Reviews for Another Shepherd on Serenity
Talon5Krrde chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Please write more.

This is an interesting story!
zGreece chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Dude, you should really fucking update this! This is really damn awesome! At least give it to someone who loves the story as much as us fans (even though they'res like 7 or 8 of us, we still love your work).
idenitycrisis27 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Holy crap this is awesome. I just started searching for Firefly/ME crossovers on a whim and found this little gem. The concept you have is great, fitting the Mass Effect characters as part of the Alliance. Usually in a crossover fanfic, there's a hard time of squeezing one set of characters into another universe or changing the story of one or both out of canon to make the crossover seem legitimate. But this works without changing either world or any characters therein, making this nearly a seamless crossover.

Some of the great things I thought while reading this:

-This is a fantastic setup for these characters to meet. It involves all the characters in both universes and stays (almost) entirely within canonical timelines for both universes.

-Your interpretation of these characters are spot on. Having had only two games (not a lot, if you think about it) and 13 episodes (not counting the unaired ones) to get to know these sets of characters in their respective environments, it's easy to write whatever you want because you don't know what those characters might have said if they were being written by the official screenwriters themselves. However, your interpretations of all of those who spoke seem to be very canonical. I enjoyed reading this piece because of how true it seemed you stayed to their personalities.

The only possible items I can make any reccomendations/suggestions for revision are: The overuse of Mal & Friends' slang. As a Browncoat myself, I understand how prominent the language and slang of Firefly's universe is. But it seems like every single chance there is, a Firefly character uses a slang term. It seems like filler, or maybe you felt like the reader wouldn't really feel like these were close enough to the real Firefly characters. I think that it's slightly overdone. Not by much, but ever so slightly.

The only other thing I can touch on is, again, the dialogue coming from Shepard. She seems slightly too cavalier about the trouble they're in. (I.E. 'We don't have time to chat about how awesome my ship is.") I don't think she'd have said much of anything to them, she would have simply bent down to the camera and said 'Get ready to be boarded.' Especially if she would fit into the Firefly version of the Alliance. But that's simply my opinion.

I would personally LOVE to see more of this story come to life. This has the potential to be one of the best crossovers out there, given the subject material and how it could work. I'd love to see how Mal and company react to aliens like Liara or Garrus (Grunt or Wrex meeting Jayne would be particularly entertaining.)

I think a story like this has an excellent chance of being very, VERY good.
Eipok chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Hurray? I'm a little surprised you revised this. I thought you were going to leave it as a oneshot. Hm... I'm really not sure where you'll go with this, but I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
Punk Rocker Fairy chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
hahaha! This is great! Are you going to continue?
A Mountain Sage chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
It's certainly good! It makes me want to read more! Update soon please!
ThorHammer17 chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Alliance. Gorramit. Why didn't I think of this? This is the best idea I've ever heard. Please, do write more. I'd love to see where this goes.

(Or, if you decide you absolutely can't write it anymore, let me? My brain is already churning with ideas!)
The Dream Guardian chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Oh, update soon. This was great, I love the interaction and can't wait to see what happen next.
Sharem chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Now this is interesting... My favorite video game in a crossover with one of my all-time favorite TV shows..._ I was thinking of writing a crossover of this myself.

Anyway, I think you have a good start on the story and I will be waiting for more chapters..._