Reviews for The Way We Were
Furyborn chapter 1 . 11/21/2020
To the little shitholes in the reviews who are to cowardly to log in before putting in hate comments:
Fuck off. We know you love putting in hate comments for the fun of it. You hate a story, but you just loooove to put in hate reviews for your own twisted reasons. If you don’t like how an author writes his characters, or you don’t like how the story is written, then don’t read it! It’s as easy as that.
Chem prof, the rest of us love your works, keep writing. Don’t listen to the dickwads who write hate reviews for the fun of it.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/7/2020
This is definitely my favorite out of all your works, well, maybe Coming Back is tied. Both of them give me the happy, warm feeling inside that “everything has turned out the way it should, everybody gets their happily ever after and the cosmos are aligned.” Love your work, please keep writing!
S chapter 1 . 9/3/2020
The depth of emotion between Harry and Hermione and Rose and Hugo was written beautifully in this story. The way they reminisce speaks to the affection they all have for one another. Thanks for this wonderful piece of writing.
K chapter 1 . 9/1/2020
Just great, with that tantalising tease at the end!
khatre chapter 1 . 5/26/2020
my comfortable is that they are humping like love sick gerbils ... :P
hunzbookwyrm chapter 1 . 3/10/2020
Great story hope to see more soon.
gabzep chapter 1 . 2/21/2020
Would have loved to read more of the changes but this was really sweet!
kurokazeryuu chapter 1 . 1/2/2020
I actually quite like it and a bit bummed it ended.
Honestly, I’ve got nothing against Hugo and Lily being together. Maybe it’s the way I grew up and it was seen as an okay thing so long as they don’t share the same surname. Since two person with the same surnames being together is seen as a taboo in my culture (kinda like a brother and sister) but it doesn’t mean that it does or doesn’t happen.
I suppose first cousins with different surnames are okay due to being from different clans due to their fathers’ surnames. I’m thinking that’s the reason why anyway.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2019
What your pattern is, chem poof, is that you constantly blame Harry. In most of your stories, you blame Harry for not recognizing Hermione. You are a biased towards Hermione because of your feminist bias against men.

Heres something to suck on. Hermione was a go-getter regarding SPEW. She was a go-getter for getting top marks. So why the fuck does she simply wait to see if someone catches "hints" about her attraction? Why doesn't she approach Harry? Ask HIM out?

You say Harry doesn't know anything about affection. So wouldn't Hermione teach him that? Hermione criticizes stupid archaic traditions. Yet, she blissfully follows the sexist tradition that men should make the first move. So that means women don't have the gumption, the drive to make the first move. It's up to the men to take the lead?

Thats your problem, chem bitch. Your a sexist cunt. You glorify female academia and drive, yet somehow still regulate them the self-inflicted confines of their own delusions and habits. Habits born out of their OWN insecurities. When confronted with that, you immediately blame the different gender.

You are hypocritical, and of the same shit as sexist men. Fuck you.
dude356 chapter 1 . 6/25/2019
I really liked this. Having the time jump come about as the payoff from a thoughtful conversation with a couple of their kids about regrets and chances not taken in their youth, and not as some accident of magic or desperate act to avert a disaster (either personal involving certain Weasleys or war related where Voldemort wins in the original timeline), is something that I don't think I've seen before.

I also liked how you had this happen late in the lives of Harry and Hermione, making the story a reflective one between mature, middle aged adults and their senior parents that kept it from becoming what so many stories involving a canon compliant Harry/Hermione romance and their Hogwarts aged or younger kids become, with the canon relationships ending explosively and the kids having to choose sides. Tying magical power to lifespans, making Ron and Ginny's deaths natural and making the kids aware of the not quite compatible nature of their parents' relationships as they grew up made it easier for them to accept the eventual relationship between Harry and Hermione.

That so little of the story was actually set in the past was also something I've never seen and was also all that was really necessary to make sure we knew that the alternate timeline had been set in motion. I'm glad that the parameters for how this form of time travel would work were set before they went back too.
Chalayne chapter 1 . 5/29/2019
I love the song and your words fit perfectly!
cshen.julienne chapter 1 . 2/9/2019
Cute :)
EdTheBeast chapter 1 . 1/6/2019
Very nice. Love your back to the past. It is more than correct, in the temporal/spatial aspect.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 11/6/2018
Well, you did kind of support that they would exist in this world as twins, and eventually quite possibly have twin-cest. Meanwhile, it is still plausible, given the circumstances when looking outside the wizarding world doesn't happen much.
Regarding Harry and Hermione - lovely.
SomeoneWithTasteDoA chapter 1 . 8/23/2018
Since you're gone, you won't notice this, BUT -

All those generations of wizards and witches you can't fathom being going? Did you forget 10 years before Voldemort held a reign of terror so insane that people were terrified to say his name? Did you forget not long before that Grindlewald led wizard Nazis through World War 2?

Or are you just an idiot?