Reviews for The Locum
Olafur Neal chapter 18 . 3/10/2014
Holy frak! That was a good fic.
prince-bishop chapter 18 . 8/31/2013
That was a damn good story, a very good ending, I hope like Kendra that Trip and T'pol both survive the war and lead a happy and wonderful life together. Any chance for a sequel to this story.
prince-bishop chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
This is my fourth chapter, this story is really good, I'm enjoy every chapter.
Cap'nFrances chapter 18 . 6/24/2013
Great story. it would be interesting to see what happens to Trip, T'Pol and Kendra in their new assignments.
Angel16 chapter 18 . 10/24/2012
Wow! Not the sort of story I usually read, but very captivating. Typically I read all of your stuff (not sure how I missed this when it was new) and I'm glad I decided to give this a go despite it being outside my normal comfort zone. Very likeable characters, even Vehlen. Thanks for sharing!
thump chapter 18 . 2/17/2012
Terrific story! Just finished reading it from beginning to end...
Whirlwind421 chapter 11 . 6/30/2011
I feel like in the Mirror Darkly universe again!
Whirlwind421 chapter 10 . 6/30/2011
Poor girl. That sounds like the beginning of a bond. (A messed up one.)
Whirlwind421 chapter 9 . 6/30/2011
Intense chapter. I'm glad it was just T. Though, I was very surprised with about Trip being raped too. (Not cause he's a guy.) You seem to have it in for humans this story.
Whirlwind421 chapter 5 . 6/30/2011
Well, this is a very interesting plot so far. I like reading them from another perspective but I kind of miss what they are thinking.
Putaro chapter 4 . 4/12/2011
The medical talk is well done. Enjoying the story so far. The TnT story is fun - you can keep coming back to the angsty bits again and again and enjoy them from different authors and viewpoints.
Jump Highly chapter 18 . 8/23/2009
You've done good work with this story. Certainly some unusual (appreciatively so) approaches, and I've rarely seen the third-party original-character function so effectively as a narrative device. It's an engaging story, provocative and thoughtful, clearly the product of sophisticated planning and background analysis on your part. I apologize that, having read it through in one setting, I'm don't have particularly detailed critiques for you, but know that I thoroughly enjoyed the piece.

Also, for what it's worth, this actually reconciled some bits of the show for me. I was never an avid Enterprise fan, only catching sporadic episodes during the four-year run. But in that time, Trip was my far and away my favorite character, and nothing so thoroughly killed any retrospective interest I may have had in the show as his final treatment. I found not only his death, but also the finality of his and T'Pol's split to be rather infuriating. Interestingly, your first chapters allowed me to make better sense of that. Though obviously it's still not what I would have wished for the character, I was able to consider what could have led to such an ending.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable read! You have real talent.
The Middleman chapter 18 . 6/20/2009
I do love your work! It took me a week to get through the whole story and it kept me company part of the way down on a flight from New York to Mexico City. I was pretty impressed with the whole concept, telling the story through the eyes of a character we were not familiar with. Very cool how she was an outside observer to the problems of Trip & T’Pol’s bonding, being sympathetic to the plights of both of them, only to find herself in the same situation. you created two very interesting characters in Kendra and Vehlen. Towards the end of the story, I wish we could have learned more of what TnT were going through at Starfleet and the events that lead up to Trip’s proposal, but that would have been difficult telling it from Kendra’s POV. I’m really looking forward to your next story. Thank you for the hours of enjoyable reading.
A. Windsor chapter 18 . 6/20/2009
Beautiful ending. Happy in that, our 3 officers survive, but still foreboding. There /is/ a war on. I really enjoyed this series.
A. Windsor chapter 17 . 6/17/2009
Aw, hell. Self-destruct? Really? Their luck sucks.

Loved this:

Ikeda turned to T'Pol and Trip. "Do you believe the doctor's perceptions of a 'mating bond' to be accurate?"

"Absolutely," Trip said.

"I have no doubt," T'Pol said.

However, neither explained why they were so certain.

Hehe. Final chapter! Please!