Reviews for The Affair
2old4fanfic chapter 29 . 1/12
This review will bring you to 460 but I think it deserves many more. Those grand babies can melt many a heart. I wonder if the baby will ever know that mommy was once married to gramps. That would be a freaky conversation
2old4fanfic chapter 24 . 1/12
My grandfather was a pool shark. He used to pull the "I'm just an old man" trick, then clean out my brother's friends
2old4fanfic chapter 17 . 1/12
Drunk Bella on the dance floor is bad news. Poor Ben
2old4fanfic chapter 11 . 1/12
doing the boss at a family retreat...so not cool Jess
2old4fanfic chapter 10 . 1/12
It baffles me that this has under 500 reviews. I guess Bella and anyone else scares people. I love the building tension here, it's nice to be a fly on the wall of that tent
Do'B chapter 29 . 11/30/2014
Beautiful story, while reading I had so many mixed feelings, reactions to what was happen and to what I thought was going to happen. So much of me was waiting to read that Carlise in fact had cheated with Gianna and I expecting to read that it was Carlisle who hired Gianna and not Jasper-I really thought I had many parts of this story pegged, so you can imagine how wonderfully surprising to find out that the complete opposite occurring. Awesome story.
snoopylover60 chapter 29 . 7/30/2014
This is great story..
Guest chapter 22 . 1/9/2014
See what I mean ... getting stuck under the t-shirt in a panic could so happen. Totally hilarious but realistic comic releif. Of course, I'm not sure I would have wanted to escape from underneath Edward's t-shirt. Just saying.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/8/2014
Throughout the story so far, the sense of humor you infuse really helps temper the drama. And it seems very natural in the flow of the content - not like you are forcing it in just to alleviate. Thank you!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/8/2014
It's not so much the age difference I mind in their relationship, it's the doctor-patient circumstances. I now it's fiction, but Carlisle is near or actually stepping over the AMA's sexual misconduct rule, especially with the doctor visit being gynecological. Additionally, considering she was initially a minor, her parents probably could have had a (highly profitable) field day in a court room (and/or in front of the medical ethics board and Carlisle's insurance company) if they decided to sue on her behalf. So far, you haven't even addressed the facet of misconduct. I want to keep reading because you write so well, and I like the premise of the story. But I'm kind of skeeved.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/8/2014
Um, the way they met and proceeded sounds like Carlisle should have lost his medical license, regardless of Bella being the pursuer. I question the claim that Carlisle was not being unethical. That was creepy.
IAmMelissa2 chapter 29 . 1/9/2014
I realize I didn't sign in previously with my other reviews. My too long ramblings about medical ethics and children of divorce aside, I loved this story. I hope those reviews didn't seem harsh against you. They weren't meant to be. When I review passionately (or questioningly) about subject matter, it always is about the corresponding content/characters of the story and not meant to be hostility towards the author. However, with the case of my reviews about your infused humor, realism and characterizations in the story - those were all towards your writing-style.

I am a big fan of your work. I think I read Sinful Thoughts at least twice, maybe three times. I read Beautiful Savage once, but I think it is time for a re-read. Same with Gloaming. I know these stories aren't super-recent and maybe you don't look at their reviews anymore but ... I love them and thank you for sharing them with your readers.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/8/2014
I was worried about how Bella was going to approach her contact with Edward. I was bristling a bit at Carlisle saying Edward was old enough to make the decision to believe his mother all along and not come to the wedding. That's not fair. At all. I have been in those shoes, and it's not that simple. I had a bitter parent that loathed her ex-husband (and the new wife). I was raised to feel the same. When you grow up believing what is proclaimed as the truth, what else are you supposed to believe? At the time, Edward wasn't really old enough (or mature enough) to understand the "there's two-sides to every story" concept. And what if the "truth" is actually true? Regardless, at that age, it is difficult to push back and say, "I want to find out for myself." Those pre-teen/teen years are tough enough without issues like that. Yes, you get older and become your own person, but often, by then, the damage is done. In my case, even though the "truth" was essentially true, I eventually chose to push back, but it wasn't easy. It was very painful for many reasons.

Having said all of that, some sensitive to the issue might say Bella stepped over a boundary. I would have said that too. However, her email was worded perfectly. Thank you for at least sensitively handling her first contact with him that way.

Okay, I'm done. Sorry for being emo. :-)
KristinaFerrara13 chapter 29 . 11/22/2013