Reviews for Heart's Desire
Glenstorm63 chapter 1 . 8/26
I think I might have read this a couple of years ago, can't remember. I utterly agree with your introduction in which you call Lewis on his inane statement via Aslan that all get what they want. I love the description of the dark juices and her cynical insight into it representing the shame and guilt that Aslan is trying to manipulate. Sophistry cast as Judaeo-Christian, wishful-thinking drivel for sure. I enjoy the way you are using Jadis' spine, her practicality, to recast her slightly. I actually really like Jadis in her vital and very human prequel incarnation in MN and my questioning imagination on her is thus about what in her journey of 1000 years turns her into such a cardboard cut out witch bitch by the time LWW comes along?

A few months back I wrote my own follow-on after the children leave on Fledge and her journey to the north, which I would be interested in getting your expert feedback on. It's really a one shot s/11644539/1/Tales-of-Jadis-1-The-Aftermath, although a five chapter set also follows which brings her back to Narnia at the 900 year mark.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
"iron tang of immortality" - fantastic
almostinsane chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Great story! I liked how prideful Jadis was. It showed her character. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
bant chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
"First, people do not always get what they want; anyone who claims otherwise is engaging in sophistry or wishful thinking. Second, Jadis is too practical to despair. Therefore, I must respectfully disagree with C. S. Lewis on this issue."

I think he meant all who take the apple, not people in general, and also I don't hink anyone is too practical for moments of despair. Or at least she will never know happiness or joy of any lasting. Other than that, love your work, even this one, though I don't totally agree with the premise for it. Keep having fun with your writing. :-)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Scary and excellent-I can see Jadis being like this.
Inamorata chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
That was really good. Short, but good. I have this strange fascination with the White Witch...
Miniver chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
This is both powerful and frightening, as it should be. I think my favorite line is the one where the apple's effect scours away her mortality. You made immortality seem not an extension of mortality but a replacement of it: great concept. You give a wonderful portrait of a woman who doesn't realize that (to contradict Milton's Lucifer) it really is better to serve in Heaven than to reign in the other place.
ilysia chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Once again, you have some beautifully imagery and lovely language usage here. Jadis is perfect- cold, power-hungry, powerful. She's practical, as you said, and that's the perfect premise for her lack of despair, though I've always seen her as becoming more jaded (if that's possible) as the years wear away. But for now, she's still newly immortal and there is no despair. Bravo.