reference in this chapter. Nathan was a fab character in that.

Loving this story- I'm a die hard Drarry shipper but there's something about Harry with one of the twins that is just...right.
CuriosityIsNotASin chapter 43 . 12/17/2011
This story is just as good the second time round. your story deserves to be reviewed at every chapter, but i can never spare a moment, and just want to go onto the next chapter! i LOVE when everyone find out, and george is like, no you stole him from me. soooo good. and Hermione is like 'how long' and Harry's like since we were school boys. aaaah its soo good, so well written. i love how it doesnt drag on, even though the story goes overs years of their relationship i never get bored! you said some wern't happy about the ginny i loved it, i thought it just added depth to their hidden relationship, it made the ending a bigger bang! well friggen done :O :)
MissyBlack31 chapter 43 . 10/31/2011
So much heartbreak in this story. You made up for it all at the end, and I'm so glad. Every chapter, Harry insists they'll never get caught. Getting caught turned out to be just what they needed to begin their real life, together the way they belong. Pretty funny that lil Louis was the one to discover them!
Eve Frost chapter 43 . 10/31/2011
Absolutely brilliant story. It was an absolute delight to read. I wish there were more like it on . The way you wrote the ups and downs of the relationship was masterful. Right before you allowed the couple to get caught, I was hoping so much that they would, and the it happened. :) I almost thought that Harry wouldn't go to George in the end. I'm so happy with the ending. Thank you for writing such a brilliant story.

eVe
youarenotalone chapter 43 . 10/1/2011
Ever since Harry/George occurred to me this summer, I can't get over it as the perfect pairing. I've read most every H/Ge story on here, but this one always intimidated me by its length. Something posessed me to click the link this morning, and now I am reviewing the final chapter. If I had caught this story in-progress* I would have a bit of constructive criticism (towards the end, the relationship seemed almost purely sexual- sneaked blow jobs and quick shags, but nothing emotionally substantial). Reading it all the way through, though, overall I am left impressed and wishing for a sequel.

*sidenote: this isn't listed as "COMPLETE", and having not been updated in a year, I was afraid it never would be! Had to click ahead to the last chapter just to make sure the words "THE END" were there!
Bobbie-Leigh chapter 43 . 8/16/2011
I love you! I really do. You are a talented brilliant writer. I have read this from the begining to the end and I love it all!

I do hope the Weasley's forgive Harry and George.

Before i read this I didn't ever think about pairing George and Harry... now, they're my top shipping!

I love the fact that you can make me hate even one of my favorite characters (Ginny.) Yes when she first found out I felt sorry for her and hated Angelina for shouting at George (even though he deserved it) but Ginny just seemed so frail to begin with.. but then she said that Harry had to make a choice between his kids and the love of his life and that's just not fair at all!

I like the fact that you made Charlie the one who understood about everything, he's forgotten in the films and he's hardly in the books so i like that we get to know more about him then before.

Oh but what i like most of all is James. The fact that, earlier on that day he was having a go at his father for being this big 'show of' but when it came to it, he was there for him. James made me laugh in a time that should't have been funny, but it worked.

We got a clearer understanding of Hermione and how much she really does care for Harry witch i thought was very good.

You should write a sequel or something. I really want to know what happens. I want to know if Bill ever forgives Harry and George or if Ginny ever lets Harry see his kids, or the reactions of the rest of the wizarding world.

Dedicated, loving fan!
Bobbie-Leigh chapter 43 . 8/14/2011
I love you! I really do. You are a talented brilliant writer. I have read this from the begining to the end and I love it!

I do hope the Weasley's forgive Harry and George.

Dedicated, loving fan! 3
Gender Outlaw chapter 43 . 8/12/2011
Wow. This was intense and deep and horribly tramatic in such good ways. I don't know. It made me cry. I mean, I was reading and kept thinking, "Only a few more chapters left, they can't last much longer." And Harry still saying "Never get caught" was such a warning but I kept looking at the rating and the chapter amount left and couldn't figure if there was a happy ending or not.

But I still wanted more! I felt like it was more a beginning to a story than an end. All the strained relationships, the whole of the story up to then told us that it wasn't easy and so much could happen to change the emotions. I wanted to find out what happened next. When they reconcile, the lovers and the family. If they ever do.

If this turns out to be a hushed thing that nobody talks about come Holidays. If, some of the family accepts them and some are angry at them. If it causes a feud or if Bill holds a grudge, what happens. I want to know what happens next.

I think this saddens me the most of it all, knowing that although Harry and George are reunited, there is still so much left between them. The whole world is left between them, their families. Although they can just lay in the dark and ignore it all.

I absolutely loved Hermoine. I was crying during her rational logic, Harry asking her to tell him what to do, because she always knew the answer. And even though she said she couldn't tell him, she still knew. She lead him to the answer. But, that doesn't make sense does it? It's just, for that small part where she spoke, I felt like I knew Hermoine more than I had ever known her in the books. In the face of such startling, she's still so much herself.

.. Harry did make all the wrong decisions, didn't he? All his life, he and George could have been together. Could have had a happy love life, like so many other couples you'd shown, but instead he fucked it all up. They both did, but. Because in the beginning George was scared, and then Harry was scared. I liked that, George's uncertainty in his own feelings while, even though Harry had almost no clue about sex, he knew exactly what he was feeling and what they meant.

I liked Harry's logic about it all - his feelings, and his conclusion about gays in the Wizarding World, how he came to it. I kind of felt that was part of the argument on not coming out for so long for him. But then, I also felt his Slyternin side, if it's cliche to say that, saying "It'll all be okay" when everything was to the fan, trying to talk his way out of it, or even just thinking of such.

Sha. This was a very emotional story. I felt like Harry was such a dunderhead. But, then with it, he wouldn't really feel like "Harry". I felt like his mistakes were all reasonable and something I could imagine him coming to.

Him marrying Ginny because he had sex with Ginny to keep up the facade of being with Ginny because he really didn't know what to do. He should have just followed his heart from the beginning, but then this would be a completely different story. It would be Him and George standing in that pub, announcing their love. It really should have been.

A bit much smut for me, but.. also too, I think it nicely highlighted certain parts, and in it's own way commented on their relationship and how they were(n't) dealing with things. It wouldn't have been the same without it.

Um. The title was, wow um. At the beginning I thought it was just, oh, a mark on the lines in Harry's hands, that it was relating to when they first met. But it reads so well, it is so much the title for the story, the story itself, 'not tell lies', because, oh but.

I can't say I wouldn't change a thing, because I would so like to know more. I feel so bad for them, knowing how much a coward Harry is from gossip, and that reporter, and what Ginny aims to do to them, and how is George going to be, estrangled in whatever way from his family, and . but. But it still makes me want to cry. And I rarely cry.

Don't tell lies, I feel I should say. Oh Harry, you made such a mess of things.