Reviews for And He's Gone
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Wow this was really awesome. You really got into Sam's head and I love how you brought it back to their Dad and all the choices they've made in the past. This went straight to my favorites!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Very hard to read, because it's so well written-and Sam's misplaced trust in Ruby just killed me, killed all of us, I bet...I mean, it was easy to see what was wrong from the outside...(gosh, I'm so invested in this show). But this was a really great, sweet, poignant, dark character study.
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Wow. That was good. I'm a Dean-person (I hate the term "Dean-girl" since TMAtEotB ;) ) and I still think Sam was stupid - but at least here I get a very good view into his reasoning - wrong as it may be.

And this here:

There’s something else that he can’t name. It’s a low hum he feels in his veins, the dark thrill that comes from what he does with Ruby. But it’s not about her. It’s about him. No matter what the angels say, it’s always been about him. He was destined for this, he was chosen. He can do this. He can beat Lillith. - yeah. He IS kind of proud, and hopeful that his destiny was killing something evil, not being evil himself - of course, he never knew how bad that would turn out.

I just don't think killing John would have made a difference. But, who knows.

It was a great little fic, going to look for more of your work!
staceycj chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
What an interesting take of Sam's issues, and the reason why Sam did what he did. You managed to make him sympathetic and level headed. Go you!
spnMom chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Loved your story. Sam really thought he was making a sacrifice (damning himself by drinking demon blood) to save Dean and kill Lilith... thereby stopping the apocalypse. I hate that he was totally wrong. The only good thing I can think of that happened to him since Jessica died was getting Dean back (of course he failed to save him first). Sam needs something good to happen *sigh*... maybe in season #5...
jenilee chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Guh! this is one of those stories that I really don’t know what to say and not because it’s bad, don’t get me wrong. But because you just hit us with Sam’s guilt, loss and resignation or maybe acceptance would be a better choice, as to what Sam has to do to end this for himself and especially for Dean, so perfectly and it hurts to see how few choices he feels he has.

Very nice.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Very nice, Debbie! Very "dark night of the soul" for Sam...cold and desolate and alone. Lovely mood you've created here. Thanks for sharing.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I really, really liked this. And, as with all the good S4 fics, there is very little happiness, but there is some understanding at least. There were some very quotable moments for me, namely:

"Sam knows that he’s scaring the crap out of his brother, and he’s sorry, he really is, but this is the only way it can go. Sam hopes that someday Dean will understand."

and

"But Sam can live with that. He just can’t live with himself."

And Sam wanting Dean to have his real life djinn-world. And little Sammy taking comfort from the angel song.

As horrifying as it would have been, Sam is probably right about killing John. Dean would have had a really hard time handling it. And guilt would have eaten Sam up inside. But in the grand scheme of their lives, it probably still would have been better. :( Great writing!
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
I really like this. It's both dark and hopeful and honest at the same time. I never once doubted that this was Sam Winchester thinking... it was so true to his character that it could have been his real thoughts themselves. Good job!

PS, I really like the "Sam is John is Sam" topic. It made me think!

I like it!
krimson chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Closest thing to an explanation for Sam's inexcusable behavior I have heard. Much better than the simple "lure of the dark side" which is pretty much all the show has given us. I am not interested in meeting Darth Sam.
Justme chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
That was wonderful!. You've managed to capture perfectly the guilt that Sam feels when he sneeks around behind Dean's back.

It's obvious that he really does believe he is doing the right though he's had so many clear warnings-from Uriel and Castiel to poor Pamela-yet he still keeps on doing 's almost as if he can't help himself some force is pushing him onward.I do believe that the main reason he is doing this is out of love for his brother and the belief that this will help Dean win the battle. I just hope he doesn't end up losing his own soul in the story!.