Reviews for Pointless Exercises
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Thank you for posting this story. I enjoyed reading it yesterday evening. You write great add-ons to Supernatural episodes that fit right into the original scripts.
dogluvva99 chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Dean would choose Sammy over the world any day.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
They always choose each other, no matter what.
Angel's Rest chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I liked the bit about there being no limits when it comes to what they will do for each other. And they've proven that, haven't they? And isn't that what the show is about? The brothers. Family. What family does for family.

Poor Sam. Tired of getting jerked around by the angels. Not believing in himself enough to believe in Dean. Or to believe that Dean believes in him. The guy DOES need a vacation!
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Great fic. I really loved this. Poor, insecure Sammy.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I wasn't sure where you were going with this tag and I think that's what made it even better.

Sam was angry and it turns out because he didn't think Dean was coming back to the Impala or the angels had sent Dean away. Though Sam also admitted that he would have liked to be hunting more than one ghost in the past three weeks.

I had to smile when Sam guessed the first thing Dean thought of was food.

I did love that Dean went looking for Sam too and was worried that Sam had left him.

The brothers conversation as very good and yet filled with the uncertainty that they both have been experiencing this season as the brothers try to fix their bond.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I like this. It kind of dropped a bomb at the end... like "hm..." what is he supposed to say to that?

Good job!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Very well done, Clair.

This was a shining example for a tag to "It's a Terrible Life" because it really gave the episode a much needed brotherly ending with Sam and Dean discussing what had happened to them (and between them), not only in those three weeks but also in the entire time since Dean died and Sam had to learn to live without him.

You are so right with stating that "a sarcastic jab was Winchester code for olive branch offered and accepted", just like playfully pushing each other around.

The brothers truly needed this conversation to make things work again in the end and you gave it to us in a marvelous way. Thanks for that.
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Lovely! We (and the boys) so needed this at the end of this episode, and I'm so glad you decided to write it. I loved the bit of bantering, Dean telling Sam the pills had "a long way to travel", and Sam wanting to be positive that Dean was alright. I really miss scenes like this this season. Awesome job. :)
staceycj chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Wow. Best tag to this episode yet. Fantastic. I just enjoyed the insight into Sam.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Aw, this is good. Really. I loved it. Favorite parts:

“The way we’re going through angels, by the time this war is over, we’ll be dealing with God Himself because there won’t be anybody else high enough to boss us around.”

“What I think Sam, is that ever since I came back from last summer’s hot spot, you’ve been trying to hold up the world. And you got broad shoulders man, but even you have limits.”
ROBINV chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
GREAT story, I enjoyed every single word.

But the last sentence, under the end-was it supposed to be in the story somewhere, or should it have been deleted?

Love, Robin
WindSpirit79 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I loved this. Sam being so upset not just that they were being toyed w/, but that he thought Dean wouldn't choose him. *sniff* I loved the resulting talk. That's right. They'll always choose each other. Just the way they should.