Reviews for Affliction
leahcim chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Really interesting fic you have going on here. Very dark and dreary and I am enjoying the backstory.

You're doing a good job with showing where the brothers are right now. Very stressed, strained - you palpate it nicely.

Really like the bit about how places can be like people. Nice metaphor.

You got me!
Psychee chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
This is a really good start to what looks like a promising story.
marinawings chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
this is a good story so far! your writing is very good-easy to read, yet nicely detailed. i think you're doing an excellent job with the characters. they seem like themselves. i'm interested to see where this fic goes next!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
John, a year and a half past Mary's death with a six year old Dean and a not quite two year old sick Sammy, in need of help, finding it at friends of Caleb's. Quite interesting start, getting a little inside into John the father. Now, Dean and Sam in the same car, unable to talk to one another anymore. Both hurting, both been through hell, one to the place, the other to his own personal one. Both are broken, both made mistakes, both are torn apart, both don't know how to go on or go back. Now the obviously going back to the place where there dad found refuge years ago. Wonder if they will find peace there? Awesome. Hugs, Vonnie
carocali chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I really like the way you did the time leaps. I'm sure that Jeff and Ben will have plenty to say to the boys, especially since they seem somewhat hesitant to go - or, at least Sam does.

Intriguing start and beautifully written! Can't wait for chapter 2.

:D

Caroline
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I guess this answers my question about are you writing a new story! Yay! I'm excited. Such a great and interesting start. I love how your using flash backs in the beginning. Can't wait for more! :0)
mycherrypie chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Really liked the exchange between your OC's while their waiting on John to arrive. That was done so well!

I like that their parents were hunters, wonder if there is something there. I like that you talk about Val and how off-balance she is. I wonder when we will meet her.

Liked how John gets there and Ben knows he is looking for an exit, salt lines

You wrote John very powerful. Loved it!

The boys were heartbreaking already. Liked Sam and " ." And Dean wanting to kick him out.

Nice job with Dean's mouth watering thinking about the beer.

Looking forward to the next chapter - update soon, please!
Dianne chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I really like this so far. It's so angsty and I hope whatever they're heading towards, it makes them talk soon. Looking forward to more.
rosebud98 chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Interesting start to your story. I like the beginning a lot with John - I thought you did a great job with him. I like it when people write him quiet and brooding, that's how I see him.

Really felt the tension in the Impala with the brothers. It's been a tough season and hard to get through some of the episodes. Nice job! Looking forward to more!
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13