Reviews for Red Light, Green Light
xGoldenSnitchGirlx chapter 1 . 10h ago
Just finished 'Personally, I'd Rather Lick Sand' for the fourth time, and just need some more! Your writing style is so effortless to read and it really lends itself to your versions of modern Austen. I can't wait to read this one for the first time, though I'll have to pace myself to make I don't get through it in a day. Thank you so much for your stories!
leira123 chapter 3 . 2/19
Womdeful transition into modern day characters. Granted, Jane Austen never embellished on their characteristics much, but I'm loving the fun.
leira123 chapter 2 . 2/19
The dad is spot on. And I love how they are closer in age. The original was wonderful, but the age gap is baffling to me, despite the social standards at the time. Wonderful characterization!
leira123 chapter 1 . 2/19
Just finished Emma because I wanted to read this story. Loved your P&P stories.
Mimi chapter 24 . 1/22
I loved your modern take. The characters and
build-up was perfect! I read it non-stop and couldn't wait to see what happened next. I hope you will continue to write...you are so talented!
Guest chapter 14 . 11/9/2013
cute
Forever Day chapter 24 . 9/9/2013
Ach, I liked it. You have a funny, really readable style (and is it weird that I identified with your Emma quite a bit? And I'm talking about her flaws not her talents... At one point I zoned out for a couple of paragraps and had to re-read because I was too busy thinking about when I'd been stupid and mean and I am so sorry and embarrassed even now. Eh, this has no point. Be nice to people. Don't use sarcasm as a defense mechanism. Eat your veggies). And though your Knightly didn't feel too much like book Knightly I really enjoyed him. I want your Knightly. Only minor crit would be the cussing which I wasn't wild about, but that was pretty much it. Also, you have a nice way of evoking scenes and memories. I enjoyed that a lot.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/7/2013
Love it! Your writing is amazing!
dartya chapter 3 . 7/10/2013
Okay, I might not even finish reading this fic, but I just couldn't not review this.
The Animal Farm reference cracked me up so bad that it felt wrong. Just... four legs good, two- bad? Just... *giggles*
sheepshanks chapter 24 . 3/27/2013
Oh man this was adorable! Another work day spent reading your awesome stories...you make me so unproductive ;)
Light on the Horizon chapter 24 . 3/11/2013
Great story! :-)
Wolfjackle chapter 24 . 2/2/2013
Aww, this is so adorably, amazingly awesome! I love your modernization of this. Emma was actually the first Jane Austen book I ever read, so this is super sweet. Thanks so much for writing!
alexiroseni chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
I love Emma and find "modernizations" of it over done. However you have caught my with your first chapter by
1. keeping their ages apart
2. Making Knightley sound like Knightley while being modern, though I wonder that you renamed him (though I love the name Jack)
Lookign forward to plowing through this!
zunaira ghazal chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
aww!
Dan N chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I've finished all of your Pride and Prejudice FFs, and I have to say you're one of the best FF writers I've ever seen (finding good FF writers is always difficult). I'm looking forwards to reading this, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I just want to point out that it specifies that it's Tuesday afternoon in the first sentence, not "Biffle Friday". You might want to change that.