Reviews for Walking the Line
SuzanneN chapter 17 . 2/17
Just stumbled upon your story this week and I have to say that so far I love the story. I hope you will continue the story. Even though it has been a few years since the last update. Please continue!
Best story I have ever please write more
I-OfTheHawk chapter 17 . 1/18
I've been reading through this fic SO FAST it's amazing and wonderful. I saw that it wasn't updated since 2011...was it continued somewhere else? Do you plan on continuing it? I hope you do, you are a talented writer :)
lovelyrita1 chapter 13 . 12/20/2016
Loved it!
Livgg chapter 17 . 12/20/2016
I get that you've probably abandoned this story, and will probably never see this, but please put more up! Cliffes make readers sad, and this is probable one of the biggest unresolved cliffes I've seen.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/7/2016
Hello!
I know it's been years since this story has been updated, and you are unlikely to read this, but on the off-chance you do see this, two things:

1. This story is excellent. I loved every minute of it. Your portrayal of Snape is fantastic, and his changing relationship with Harry is very believable, which is hard to do. Well done! I rarely review (I know I should do this more) but I hope you believe me when I say that it's great!
2. On a closely related note, did you ever finish it? I'd love to read the rest of it! It's such a great story, and left on a cliff hanger!
darkpheonix31 chapter 10 . 11/17/2016
I know this is probably long since abandoned but the story is pretty good. The plot keeps moving and the characters are mostly believable. My main complaint is that I really don't think you give Harry enough credit- or perhaps you simply give Snape too much.

1- Harry would not put all of that information in letters and then send them off with Hegwig. His owl was intercepted in 5th year and as as early as 4th year we see him writing in code. Harry is reckless when he thinks others are in danger but Harry is not idiot and in his daily life is more thoughtful of what's doing.

2- I know its Snape's opinion about Harry as to why he can't do Occlumency but I think its very strongly suggested that Snape's method would not work for Harry. Harry is an emotional person and he uses that to his advantage. But to give your explanation that Occlumency 'can't really be taught only learned', lets Snape off the hook. Snape is a bad teacher. Snape never explains to Harry what's he's supposed to be doing, even when Harry tells him that he's know what to do. He a impatient, cruel and has no actual desire to teach- Occlumency or Potions. That's not to say he's not brilliant- in real HBP, when Harry reads the Prince's notes he thinks that Prince was a much better teacher than Snape. It's not only his own prejudice talking that makes him feel this way- remember as a Third Year student Neville's greatest fear was Snape. That's not a good teacher.

3- I think sometimes its forgotten in this story that at the end of the day- Snape is not a good person. He loved Lily, and he strives everyday to make up for her death, however that doesn't erase some hard facts about him. Snape willingly became Death Eater which means that willingly killed and tortured people. It can be argued that by becoming a spy he has atoned for that, which is fine. But this is also a grown adult who created a rivalry with an eleven year old boy. He's grown man who used his position of authority to intimidate and at times even humiliate a child. I read a lot of stories that seem to think that its Harry's responsibility to see the real Snape and get over himself, but I think just the opposite. Harry did nothing to Snape until he was first threatened. Regardless of how Snape was treated by James Potter, at least the two of them were peers- to take that grudge and pass onto a child is reprehensible. It's Snape that needs to understand the real Harry, and not simply by feeling sorry for the fact that his Uncle knocks him around, but for the fact that while Snape and Harry both had terrible childhoods- Harry was the one that takes that as a reason for not wanting to see others suffer. Harry is a better person than Snape could ever be
plutoplex chapter 17 . 10/16/2016
Realize this is probably a dead fic, but it's one of the best I've seen. You've done a fantastic job capturing Snape. I hope you continue it some day.
Kaddppa chapter 17 . 10/13/2016
Why... why did you stop this storyyyyy?! I was loving it so much! Then I saw the last updated thing and... ._.
This Fangirling Muggle chapter 1 . 9/4/2016
Wow you have me hooked! This chapter was just so good and well written. :)
SinAndSyntax chapter 17 . 8/31/2016
This is singularly the best Harry Potter fanfic I have ever read, and probably one of the best fanfictions in any fandom. Your characterisation is so wonderfully and refreshingly accurate, and every single sentence is riveting. There was not a single section that I had to skim through (and that's not even something I can say for the mighty J.K. herself!) I know it's been five years, and the chances of you updating now are extremely unlikely, but just know if you did, there would be people here to read it. I live in hope! Good luck!
Shadow.SSJ chapter 17 . 6/22/2016
I hope you will find time and motivation to continue thia story, because it's excelent! :D
Kyralian chapter 17 . 6/10/2016
5 years without update? Come on! The story is amazing - well-written and riveting. I wish there was more...
woodyt chapter 1 . 4/29/2016
Will you be coming back to this story I've read 1st chapter & some of the reviews & really feel I would like it but if it's not going to be finished then I really don't see the point in going through the frustration of reading yet another really good unfinished story
SaiyaCat chapter 1 . 4/28/2016