bayre chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Aw...this was good, but holy crap Sam was a big baby!
TraSan chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
That episode broke my heart and I think you just did it one better.

It had to have been so hard on both sides! The exploration from Sammy as a baby to the final scene outside the panic room was heart-wrenching.

Well done!
TheKritty chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Oh hell...

I nearly had to cry :(

The first part is so great, I could so picture that. John and Mady and baby Sammy... And when they talk about Mary's choice of name *giggle* Although it's a little weird that John even knew the name 'Alastair'... Glad they didn't chose that asa middlename for Sam *lol*

And yeah, well...the 2nd part... *sighs* This episode was SO hard for me...I was near to desperate at the and of 4x20 and I was so excited the whole week and then 4x21 was SO, it was such a great episode, but also a bit horrible - you know what I mean. And your story gave me what I needed...Dean wasn't okay with it, of course not. He loves his brother so much and he's so broken. You described him very well!

Great job!

JaneConstantine chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
_ good job, as always :)
Anya Magera chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Dang it, you made me nearly cry! Love the story!
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
AW That was PERFECT! Honestly! I am so glad you did this. Dean broke me at the end of this. You write broken emotional Dean so well ... and i loved the John and Mary scene ... I could so picture that.

Well Done

Tara x0x
masondixon chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I am dreading what this week's episode is going to show us. Even though I firmly believe that Sam and Dean will be together when the series ends next year, I dread the pain and anguish they will both go through before the end comes. Such a dark and dour season this has been; it is nice to read stories that reflect back on happier times. I have to believe those times will exist again. Thank You for your story.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Wow! That was terrific! What a great study in the potential of new life and the reality of life lived.

Great job!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
*is bawling* SO sad. chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Wow both emotions there, joy at Sammy's birth and sadness at what Dean is having to do now. Am guessing that the end part is something in an episode not yet aired here in the UK but how traumatic.

Kripke is certainly taking the boys, and us to the edge this season, just hope he brings them back in Season 5.
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
*wipes tear*

Hydromagnetism chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Great story. You really captured the emotion very well, poor Dean :( And poor Sam!

But, I'm so mad at Kripke right now. : I want the old Sammy back.
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
aw! this is such a cute story!

kinda sad at the end...but IS for Sammy's own good...I

but good job on the story! :D
Wicked Rebel chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
oh- OUCH. dean's pain is practically palpable in this one shot. you did a good job- but just so sad.

y'know,earlier on today i looked at my cell phone and absently thought "happy birthday to sam!" and then i realized, oh right, panic room.. that sucks!

poor sam.. worst birthday ever. :(
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
The ending was so incredibly sad! I absolutely adored the hospital scene- It's lovely to see John and Mary as happy, doting parents. Seeing Sam detoxic has got to be tearing Dean apart *hugs her poor guys* Wonderful, emotional scenes. An excellent birthday tribute to the youngest(though now middle I guess...)Winchester. And not that it really effects the story but Sam was born in 83, though Jared was born in 82.