Reviews for Ultima ratio
Ryuno chu chapter 53 . 9/18
I can't believe I made it to the end. I binged this entire thing in like three weeks and it is the longest story I have ever read. I loved this last chapter with Harry. I began to miss him almost as much as Hermione did.
Truthfully, the open ending peeves me. There was so much more to say. So much in fact that perhaps only a sequel will do it justice. I will admit that this was the best place to make a cutoff though.
You kept me questioning the state of things for almost 800,000 words. I didn't know until the last chapter if it was going to work out. I applaud you for keeping me on my toes.
This is one of the few Tomione stories where everyone manages to stay in character. I am grateful that you have done these characters justice whilst still giving me what I came for. I can't wait to look into some of your other stuff.
Ryuno chu chapter 46 . 9/18
Oh, my god, she actually went there. I can't believe she told him...
Huffpunk chapter 54 . 9/8
Hey! I loved it! I really don't ship tomione, but this book was marvelous, really, you are a incredibly good writer, thanks for sharing your talent!
Is that a Mirror of Erised reference I see?! Will that be how Hermione gets back to the future? Almost like how the Sorcerer's Stone could be taken out of the mirror... :O Color me stoked to see what comes of this!
dbrks chapter 25 . 8/30
There's this thing I noticed, Harry inherited his green eyes from his mother's side of the family. So it doesn't really make sense that Diana Potter has those same green eyes. Unless they just happen to be green. But the writer always makes it look like they're the same as Harry's. If anything, he should have her facial features.
the Honeycomb chapter 47 . 8/24
Drunk Tom is THE most adorable thing. Even though he wanted to kill those boys. So yeah, cute but murderous.
the Honeycomb chapter 24 . 8/21
Oh wow this chapter... yeah this chapter made me cry. This chapter resolved some confusion I had with Hermione's behavior. This chapter, for me, brought it all together, all the emotion all the fears, doubts, anger, desperation and desolation, all of it. And I can't imagine I would have reacted to Tom at that moment any differently than Hermione, both in lashing out and in seeking comfort, because for her he is both an abomination and a comfort and how can the two possibly be reconciled? Yeah, I'm still crying.
the Honeycomb chapter 6 . 8/18
So I know this story had long since been completed, and I've read Please Save Me and loved it, but this Tom is... awkward. He's not suave or calculating or particularly charming. Really my complaint with this depiction of 16 year old Tom is that he's already killed, what 2 people at this point? He's feared and idolized and adored and yet when we get a glimpse of his thoughts they are so... lacking. He doesn't think like a skilled black magician. He doesn't think like a man who only values life so long as that life has value to him. He thinks, and therefore acts and responds in several instances, like a 16-year old boy who is trying desperately to prove his worthiness. It's awkward. It reduces, in my mind, the frat that Hermione gives to him. Coincidentally, I think you've portrayed war-torn Hermione rather well; she's not desperate for affection it attention. She hasn't lost sight of her goal by being distracted by her surroundings or cute boys. She's driven and, so far, focused. She acknowledges the desire to run from Tom but also weighs the need for the Elder Wand and so chooses to stay. But the disparity between these 2 major players makes the whole event play out awkwardly. Basically, Tom is not yet believable as a wicked villain because he reads more as a whiny teenager.
the Honeycomb chapter 3 . 8/17
Ha! I love it! "He smiled at her. Eeeeww what is he playing at?" Too many stories have her falling for him simply because he's attractive, but Hermione is rather self aware and practices self control. She's not going to fall for a pretty face, she learned that lesson after Lockhart. She's true and (mostly) honest and stubborn; no way she'd appreciate Tom. Thank you for starting off their first encounter more realistically than most.
LimitedEternity chapter 21 . 8/17
Well that REALLY was dark. I do love yandere in my fiction. His treatment of Hermione reminds me of how he felt about Nagini.
LimitedEternity chapter 18 . 8/17
Gosh darn it despite my issues with the changes of heart I couldn't stay away and as such I have chosen to look past them! I like that he's getting dark and possessive, his true nature is getting tangled with affection before Hermione and it makes the whole thing feel so dangerous. So much for the time line, he certainly won't forget her.
LimitedEternity chapter 13 . 8/16
Hm this is still interesting but I'm not sure I can reconcile her watching so many people suffer and die at his hands with this sudden and dare I say illogical concern for his wellbeing. Like I could see it if he wasn't already a contempable person with a murder or two under his belt already. I could see that since she would be hating someone for something they hadn't done yet. And I can get saving him from a not condoning cruel and unusual punishment angle but winking and actual concern fresh off the heels of being tortured is too much. I enjoyed it up until this point though, good job!
LimitedEternity chapter 11 . 8/16
Yikes! Poor Dumbledore doesn't know Riddle has a wand... This is going to be bad.
LimitedEternity chapter 7 . 8/16
I'm quite happy this is slow becuase imo any story where Hermione knows who he is needs to automatically be a super slow burn. Unless you want to change her character so much you might as well use an OC. Gotta admit that was funny, I was like oh ew he actually got her with that act! She needs to put her head down and evade but that's not her strong suit.
LimitedEternity chapter 5 . 8/16
Yep, real low key Hermione, reaaaaaaaaal low key. Heh. That duel was pretty awesome, I loved the smoke whip spell. I just wish Tom would ease up but his ego won't let him.
4,417 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »