Reviews for Unstoppable Force, Immovable Object
Jazzola chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
This is really good writing! Great stuff :D Thanks for this!

Jazzola :)
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Another great piece - I can just see this being played out on the screen. The line 'An endless transfer of colliding energy' and your concluding remarks are thought provoking.
sillygenie chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Really like your style and the insights into their characters. This story contains one of the few characterizations I've read in fanfiction to seem true to the show and the way you write the ust is hotter than most explicit smut.

Seem to remember from an Ian Banks novel with an immovable object and an unstoppable force as one of the key themes - when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object the unstoppable force stops and the immovable object moves.(NB. Perhaps it's one of those things you learn about in physics but I can only remember a literary reference)Hope you write more.
Bloodheart06 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Aww you should carry this on : D
leakybiro chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
More, more, more! Really you can't leave this story arc mid curve(?) You write so well and have a lovely style. As ever you have a brilliant eye for characterization and detail.
swashbucklette chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Very nice! I loved the "Hal-bloody-90" - snickered. You nailed it!
FirstDraft chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Lovely follow-up - I especially liked how they end up kind of in opposite places at the end of the story. I'm wondering about her change of heart since Contrary Evidence - at the end of which she seemed to have decided to go for him. Or maybe I read that as more definite than it was. :-)

In terms of Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object, the first thing that came to my mind was not physics but that wonderful song, Something's Gotta Give (esp the Ella Fitzgerald version):

When an irresistible force such as you

Meets and old immovable object like me

You can bet as sure as you live

Something's gotta give.

When an irrepressible smile such as yours

Warms an old implacable heart such as mine

Don't say no because I insist.

Somewhere, somehow,

Someone's gonna be kissed.

So en garde who knows what the fates have in store

From their vast mysterious sky?

I'll try hard ignoring those lips I adore

But how long can anyone try?

Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight it with all of our might,

Chances are some heavenly star spangled night

We'll find out as sure as we live

Something's gotta give.

Fight, fight, fight it with all of our might,

Chances are some heavenly star spangled night

We'll find out as sure as we live

Something's gotta give.

Something's gotta , something's gotta give
Shenlong Girl chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Great chapter! Gene's certainly being very predatory this time around.
theimprobableone chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
aww this is lovely! So perfect! This is so well written and so brilliant, I love the last line

Bolly

xxJMxx
Siggy chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Another excellently written insight into the quandry that is Gene and Alex.

Looking forward to your next insight - there will be one right?
clevergirl chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
VERY nicely done. You not only captured the sexual tension we love so much but you really snared Gene's piquant turn of phrase, AND what I think is even harder, Alex's. Very cinematic, very tight writing. Aces!
wombledon chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I liked that - very well written indeed. thought their argument was spot on and I *wish* we could get to see something similar on screen. Well done.
CrazyMaryT chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
So full of UST felt like an ep. I really enjoyed your story.
Gem6 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Cor! Cat, that's amazing! Wow...almost blew me away, perfect and so in character for the pair of them...any more?

Gem x
lioness2611 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Brilliant, really like it and beautifully written.