Reviews for The Ironic Byronic Book Club
Firth'sDarcy chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I think this is my favourite of your stories...it was so pleasant, so fun and entertaining. Gosh, i wish they'd always stayed like that. Excellent work, brilliant characterizations, as usual. Love, love, LOVE the flashback to their 'boredom' game. and this made me laugh so much:

So, instead, she would play the aloof lady and satisfy herself with imagining him being run over by a train.

i just kept laughing throughout the whole thing. Brilliant work!
Mother of Tears chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
VERY enjoyable! You have captured these characters perfectly! And then to add in an analysis of their perceptions of Jane and Rochester... brilliant! For a humor piece, this is rather deep.
AllAboutObsessions chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Nice and true to the original ;o)
lara chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
my compliments; I so enjoyed this one-shot.

this is the third time I have read this story and my first review.

being awfully obsessed with gone with the wind and the great Scarlett O'Hara( ) I can totally imagine this scene taking place!

btw I too did not really appreciate Jane Eyre.

great one shot!
Nostalgia10 chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
Omg how couldn't I figure it out for years I loved wuthering heights , Jane ayre and ofcourse GWTW . I think we all are suckers for this doomed dark character . It exPlains why I never fnd any story gving Rhett a happy ending believable enough something always nags that though we all wish these characters get a grip and find true happiness we actually love them because they are flawed and doomed to misery . I believe that what actually makes them that dramatic and attractive but the optimist in me still wishes them a happy ending. And I just feel like a fool now talking this serious about two fictional characters :(
ccac2003 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Another wonderful story by you! So happy that I read it. It just sparkled with understanding of the characters. I wonder, would you ever consider doing another chapter with Melanie reading another novel, perhaps one of Jane Austin's? This was absolutely brilliant! CC
rubeanddodo chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Finally got the chance to sit and read this charming story. It almost makes me want to read Jane Eyre but as I don't really fancy the Brontes I won't. Very witty and very cunning. It was a delight. This line is perfect - "The Atlanta Bazaar dance had felt like her first breath of fresh air after being stuffed into a trunk for a year—a year of marriage, widowhood, and pregnancy."
la letra escarlata chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Hey!

I have just bought this book about Gone With the Wind and its sequels, parodies and rewritings - The Wind Is Never Gone: Sequels, Parodies and Rewritings of Gone with the Wind

and it also deals with fan fiction and I have seen that they mention this fan fiction story.

Just in case you're interested :)

Best
EugeniaVictoria chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I just reread this story and I can't believe I have not posted a review so far. this was a great read, believe me. totally underrated. I love how Rhett somehow speaks of his own feelings by putting them into quotes or by saying things that Scarlett doesn't understand, it's so like him. and Scarlett, jeeze, no matter how much I like her, sometimes she seems like the most insipid woman in the world to me. great job! :)
areadergirl chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I just re-read this story and wanted to tell you how much I enjoy it. The characterizations and dialogue are spot on. You're a very talented writer.
isolabella chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
So I've had this story on my favorites list for literally months now, but actually just reread it the other day and figured I really need to review it. Besides, there's nothing better than getting a random review nearly a year after you wrote a story, right? :)

Anyways, this story is such a gem. It's sparkling with wit and I just love it. You had me laughing all the way through, but no more so than at this line: "No, you wouldn't know a Byronic hero if he was sitting across the table from you." So funny!

Wonderful work all around; I adore it!
Vee22 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Oh, I absolutely love this story! Even though I've read Jane Eyre, I've never noticed the literary parallels you've pointed out so before. You've used them so beautifully and I think you've really captured the language and essence of Rhett and Scarlett. )
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
This review is long overdue. You read and reviewed one of my stories, so I thought that I would return the favor.

LOL...I like what you have going on in this story. It has a lot of humor, which is definitely a good idea. I was intrigued when I read your summary. I admit that I do not know much about Gone With the Wind, but I do like your story here. :)
ilsa27 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Oh this was so witty and subtle and intelligent. I loved the battle of wit and words between Rhett and Scarlett - you capture the dynamic between them so well.

Its such an interesting premise - how Rhett, educated gentlemanly scoundrel that he is, baiting Scarlett into her thoughts on 'literary criticism' (indeed!) and then subtly drawing comparisons to the very situation they are in.

Brilliant job!
Merovia chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Oh oh - just have to praise you -very well done.

Loved how Rhett sort of revealed himself - yet scarlett was to thick to catch on.

You really have a good grip of the characters in this story, very believable atmosphere...

Looking forward to more from your hand.