Reviews for Silence
slapshot22 chapter 2 . 12/26/2009
Very interesting way to integrate the 2 comic worlds. I'm a big fan of X-men too, so to come up with a story that combines both is a real treat. You're off to a great start and I look forward to the next chapter.
Harry2 chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
Very interesting. I find it interesting that Cobra Commander wants to create a mutant war, by having Hank "The Beast" McCoy killed off. Doing so will assure that Legacy does not get cured. I just hope he knows what he is doing!
OBAMASUCKS chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
Its good.
Rutga chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
You've picked a unique story idea. The idea of mutants existing in the GI Joe universe offers you a lot of potential material to work with. So far, you've blended the two worlds well.

I never knew a crossover section existed until you mentioned it so I'd keep in GI Joe for the largest audience.
willwrite4fics chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
Very cool. Other than a lot of "sir" to a sergeant, it's very neat.

I'm a fan of Xmen as well as GI Joe, so it's very neat to see them meshed together. A mutant that is a empath as well as a telepath and able to both project, receive and affect other's thought and emotions would be a VERY powerful mutant.

Will wait for more!
Lioness Of the fire chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
gasp i love it i remeber reading the frist chapter of this i while and saying wow what a cool idea this it . am glad to see you are coniueing it . Am also glad and gidgie tu made scarlett and snake eye engaged lol am a die hard fan o them . i think u should keep the story were it is and keep up the awesome work i cant wait till the next chapter
turbomagnus chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
Surprisingly effective plan from Cobra Commander if I'm reading it right. By eliminating two not only Pro-Mutant, but pro-co-operation targets, he can then blame it on anti-mutant factions and effectively strike at all three camps; the Anti-Mutants by blaming them, Xavier's pro-co-operation camp because they couldn't protect two of their own (One human and one mutant), and Magneto's anti-human camp by not only the fact that (If I remember correctly) MacTaggert is still considered if not a friend, then a respected figure by Magneto AND the attacks would drive them to counterattack, thus increasing tension, making Magneto's forces more of a target.
Asterisk78 chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
I, personally, almost never go to the crossover section.

That aside, great chapter! I love how you've woven the Marvel Universe proper with the GI Joe universe, and I love how you've done Storm Shadow. His confusion is so palpable...it's awesome. Happy writing!

Asterisk*
Rai Science chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
I love this, especially the added Storm Shadow parts. He's my favorite chracter, so any writing that doesn't have him as an evil bad guy he who needs to be redeemed throught the power of Twu Luv is instantly good in my book. But your characterization is so awesome. The idea of a brainwashed Storm Shadow being sent after an X-man is very interesting, especially when Muir Island is a haven for mutants, noty mention tends to have telepathic visitors at various times. I doubt it would take a trained telepath very long to remove Cobra's brainwashing. but still, I'm very please that this story was continued, especially before Christmas. It's like a present to all the readers.

Update as soon as inspiration strikes please.
trecebo chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
I'd leave it here for now, since the X-men aren't promenient in the story as of yet.

I like your pacing and how you've set the story up so far. I look forward to the fuller plot opening.
engelina chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
i was clicking around, slightly bored,. when i found this. and i was happy to find this fic, too!

i liked how you focused on beach-head and snake-eyes, and how you added the twist of a light mutation.
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
This has a distinctly well thought out feel to it.

Beach Head.. is a hard ass. As you point out so adroitly, of course, that's what's needed. In fact, given his empathy, it may be needed for reasons of remaining objective as a soldier, let alone a drill leader.

The Balaclava makes more sense when secondary mutation is taken into account, by the way.

Thank you. I hope you continue this. The X-Men's world and history provides a not of jumping points, even if the team itself never gets brought into this.

Again, great job.
Cover Girl chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Great story! I hope that you'll continue with this. It would be nice to see other Joes/Cobra's with mutant powers. It's nice to see someone write a crossover like this. I have read threads on discussion boards about what mutant power would this Joe/Cobra have.

I liked your choices of telepathy and telekinesis for Beach Head.
TiamatV chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
In three words: that was amazing!

It was more than the whole 'mutant' angle (which was creative: I definitely wouldn't have picked telepathy/empathy for Beach Head, but you really made it work.) For me, the real wonder of your story was the way the characters dealt with each other, and with the world around them. Snake Eyes talking to other people in his head to keep his sanity, Storm Shadow's view about dumb luck, Hawk feeling like a father of a brat pack more than a general, Beach Head's reasons for not coming clean and his annoyance with ninjas... they all felt more true than even a lot of the "canon" material in the comics. We got a much better view inside their heads and their world than I think I've seen anywhere else.

And then there were those laugh-out-loud lines... I'm STILL grinning like an idiot at the "hocus pocus crap," the thought of Snakes wanting to throttle Storm Shadow, and Beach Head and Snakes sunning themselves by the roadside!

Thank you so much, again. I certainly hope you get enough inspiration that you want to continue!
Coral Skipper chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Quality chapter. I like how talkative Snake Eyes is, despite being mute.
503 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 Next »