Reviews for A Stranger I Once Knew
Questfan chapter 14 . 1/22/2010
Can I get down off the rollercoaster now please? Seriously though I think you hit just about every emotion in this story and I feel exhausted. This was an extraordinary story where you managed to make an OC feel like part of the family - not easy to do. Great job all round!
Questfan chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
It has taken me forever to get back here but I finally have holidays and am treating myself to a couple of days just reading. I had to stop and comment on this chapter cos I love butterflies - they are some of the most extraordinary creatures on the planet and Miguel finally kissed Beth! You could write romance novels. This story is just beautiful.
Questfan chapter 3 . 11/15/2009
Wow! You manage to cram an amazing amount into a chapter. I love the way you write Dagwood. He isn't easy to capture but you've definitely got him down pat. Beth's talk with Lucas was spot on and Miguel is making me alternatively want to hit him and hug him! Ah the drama of it all :-)
Questfan chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Well it took me longer than I had hoped to get to this sequel but you sure don't disappoint! I love the way you write Tony. He's one of those characters who almost slides past but when he puts in his 2 cents worth it's always memorable :-) You write action scenes really well and this first chapter just about exploded. The idea of B.E.T.H was inspired and I'm looking forward to the rest of this tale. Great start!
CF Vici chapter 14 . 9/8/2009
Well worth missing sleep and meals over. I can only imagine how much blood, sweat, and tears (not to mention TIME) went into crafting this. Thank you so much. I hope you'll write more stories soon. I'm subscribed.
CF Vici chapter 11 . 9/8/2009
This is SO much better an ending to season 2! Where were you when Steven Speilberg needed you? I got up at 7, started reading...only stopped to take two kids to school...skipped breakfast, skipped lunch. See what you do to me? And I'm not done yet! Not stopping here. Just hoping I can read fast enough to finish by dinner.
CF Vici chapter 8 . 9/8/2009
I've been steadily reading "A Stranger I Onnce Knew" and hadn't planned to review until I finished, but I wanted to say before I forgot, how much I am enjoying the story (I actually got up EARLY just to read; that doesn't happen much) and I especially love your off-duty fun moments. This beach scene was especially heartwarming.

I'm also envious of your ability to write suspenseful battle scenes, complete with details like longitude/latitude, turn degrees and dive angles. Wow. Of course, you could be totally faking it and I wouldn't know, but all that matters is the illusion and you're very good at it.

More later when I get time to finish reading.
Lynnp chapter 14 . 9/7/2009
I'm so glad I came to work today cos I found this beauty waiting for me! What a lovely heartwarming chapter. I loved the fact that Beth offered to buy half of Jim's appartment. I always felt sorry for him not having a family to go home to, but now he has! Great as always. Looking forward to more.

Lynnp chapter 13 . 9/1/2009
Another sad chapter. Poor Wendy, and poor Beth & Lucas having to leave the SeaQuest, and in Beth's case Miguel as well. Hope it goes better for them. Looking forward to your next update.

CJane chapter 13 . 8/31/2009
So, you know you're addicted to a story when you make it a point to read the next chapter on your blackberry while on a family camping trip. Hopefully the roaming charges won't be too bad.

I really loved this chapter and am left standing with Beth adn Lucas watching seaQuest disappearing into the water.
Lynnp chapter 12 . 8/28/2009
What a sad chapter! I nearly cried, and I'm at work! Luckily I'm on my own this afternoon so no-one saw or heard me sniffing! Great great update. You know how much I love this story; in a way I'm sad that it's going to end! The others don't know what they're missing!Looking forward to your next chapter. Have a great weekend!

Lynnp chapter 11 . 8/26/2009
OMG OMG OMG! What an absolutely fantastic chapter. You completely blew me away with this one! Please, please, please let Beth and Wendy be okay! Brilliant update! p.s. loved the line Jim said to Jonathon at the end about being friends. I loved those 2 episodes when he was introduced! I am *so* looking forward to more. You rock!

Lynnp chapter 10 . 8/18/2009
What a lovely chapter! I love Miguel and Beth, but I do wish Jonathon and Lonnie would get their act together lol! And of course I want Jim to find someone too. I'm just a big softy at heart! I loved the interaction between Miguel and Beth, and I adored Dagwood dancing with Lonnie again. It reminded me of that episode and how Jim and Jonathon took Dagwood out. I particularly remember him driving the jeep lol! Anyway, thanks for the trip down memory lane, and I look forward to your next update.

Lynnp chapter 9 . 7/31/2009
A lovely heartwarming chapter. I'm glad Beth and Miguel finally kissed, but what a place to do it with everyone watching lol! I bet Miguel will get some ribbing! Glad to see Katie and Ben back together. It was great to see Kristin too. You put an awful lot of work into that chapter, and believe me it's very much appreciated. Your eye for details is spot on. Eagerly looking forward to more.

Lynnp chapter 8 . 7/20/2009
Wow! What a great update! I loved every bit of it. I particularly liked Beth & Jim's chat, as well as the frolicking on the beach! Eagerly looking forward to more. Well done again on a smashing chapter, it must have taken you ages!