Reviews for Castle Down
mtnikolle chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
This is heartbreakingly well written... and all too plausible. Well done.
Lady Moe chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Wow. I never gave Kyouya's mother much thought. But when you think about it, this makes a ton of sense.
Both Kyouya and Yoshio are painfully in character, and everything fits nearly perfectly into canon.
Nice work.
machi-pan chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
"(They didn't know it then, but years later when their mother's piano is played again, it would be played with such beauty and purity, they would all cry at the memories it evoked.)"
I was dying and now I'm dead.
Thank you so bloody much for being so hatefully beautiful.
I hate you so much that I love you
you bloody ridiculous, so goddamn talented author
Guest chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
You wrote this so well. I started sobbing...I don't know when, I really liked your word choice and I love "something like fiery molasses slinks beneath his veins" it is very powerful.
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I love the song she played; "Clair de Lune" fits her perfectly.
The details were so great they made me cry.
Fell4 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I love how you make Ichiro hate his father. Maybe she did raise him correctly after all. Maybe he didn't want to spend time with her when he was younger because he knew that SHE would be the one to get in trouble.

Fell4
Choco-Hime97 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
An absolute masterpiece.

I mean, I'm just speechless. Noriko was written so realistically, I broke down crying towards the end. And I never cry when watching/reading a fiction, so that's saying something. The way you handled the touchy subject of abuse was tasteful and artistic. I really hope that someday I can write as well as you. Kudos for writing the best Angst I've read to date!

-Choco-Hime97
So great chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I'm not going to lie. This made me tear up a lot. I wanted to cry.

I feel so bad for all of them. Especially Noriko.

Great story.
twelveh chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Okay, I'm in more tears over this than I was in with The Shadow King and the Dark Prince. I haven't seen any other fics about Kyoya's mother, and it's not mentioned in the series, so this... this is exactly what I thought it would be. A perfect melancholy that's so heartbreaking.

The part that got me, which wasn't even that focused on, was the mention of Tamaki playing the piano. I seriously stopped breathing and just... sat here for a long minute in shock.

I swear, I'll think of this every time I watch that episode now.

I kind of want more of this universe you've created now. I just want to burry myself in it and never come out. :]
Raxacoricosupercalifragilicio chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Wow. I've never read anything about Kyouya's mother before and this somehow perfectly fits the blank the manga gave us. It's sad and gripping and beautiful all at once and I feel like I should cry but that would freak people out, this is, honestly, the only fic I've read that has such a broken yet connected family and I thank you for writing it.
Cynical Gummy Bear chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Mein Gott.

This amazing! And masterfully done.

It's devastating what rape can do to a woman, both psychologically and physically. To know that Noriko was completely innocent and then raped by her cold, unfeeling husband is horrible. Not to mention he was physically abusive and showed her no love. It's highly understandable on her part that she commited suicide. This is really well done C:

CGB

PS: May Yoshio stew in his guilt forever!

PPS: Can you write a one shot with Yoshio's view? Like why he treats his children like that and why he treated his wife like that?
NearInsanity96 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Beautifully written, with an interesting perspective! And yes, it was up to angst stardards (made me cry :P)
theraccoon chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
I was really touched by your story. Not only is it really depressing, but it is also well-written. Amazing job.
Esca Pe Galaga chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Stunning. Great story line through out... had me in tears... poor Kyoya, I love how you portrayed that hidden emotion, because it is impossible for someone to not feel. Great work!
Nic.Lan chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Oh god

I'm crying like mad because we all know what the Ootori family is like the actual manga. I feel like there is a possibility that this could have actually happened.

Gosh, you know even if this is a story of an OC, you really feel for this woman. A real tear jerker.

Please keep up your beautiful work!