Reviews for Bombs
IcelandicLicorice chapter 1 . 2/20
Before reading this, I drew a very...depressing picture on this point of history. Great job!
The writing is good but your history is WAY WAY off. Like why is Alfred against the bomb? It's war! The Japanese generals said they wouldn't surrender until they had legit no more people. If the bombs weren't dropped then there would have been an allied invasion and its predicted that the war would have last eat for many more years. It's estimated that an invasion would have cost millions of American soldiers lives! Also there was pamphlets dropped from planes telling the Japenese that they were going to drop a bomb of mass destruction. Unfortunately Japenese solider a were ordered to kill or arrest anyone who looked at it and very few people could leave the city. And Alfred couldn't have flown a plane that quickly into a nuclear fallout zone. The pilots that dropped the bombs does at an early age and suffered many health problems because of that. They weren't expected to even survive! Japan's people didn't fight the war because they wanted to keep the emperor! Much like Germany they were brainwashed into believing that Japan's duty was to take over the world. This history is facinating and you should read about it! :) The Japenese treated the emperor like a god. After both bombs were dropped Japanese generals were plot on weather to surrender and It want until the Soviet Union declared war on Japan did the emperor surrender and even then many generals felt it was a poor decision. The Japenese were prepared to fight till every man women and child were dead. They even trained school children to stab American soldiers with sharpened wooden sticks! Also the United States Air Force wasn't created until two years after the war,1947. Technically the Air Force people refer to is actually the United States Army Air Forces/Corp. it was a separate part of the army but not an official branch. They went army basic training and wore army uniforms and had army officer ect. America helped out Japan immediacy after the war pouring billions o dollars to fix it which the Japanese did not expect. Japan is now one of our closest allies and the 8th largest economy because of it. I enjoyed your story and thought it was well written, just I love history so I wanted to inform you. Please don't be mad, I'm not knocking your story. I
Wolfingrin chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Wow this very moving and provides a different perspective to look at events.
hetaoni564 chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
i liked it
YourxRoyalxAwesomeness chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
...this is the best thing i have read in a while. it is especially so as my birthdday is coming up and i happen to have it on th e7 of ecember. thank you for making my day.
Mocha-the-Reviewer chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
.tv/

I just found out about the Asia-Pacific Song Contest...when I looked it up on the chinese version for Yahoo, I only found one relevant link...

Come on, people of/from Asia (and the Pacific)! Spread the word and show the world how awesome we are!XD
Fates My Bitch chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
"Because you, Kiku, were never my enemy. Sure, Hirohito and Truman were enemies, but… How do I phrase this… we’re countries, Kiku, and countries don’t fight: out bosses do. They use us as tools to use to fight in their ridiculous battles.”

This is really true with regular people. There is a book called All Quiet on the Western Front where they brought this up. Normal people have done nothing to offend someone elsewhere, it is those in power. I love that line though. This was really good.
Draven Urei chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
This was great! I really love what Alfred say at the end, it's so TRUE! There was one thing on my mind though: I was taught in my class and shown a transmission of surrender from the opposing enemies, yet later on, Truman still dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Atleast that's what I remember _; I never really took notes.
AngelWhoIsNotASerialKiller chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Aww so wonderful. This is so accurate and America was so nice in this. I liked the way you described the countries not fighting, but the bosses. Adds a whole new depth to them.
Yoly chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Nya! I liked this a lot! Alfred is the voice of the people not the president! A lot of Americans were actually against the atomic bombing. So I liked how you described it. A nation won't die until the last of it land and people are extinguished. Anyway love it and thank you for writing.
EmoLollipop chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
aw. C: I love this insanely.
aki-chan chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
uwa! So awesome! I was thinking about this like how u wrote it! It's like u just wrote it out of my head! Nice Job! XD