Reviews for Silence
trecebo chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Yea! Deadpool!

Yea! Storm Shadow!

Yea! This is a riot, and the lovely convo between Beach and Psych was very intelligent and insightful. Good stuff.
general zargon chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Another great chapter! I'm hoping that none of the X-Men get killed, because I like Hank! He's furry! I am, however, looking forward to Storm Shadow vs. Wolverine. :) I'm also looking forward to Snake Eyes vs. the Merc with a Mouth. Personally, my money's on Wolverine kicking Storm Shadow's butt and smashing that telepathic blocker. Anyway, please keep up the great work and update really soon! _
Rangerfan58 chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
so it's begun i like it so far i can't wait for more and i can't believe it took beachhead until psyche-out's thought to figure out that lifeline was holding out after the revelation he had given well can't wait for more and it looks like the x-men and gi joe will be teaming up within the next few chapter can't wait this going to get exciting
Asterisk78 chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Storm Shadow versus Wolverine? Augh, don't make me choose like that! I loved Deadpool, and the discussion of how mutants are accepted in the Army, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

~Asterisk*
willwrite4fics chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Excellant! I'd be wary of making any of the Joes too all-powerful as mutants. I love Deadpool, his snarkiness just rocks.

Anytime you got a good rendition of BeachHead, you know you'll have me watching.. but it's a good story in itself. So far it's pretty cool to see your meshing of Xmen and GI Joe. Nice.
Rai Science chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Loved it. I can't wait to see what happens when Storm Shadow and Firefly attack the X-Men, but I'm sure it will be good for us readers. I'm bouncing in my seat from excitement at being able to see this chapter. There are so few good Storm Shadow, or even GI Joe fics around that there all a treat to read. What happen to Tommy next? Will he fail, succeed? Be captured, or escape? S many possiblities, so much time to wait! And that vision of Spirit's was so intereting, it opened even more possibilities, especially mixing Sinister into the plot.
Harry2 chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
*Shakes head* Storm Shadow, you maybe following orders from Cobra Commander, but messing with the X_men is NOT going to be conducive to your life. Espcially if Logan gets a hold of you. He will have no qualms about cutting you open if it means getting information. As for Deadpool, I agree with Major Blood: HE IS CRAZY! My advice would be to get out of the area and wait till the Merc leaves THEN take care of bussiness.
BlazeStryker chapter 3 . 1/7/2010
I suspect that mechanical telepathic conditioning is in place for COBRA.

There's several precedents in the show and the comics. On the Hasbro cartoon, one Joe had a psychic brother that was among the victims/subjects of COBRA psi research to create living weapons.

Mind manipulation of vaired sources has been covered.

And, lest we forget, there's always Doctor Mindbender.

Not too hard to imagine them finding ways to instill greater loyalty through psychic transmission, to be honest.

Even the traumatic memory being at the forefront of Beach head's search has a precedent in a Marvel comic. In an issue of Excalibur, Pete Wisdom was being held and tortured in a unique fashion by a sadistic telepath.

Sealed in a room with a stress-reactant pathogen, the two engaged in a conversation as the 'path kept probing for stressful things to make Pete's own mind destroy his body.

Wisdom won the day, however, arranging truly dark, nasty things in his own mind. When the telepath hit it, he freaked out and wound up shredding himself instead. As Wisdom put it, "Just because you can read minds doesn't mean you can cope with what you find."

I can see a telepath working for COBRA, or a system to do as a telepath could. Especially for Cobra Commander, who has more reason than most to want to keep his subordinates in line, especially Storm Shadow. This being comics continuity and not GI JOE: RESOLUTE, Zartan assassinated the Arashikage master to bring some of the clan under COBRA control. (Just as CC is now sending Storm Shadow and Firefly to kill Moira and Hank in order to crank up the insecurity of mutants and hopefully bring some into COBRA.)

Of course, I could be wrong. But it does seem that way to me.

Any case, this is great, and thanks again for continuing.
BlazeStryker chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
I like that you're continuing this!

Was Mari's codename a shoutout to Red Witch? I seem to recall a certain Sergeant Snuggles...
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
Hehehehehe!
slapshot22 chapter 3 . 1/2/2010
Great chapter again! I feel for Snakes and how he enjoys having a conversation, even if it is with BeachHead. Lifeline too! I can't wait to find out what he can do!
the dude lebowski chapter 3 . 1/1/2010
Been reading this for awhile and wondering which marvel universe it might be taking place in, and I can probably guess that it's mainstream 616 before all the major events of the past decade in Marvel took place.

So I'll just give this long rant to thank you for a Marvel/G.I. Joe crossover where Cap didn't die and get sent back in time, Spidey's still married, there's still plently of mutants, no registration act, Cable and Bishop aren't trying to kill each other in the future and Nick Fury is still in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Rangerfan58 chapter 3 . 12/31/2009
so things are getting more interesting are they well can't wait for more
willwrite4fics chapter 3 . 12/31/2009
Excellant again. Loved seeing Kurt go BAMF, missed seeing that.

Liked BeachHead and his abilities being shown as useful, and that he's having issues using them since he's not trained. Maybe he needs to chat with Xavier!

Lifeline a mutant too?

SnakeEyes concern was nice too. Looking forward to more.
mossley chapter 3 . 12/31/2009
Ah, this chapter helped explain where things are taking place in the Joe time frame. The interaction between Snakes and Beach Head is nicely done, and Snakes seems to have a pretty good idea what BH's mutation means, and the extent of his control over it.
525 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 .. Last Next »