Reviews for Needless Patterns
jimmy-barnes-13 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Poor Ianto! But I could see it happening, definitely.
LinZE chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
yay - you expanded it!

thanks once again for your insight

xLx
Secrets-0f-dreams chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
brill story
x-Athenea-x chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Poor Yan :(

Brilliant
Admiral Arlani chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Man, I was curious how you were going to pull this one off, but it's beautifully done. Straight to my favourites list (: thank you so much for writing it, it's brilliant. *hugs* (:
NO-PANTIES chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
HOW DARE THEY THING IANTO IS WEIRD gr

ianto is great and he is not weird it is because he is not a sheep he doesnt follow the crowd

this was great you should maybe do another chapter *gives puppydog eyes*
Rabid Badger chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Another great one. I can see Ianto falling into this pattern after Lisa, probably in an attempt to compensate for almost getting everyone killed, and it getting worse again when it was just him, Jack and Gwen. So even now that they have a new team and enough people to do all the work, he's still got it stuck in his stubborn Welsh brain that he's got to take up the slack.

And Jack probably won't be able to unstick him, is the sad thing. Ianto strikes me as the kind that trying to make him change an ingrained behavior would be like trying to convert a timber wolf into a vegetarian.
Galadriel1010 chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
So sad! Unsurprising, really, but still dreadfully sad. Great the way Jack and Gwen watch over him.

Gx
Englishpudding chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Do you know, one thing that really struck me while I read this was just how difficult a position the poor newbies are in. They are outsiders who are there purely from necessity and are obviously not thought of with any particular warmth by Jack...a man who usually exudes warmth.

I also thought you had Ianto and Gwen's relationship down pat.I don't think they have much of a connection either.

Poor Ianto! God,don't you just want to cuddle him to death?

Finally, I just love the image of Ianto consuming cup-a-soups!

Fabulous writing,as usual.

xx
LittleMissTake chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Aww, that's really very sad. I love that it's a pattern, that's so Ianto- even in his overworking, he at least does it in an organised way! And the reflection into his reasons- penance for Lisa, and the dislike of the dark give extra insight too. Great with the 'newbies' in that stage before they're properly part of the team. Epic last line- both funny and sad at the same time.
nopenopenope3 chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
thanx so much for this story, i love it! f*ing newbies...
toobeauty chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
poor Ianto but it is so him to do something like that!