Reviews for Revan's Shadow
Apokatastasis chapter 32 . 7/13
Just thought I'd leave one last review for posterity. This is by far one of, if not, the best Kotor fic I've ever read. It's clear how much passion you put into this project. It's always nice to see when someone achieves a goal like this. Amazing work.
Apokatastasis chapter 6 . 7/12
Ah, I see. I thought it was basically confirmed that Arren Kae and Kreia were one and the same but upon further inspection I found that it isn't necessarily 100% confirmed. Also I feel kinda stupid forgetting how to spell her name.

P.S. Story's really good so far.
Apokatastasis chapter 2 . 7/12
Don't know if you'll address this later on but at this point (chapter 1) she still went by Arren Kai. It wasn't until she was betrayed by Sion and Nihilus that she started going by Kreia. It's a combination of her 2 former names: (K)ai T(raya) Kreia
Guest chapter 32 . 5/24/2016
And so the first game begins.

I enjoyed this very much.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/24/2016
Wow. So much more different then from the game. And a lot more sad.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/24/2016
Bao-Dur cameo!
Guest chapter 3 . 5/24/2016
?
Guest chapter 2 . 5/24/2016
You have captured my attention.
K'kruhk chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
This is truly breathtaking and phenomenal. Your writing is genius, in a way that reflects the characters very well. The only complaint that I have is the small contradictions against the KOTOR comics which takes a bit away from the immersion. Otherwise your writing is in my opinion even a lot better than Drew Karpyshyns.
Velvethand chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
...I truly believe that this story is excellent, the events believable and plot plausible within the canon. You have encapsulated the tragedy and unapologetic humanity of Revan's story. Thank you for your work.
Velvethand chapter 33 . 2/2/2016
I played KotOR for the first time many years ago. At that time I had never heard of fan-fiction and although I enjoyed the story it was one of many for me. At one point I realized a book had been written about Revan but I did not have a chance to buy it before it was taken off the shelves at my local bookstore. A little over two weeks ago I played through the game again. It took me two days and made me feel to a greater extent then I had in the past three years. After the play-through, I became captured by Revan in a similarly obsessive way to the one you describe in your closing notes. Upon reading the full story of what happens after the game; he became my favorite Star Wars character and possibly my favorite character. Less then a week ago I began to read fan-fiction about KotOR and Revan and in the course of that I read your story today. I do not often leave reviews despite having read thousands probably tens of thousands of fan-fictions in the last 8 years since first finding out about fan-fiction and this site. This story, is obviously an exception to this general policy and the reason is because it is the best fan-fiction for KotOR that I have thus far read and because in my opinion it stands among the best fan-fiction I have read for any genre. I
Guest chapter 33 . 12/23/2015
Words cannot describe how much I loved this story... I'm a huge fan of KOTOR and Revan especially and how you connected the stories of all the characters into one, I believe that it was even better than the original cannon. Simply brilliant.
Guest chapter 33 . 8/16/2015
Lovely, absolutely enthralling in all aspects. Almost professional grade work. I was appalled at te quality and effort put forth into this fic and I loved it. Worth every second I read. Perfectly paced action laced with intelligence and character development. Just an all around great work.
machievelli chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Posted 9 June 2014, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents.

Beginning Pre Mandalorian Wars: The beginning of Revan's Saga as a Jedi

Rescue fleet? From what I have seen of the Republic in the SW universe, they couldn't, as the old saying goes, organize a bottle party in a brewery. S&R (Search and Rescue)is usually a locally organized and operated function and pretty much one that crosses international borders, so say if a Korean ship in the ocean near China sends a distress signal, every ship whatever nationality that hears that signal will immediately head toward her.

Also, with something falling from orbit, the rescue ships would more likely destroy it rather than let it crash. The only reason we just let satellites fall back into the atmosphere is because we have no such organization policing it. So allowing it to crash would cause unnecessary casualties. As much as some might say there are no warships with the fleet in question, note that the implications made in the story suggest it was an attack, meaning they would send warships as surely as the police would be sent in if it were a typical terrorist attack.

Technical note, 'He's too old': I am constantly wondering if this is a hard and fast rule, or only a guideline? The primary reason I think age would be used in selecting who would be trained is more to remove countervailing interests. A child taken from a family at say age three to seven would remember their family only as hazy memories, so anything they did, either good or bad would be just memories of the past, and would not have the full force of someone you can still interact with today.

Note the meeting between Helena Shan and Bastila; someone she had not seen in over a decade. The recrimination and acrimony is there, but it has softened with the passage of time. Of course in that case, not softened too much.

My favorite scene was Kreia merely saying 'steal a speeder' as if it's an everyday occurrence between her and Vrook.

I had to read into the first actual chapter because the prologue was so short. But with 33 chapters total, and this is only Revan as a child, it looks good.
Behzei chapter 33 . 4/4/2013
Hi,

first of all: I like this story, it is cool

The characters felt different, the places real, and the story felt ... well awesome.

so: Thanx

Yes there are a few points one could work on, but hey nobody is perfect.

... and we all know that he beat Jack Beauregard :-)

And now, I'm going to read the next story in the timeline: Of the Sacrifice