Reviews for First
Aww rip jewel
Blown away chapter 17 . 1/19/2014
Dear god, I do believe I like your story so much more than the original books! Jewel's character is just so wonderful and well written, as are all of the tributes. It's such a refreshing change to read about a main character who uses humor as a coping mechanism instead of being a total angstbucket all the time. Of course, I might be a little biased-Jewel's no-sense-moping attitude is pretty much me to a t, lame jokes and all, ha ha! (Not to mention I'm a big sucker for happy after-death reunions. Just...tearing up a little in such a good way here. And I'm not a crier at all.) 3
Aislynn chapter 17 . 12/28/2013
Hi, there! Wow! This is a great story: it really brinhgs home the horror of the Hunger Games, and what they do to the ones forced to participate in them, even more so because these are the first and the participants did not have any chance to prepare for them (even by watching the thing play out beforehand). The narator's voice is sound and absolutely believable, and I am awed by the way you manage to bring home the humanity of her as wel as of all the other participants. The way they try to keep it and they are losing it bit by bit, and the way that happens to them even without knowing it... well done. Marvelous fic! Thank you for writing!
gio-district7 chapter 17 . 12/14/2013
I randomly found this fanfic and i am so glad i did, its probably the best one i'v read. I was so worried when reading this chapter you began with an update on the last chapter so i thought you didn't finish or something but i'm so glad that wasn't the case. As much as i wanted Jewel to win i'm glad she didn't, i cried so much at the end. The characters were so well written and i enjoyed every single tribute you wrote about, especially Skira, Hulde, Rashnid and even that district 6 girl and the district 9 "sister-killer". I think most of all is that the story kept me laughing, the jokes came off as so natural and not forced. I just loved every minute of reading this and i'm so glad you wrote it.
Cookie Seller On The Dark Side chapter 17 . 10/20/2013
Aw. I actually cried at the end. I'd love to know how Kayn reacts to killing his best friend, though. Maybe you could do a one-shot sequel..?
Well done with this, it's amazing.
Cookie Seller On The Dark Side.
anon chapter 17 . 9/10/2013
omg omg omg NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Poor Jewel.

I actually feel sorrier for Kayn because he has to live with the guilt... what a sad ending.

Thank you for one of the best fics I've ever read... probably the first hg fic that has made me both laugh and cry. Keep up the amazing writing.
FriendlyFinnick chapter 17 . 7/27/2013
Whoa, plot twist.
It's written in first person but she doesn't win. Suzanne Collins should have done that, made it less obvious that Katniss was going to win.
jake chapter 15 . 5/18/2013
didnt see that coming. damn poor jak I liked him
Jake chapter 5 . 5/17/2013
I'm going to be completely honest, I don't usually review unless something substancial happens but when you added the line about maybe someones a shower manufacturer or a lunatic I honestly laughed. As in my parents are looking at me like I'm a fool. This story has me hooked.
Will chapter 8 . 5/8/2013
I thought this chapter was pretty good, since apparently you didn't have much time. you shouldn't underestimate yourself
Theuglyduckling492 chapter 17 . 5/3/2013
This made me want to cry, but I love it!
Theuglyduckling492 chapter 8 . 4/30/2013
This is great! I love how funny Jewel is.
HybridsRose chapter 17 . 4/23/2013
Wow, I really expected Jewel to win because she's always first for everything and it's from her point of view, but I guess not...

So Kayn won...feel sorry for that guy. He seems like a pyscopath.
HybridsRose chapter 16 . 4/23/2013
WoW!
HybridsRose chapter 15 . 4/23/2013
Wow, this is really intense again.

I can't believe Jak tried to kill her but that's good that he died, one person less to kill.

I think the career pack should hunt down the others first, then split up when it gets to the last four.