Reviews for Drummer
SilverWinter18 chapter 13 . 8/29/2009
Lol...I wonder what Amroth will do with this modesty gown? hehehe...it'll probably be really interesting.

Alphros is so cute! “You should not allow her to do it, Amroth. My mother tries to kiss me all the time, but I do not let her.” oh, and: “But even if she is a queen, I’m not having it!”. Lol to cute!

Hehehe...I do remember Belecthor's book...too funny...
SilverWinter18 chapter 12 . 8/29/2009
Aww...They're just so cute together! I usually hate having to 'borrow' things (like money) when I'm broke. It's because I'm using money that I didn't earn so it kinda feels like I'm taking advantage of my friends' goodwill even though I would do the same for them. So, I understand how Devoran feels about having your own money to buy certain things.

I also have a question about what Imrahil said earlier on in the chapter. Something about not mentioning ginger? What does he mean by that?

I'm sorry for reviewing so late, my internet wasn't working because my stupid router was malfunctioning and whatnot. But anywho, I shall continue on to read the next chapter!
Anne Rose chapter 13 . 8/29/2009
Someone really needs to compile all the extant bits of Belecthor’s book and post them. ;-)
Nenhiril chapter 13 . 8/28/2009
i just finished reading this story from beginning to this point and all I can say is that I can't wait for more. Parts had me sniffling and parts had me about to laugh. This is one of the stories I am not going to want to end because I love the characters so much.
Deandra chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
Oh my! I love all the wonderful details of Dol Amroth family life that you give us here. This chapter brings them all to life even more than in the past. I'd be quoting much of your story to pick out favorite parts, but here's one -

Too funny!:

Amroth could hardly respond for laughing. “Very wise, Alphros. I keep telling Devoran not to kiss me, but she insists.”

“I don’t think you were trying hard enough to get away,” Alphros accused.

“Yes. And I bet Aunt Lothíriel will want to kiss me as well.” Alphros bristled with annoyance, small fists clenching. “But even if she is a queen, I’m not having it!”

By the way, I didn't really choose the fifteenth for E/L's wedding in Juxtaposition - it just happened to fall on that day. I had to plan out dates to know when things were happening and started in Minas Tirith with Eowyn's wedding. By the time everything happened that led to the wedding, it put it on the fifteenth. But, then, maybe Middle-earth ghosts drifted into my sleep and "persuaded" me to arrive at that conclusion!

At any rate, excellent chapter. Nice to get more of an explanation and display of the history of the modesty gown. How nice that you let Aunt Ivriniel be the first non-prude to have it meet its ignominious end!

- Deandra
Alquawende chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
I'm glad to find that Devoran is comfortable with her future family. Alphros is simply adorable and definitely acts like a kid his age. Will this story extend to the trip to Ithilien and Minas Tirith or will it end after the wedding? Thanks for writing!
Elwen of Lorien chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
I love that Devoran and Lothiriel are getting along so well. And it will be intersting to see Amroths reaction to tradition. Elwen.
DearDorothea chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
loved it as ever, especially the bits with devoran and lothiriel
blacksleeves chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
Ah yes, Belecthor!

I'm happy you've brought Eomer and Lothiriel back finally, they are so much fun! I hope you give them some more bickering for our comedic pleasure. And, you are the champion of UST, poor Devoran and poor Amroth too, I hope they will eventually get some relief...Thanks!
black4minister chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
oh yes, haha, what will amroth do with that gown, hmm? lol, more then burn it i'd imagine. though i thought that was a very believably reaction from eomer. and i loved the little bit where he was holding the baby-it was so cute!

great chapter, it was so much fun to have everyone together again-and we're getting closer to the wedding! can't wait for more,

blacky xox
Sarahbarr17 chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
Ah, that dratted book again! Queen Arwen should issue an edict having it banned! (*Sarah laughs*)

An excellent chapter, as always. Good charaterisation all round.

Hugs,

Sarah x
black4minister chapter 12 . 8/22/2009
ah, i know i'm terrible it's taken me ages to read this chapter. but it was still brillent-totally. i loved amroth with devoran, he is so sweet to her and careful, and her riding into the city wearing his ceremonial cloak is such a pretty picture.

i can't wait to see the wedding, and to have eomer, lothiriel and aragorn back in it, if they are coming.

can't wait for more,

blacky xox
Taima1 chapter 12 . 8/21/2009
Another lovely chapter! Thanks!
Anne Rose chapter 12 . 8/19/2009
Clever Imrahil and wonderful Amroth. :-)
Fishy Rainboots chapter 12 . 8/16/2009
Great job. I am really enjoying it. I cann't wiat to read the rest.
181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »