Reviews for Affliction
rosebud98 chapter 12 . 6/3/2009
Absolutely wonderful! I read the last chapter twice! I teared up and maybe even cried a little! It was SUPERB! Thnx for this story. It touched me in ways I hadn't in such a long time! What a great ending. Loved the whole Dean saving Sam, the fight, and then the end with Sam just not able to let everything all go. Of course we all know what is to come... just lovely. Nicely, nicely done!
apieceofcake chapter 12 . 6/3/2009
Have enjoyed, thank you!
carocali chapter 11 . 6/2/2009
Angel vs. Val for Sam. Interesting... Will Angel make another appearance as they salt and burn, or will his spirit leave them be? Now the weather is turning as well; these are not good signs.

VERY creepy flashback with Angel and Sam as well. That was not fun!
carocali chapter 10 . 6/2/2009
"The night you showed up, she came to me," he mumbled.

"Came to you..." Dean's hand rolled in a get on with it motion.

Ben squirmed on the small chair. "Came to me. In a dream, I guess. Told me that she'd leave us alone if I... killed Sam." He glanced up again and tried not to look guilty, but he wasn't pulling it off very well. "But I thought I should at least give you boys a chance to get her first."

Dun, dun, dun. A bargain for Sam? Interesting. Why was Val so in tune with the demonology? And what is the Truth that Ramona wants?
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
Ohh love- this was fantastic :) im so sorry i didnt get the chace to review- over the weekend, it was the UK sn convention and...now bragging or anthing but everything you've wrote about- the people you meet in the show- through the show is really amazing- and the actors themselves that play such a heavy role are human- they are normal and have needs to be loved and live just like us...and its brilliant you capture that not only in the way you write- the way you describe the brothers and how they react and interact- i loved this story and its made me soo happy and soo...just felt right, which i cant describe at all...but thank you :)

you've made something in me come alive...from such a long time with thirst and its been amazing- I cannot wait for anymore fics you'll do or doing and i jst want to sa thank you for sharing so much and getting in touch with more than just our minds- and our hearts and thank you so much.

its been a ride i'd always come back to travel x

thank you!

Fiona x
leahcim chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
I know I've called you on this before, but I love the titles of these (drinking songs - YUM!) and the way you weave the songs into the chapters. Challenging and you have done it well!

Nice chapter. You had a fight, a salt and burn, a cliff-hanger (ha), a save, a bit of a hug, and then a reminder that not all is well. Not a happy ending. It was sad, but a bit hopeful.

Liked a lot in this. The fight with Dean not fighting back was well played. Really liked Angel/Val and how they started to burn. Actually, I liked Angel period. Your description of him was WOW! I liked the stronger with family.

Great Dean. Great Sam. At different ends of the coin, yet trying to save one another - the only way each of them knows how.

Congratulations! Best story I've read of yours - best story I've read in a long time! Great, Great, Great!
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
You're right this fandom is so special, it's a first time experience for me too and I've loved every single second I've spent in fandom - and you're incredibly special too. This is a wonderful story, I love this chappy and the scene where Dean is holding on to Sam not only physically but figuratively was so powerful.

Great stuff, hon - well done. Liz x
marinawings chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
this was definitely an amazing story. the entire story-and this chapter in particular-just wrenched my heart... in a totally good way, kind of like the show itself does. this last chapter had to be one of my favorites. by the gods, i just love dean. despite all his angst and pain, he's always there for sammy. i'd marry that man. ;) and poor sam and all his guilt. i loved the way the rain sort of symbolized a renewal and a washing away for sam, and then cleared up in the end. and brotherly love! fewer bonds are stronger, especially between winchesters. heck, i'd better stop this before my eyes start tearing up. awesome chapter, awesome story.
Musica Diabolos chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
Wow, marvelous ending! And still in canon, too, because we know too well that it's not over...I really enjoyed the brotherly moments, though. When Dean didn't start hitting him back...that was a good idea, it really showed the difference between their other fights and from Levee. And of course, Val's use of the word monster would be enough to send Sam over the edge, because of its powerful meaning for him. Angel's eyes, yellow even in death...very haunting. To be honest, Sam having black eyes in LR didn't freak me out as much as the yellow flash in Yellow Fever, I wonder if the show is going to expand on that any more. I hope so!

Added to faves and my community :) Congrats!
annie200 chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
I only discovered this story in the last chapter, but it has been a pleasure to read. Beautiful delineation of the relationship between Sam and Dean and Sam's ultimate realisation of what Dean has always known- that they are stronger as a family.

Really really enjoyed it, and shed a few tears at the end.
Maz101 chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
OK well, you already know my thoughts but I'm so gratified to see that everyone reviewing agrees (am I the only sad person who reads other peoples' reviews?).

Told you it was great!

I have loved every touching, painful, mysterious and dramatic bit of it.
Zatnikatel chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
'Even in the dark, he could see his brother.'

I love that. It says so much more than it says, if you know what I mean... ;-)

I think what I have loved so much about this story is the way you have shown us Sam's utter desolation and depression as well as Dean's. Dean's came over very clearly in show: the after effects of Hell, of what Sam said to him in S&V, and what happened to him in OtHoaP. Sam never came over as repentant at all - even his reference to what he had said, in DTaH seemed casual and arrogant.

I want to think he did feel as much as he does here but buried it deep because he genuinely thought he would have to overcome any human emotion if he was to successfully protect Dean and destroy Lilith...

'Forty years apart and Dean still knew him better than anyone. He remembered things Sam had forgotten. He put his life on the line because he believed Sam was worth it. And no one, no one, had ever believed in Sam as much as Dean...

...This time he just tried to see Dean. Not who he was before Hell. Neither one of them were those people anymore. He shifted, trying to find a comfortable spot for his back and kept his eyes closed. Behind his lids Dean started to walk away. Then he stopped and Sam knew he was waiting on him. Sometimes having a brother was better than a superhero.'

Says it all really... The scene where Dean saves Sam is just beautiful! Had me all teary-eyed!
McB chapter 12 . 6/2/2009
Aww, I'm gonna miss this story. Great ending!
Zatnikatel chapter 11 . 6/2/2009
'Sam wondered if his own mother would have had the guts to do what his father and his brother didn't. Maybe that was why she was sacrificed. She had seen with her own eyes what that Bastard had done to him. She could have stopped it all with the palm of her hand. She wouldn't have to live through years of t-ball and school plays and playing the drums and pouring all the love she had into Sam just to kill him later.

No. She could have done it then. And Sam realized that she was murdered so she wouldn’t have the chance someday to do what Val had.'

Now that... that really got me in the gut. So sad. :-(
Zatnikatel chapter 10 . 6/1/2009
Wow, didn’t see that standoff coming at all!
191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »