Reviews for Lethal Weapon
Guest chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
Connie's comment made it clear she was a biased and judgmental person who airs unfounded opinions, so I wouldn't worry about her. And this story was well-written and very emotional. I feel that Alan's character would approve of your wrist-slapping just as much as Charlie-fans do. After all, he may acknowledge Charlie's shortcomings at times, but only to help him approve. As a good father, he is his son's greatest fan, and as someone with a father who- it took me years to acknowledge- was not that great (though for some reason I can't make myself stop loving him), I know from experience that Alan's words would hurt. I can only believe he would be apologetic, because I believe he is a good parent and a good man. Anyways, thanks for the story. Very nicely done!
EmilyChelidon chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
It's always a good sign when the very first paragraph makes me grin. The mental image of Alan hitting his knees and singing praises to God is really rather amusing :D

I only have seasons 1-3 on DVD so I read a synopsis of Fifth Man to get what's going on. And Wow. I'm shocked that Alan would say that; but then, he was in a very difficult space. It's characteristic for Charlie to not understand that at first. Alan's words affected Charlie very deeply for him to hand off the research he was so very excited about (just watched Convergence - he's bouncing off the walls with it!). But I love him for doing it because it shows he cares more about Don than even about his beloved work. Having the humility and non-attachment to his work to be able to give it up is something very special. Anyway, he doesn't need to make a mark in the math field when he's saving so many lives consulting with the FBI!

I really love how Don steps in and sorts them both out. It's a very powerful moment when Charlie forgives Alan.

So cute how it starts and finishes on the same line. Got my second grin :D
cindythechef chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Allan irked me when he said that. I love your ending to it.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/4/2012
this story was stupid.
Whirlwind421 chapter 3 . 1/7/2012
Great story! I liked how you wrote the fallout of this episode. I was very true to character. Never making any of them overreact into oocness.
Jane Mays chapter 3 . 2/15/2011
Slightly late review but I really enjoyed this.
lovesanimals chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I just re-read this story and realized that I didn't review the first time.

I loved how you took Alan's statement that implied that Don's being stabbed was Charlie's fault. I, too, was extremely upset that he didn't attempt to fix the damage he had done to Charlie.

This was exactly the way the episode SHOULD have ended!
lovesanimals chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
Excellent Story! I too was pissed off with Alan for his treatment of Charlie. It's great that someone was able to put it into words AND to have Charlie and Alan resolve at least some of the damage that was done to their relationship.

Thanks!
charlieeppes chapter 3 . 10/21/2009
There was nothing wrong with this story. I absolutely loved reading it. That Connie witch can take a stick of dynamite and stick it where the sun don't shine. She wouldn't know a good story, if it punched her in the face. You keep on writing!
LindaL24 chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
After watching tonight's re-run I had to come back and read this story again. I don't remember if I reviewed it the first time, and if I didn't, shame on me, and I appologize. That scene just about broke my heart, again tonight. The way Alan turned his back and to see Charlie's pain in the background...shivers. Anyway, great, great story. Your wonderful finishing touch takes away some of my anger towards Alan. Thanks!
Nychta Brhoche chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
I'm sorry I missed this when it first went up. That scene pissed me off so much! When I heard what Charlie had to say, I thought this was going to become a MAJOR plot line; I mean his anguish was SO palpable and Alan was so cold...

And then the next week it was like that scene never happened! What a wasted opportunity by the show. Glad to see at least someone else reacted the way I did.

I really liked this...on to read the rest of it now!
Little Miss Bump chapter 3 . 5/29/2009
I hate you.

I'm supposed to be studying for my college finals right now - and avoiding this area of fanfiction at all costs. But I read the description in a friend's favourites, totally agreed with you about Alan, and found myself fully submerged in your wonderful story. Why'd you have to make it so darn GOOD? You've sucessfully amplified my love of all things Numb3rs related, and now I'm having to sit down on my curiosity in order to avoid looking at the other Numb3rs fics that I'm just dying to read. *pouts* Gee thanks, hun.

Lol.

But really, this was an awesome alternative ending to the episode. It was exactly what I was looking for - we so needed some closure on the subject. And Alan's guilt was brought across really well, I felt all my residual anger towards the man fizzle down to nothing. He's just an overprotective papa bear who accidentally snapped at the wrong person. Anybody can see how much he loves Charlie. And heck, I love Charlie, too! *grins*

Ha, your description of hospital life is particularly accurate. You're totally right, they never let you sleep. They say "get some rest", then come in with blood pressure cuffs and penlights every time you start to drift off. I could definitely empathise with Don's situation there.

I noticed a couple of itty-bitty mistakes here and there. The main one being a mixup in words in this sentence;

-"Charlie quickly leaned to brush his lips against his forehead..."

Now, last time I checked, Amita was definitely female. Or perhaps Charlie is performing some sort of incredible body-twist in which his lips manage to touch his OWN forehead? Lol. I only remembered that one because it made me laugh - a very interesting mental image there, don't you think? But no, on the whole your punctuation and spelling was accurate, with fluid sentence structure and realistic dialogue. A well-balanced story. Thanks for taking the time to write it for us, it was a pleasure to read. And now, alas *sigh* revision awaits me. No more Don and Charlie for me.

Keep up the good work!

xoxoxox
hepaxedemos chapter 3 . 5/13/2009
Wow, really well written and nice to see someone else was pissed with Alan too!
epalladino chapter 3 . 5/12/2009
This story made a lot of sense and I think you handled all characters well. I'm glad, though, that you followed up on the first chapter and liked how you worked things out.

P.S. You may as well ignore 'Connie'. She's nothing but a coward.

Thanks, Beth
chymom chapter 3 . 5/5/2009
This is GREAT.

I agree Alan neededs something. Just what I don't know. Thanks for sharing.