Reviews for Sentiment
Faith Knox chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I'm not going for any points here, so I'm just going to say it was a great piece of writing- good flow, well-paced, insightful. I especially love the way you captured Offred's tone :)
Marcie Gore chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
A sad look AT socity where women have lots hope. YOu were feeling CINQIUAl?
Smile Life Away chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
This is good but so uggh...depressing (no that's not the right word) I don't know what the right word is. Cryptic i don't think that's it either. It sounds like something someone writes after they break-up or get a divorce. That is the only way I can describe it. Anyway, it was good, I liked it.
S. Snowflake chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I just finished "reading" this story (it was actually an audiobook, thus the quotes), and I was hooked on it, even though it was required reading instead of the usual stuff I like. You did amazingly well with giving Offred her character just like the author did.

*S. Snowflake
Whillenwolf chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Wow, I bow to Moira's line: “Love is nothing but a sentimentalist’s notion,” she says, “and now that you’re no longer sentimental, you can no longer feel any love.”
Fena chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Wow...This was amazing!It was just too good for words right at this moment (haha. You are an amazing writer! :)

Fena
HistoryintheMaking chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Very nicely placed in character, though the whole "What is love," thing is a little too naive. She would be like, "have you ever been in love?" or "do you remember what love feels like."

the reference to Luke was excellent.

You're fantastic at this. details were nicely done. Syntax Diction was BRILLIANT. Loved this piece, thank you for posting here. I'm thinking about doing one, but I haven't read this in such a long time.
moony391 chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
This was brilliant. I love the way you seemed to capture Offred's unique way of constructing her story: snippets of lost time, memories, in combination with her thoughts.

Truly loved it.
Rissika chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Hey, good story;)
Angel-In-Black chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Awesome. I read this book earlier in the year for an english course at uni and glimpsed it under the headings for books here on . Saw there was only one story under it... and so here I am. You've done a good job writing in the same style as the author, it reads like it could have been lifted out of the book. I especially like the bit about the shadows.

"Their shadows sit distinctly in the corner, and I wonder where the substance of them has gone."

I think that's my favourite line. Good job though.
nathan-p chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Do I get points for guessing "the same way I'm feeling right now"?

I liked it :\ Bye, relatively cheerful mood.