Reviews for Smallville: Return of an Amazon
This epilogue is far too rushed. It almost seems to have been thrown together at the last minute. In many respects it is a separate, although related, story. It should have been nurtured with tender, loving care as with the main story. As I sit here thinking about it this epilog is a "subset" of the main story-it can't quite survive on its' own as written. It would require extensive rewriting to the tune of 30,000 to 50,000 words. I liked the main story but this final chapter/epilog has an empty and unfulfilling feeling. I realize that I've rambled a bit, but it's difficult to use precise language with this particular ending.
"Ronnie" comes off as a self-important twit. My conjecture is that if enough people call him "Ronnie" he'll through himself to the ground, have an infantile temper tantrum, and might even wet himself. President Reagan had been a long-time actor, very charismatic, and might have been very comfortable with his closest friends calling him "Ronnie."
I've read this story and it's prequel a couple of times already. I enjoy re-reading favorite stories. Example: I've read "The Lathe of Heaven" over 100 times. I don't know why but it almost seems to "speak" to me in some fashion. Having said all that it continues to infuriate me when writer's make such a terrible geographic mistake about Smallville and Metropolis. Having been born in Kansas and living most of my life in the Plains States the best location for Smallville is western Kansas. My understanding is that "Metropolis" is sort of an analog for New York City. That makes the two communities well
over 1500 miles apart. Unless Lois is capable of instantaneous teleportation there is NO way for her to drive from one to the other in less than 3 DAYS if not longer. Both "Lois & Clark" and "Smallville" made a bad geographical mistake. That's what happens when Hollywood willfully ignores maps. Please remember that it was "SM:the Movie" that put Smallville in Kansas. Before that DC left it vague on purpose. Now, it seems to be almost canon.
Where is Chloe? With the geographical realities mentioned earlier, it might take as much as 72 hrs to drive from Metropolis to Smallville: food, fuel, "pit stops," change drivers, showers, sleep, back roads, etc. Yes there really is a community in Illinois named "Metropolis," however southern Illinois is NOT on the Mid-Atlantic coast-look it up.
The geographical reality is that the fictional Metropolis is on the Atlantic coast while the equally fictional Smallville would be in central or western Kansas. This would make them at least 1500 mi apart, maybe more. A Learjet would need 4-5 hrs to fly that distance, more if they need to refuel. I've read that both Metropolis & Gotham City were based on different parts of New York City. You'll have to blame "Superman: the Movie" for putting Smallville in Kansas
WiseOldSoul chapter 10 . 10/30/2018
i loved your stories...i love sm/ww pairing as well as bm/ww :)
the only thing is that ch 10 was just so rushed. you ended with up with 2-3 years or more? in one chapter. plus, why did clark have a relationship with lois? since he
almost proposed, i assume he fell in love with lois but just loved diana more.
lois is so annoying and rude, how could clark just have ignored years of
that, the big mouth nosey rude annoying person that he knew her to be and
fall in love with her? there must have been other girls...i mean he's superman...
he could have met any girl anywhere in the world, so much better than lois and he gets together with that? just confused how he stayed with her long enough to fall in love if he still loved diana and promised her he would wait for her and it was only just a short period of time before he got together with lois...run-on sentence, i know but i just dont understand this part so just very confused about that. yes, i know he was lonely but he has lived many years without being in a relationship...he couldnt wait for diana for the time being? esp since he feels so much connection and so much love, he couldnt wait at least a few years? ok i stop now. i think i got my point across... thanks for writing... i hope you write more of JL sm/ww or sm/bm if you can, would love to read them.
SuperWonderStan chapter 10 . 9/29/2018
Great sequel and perfect ending.
Guest chapter 10 . 1/19/2018
I enjoyed this story but the reason for breaking up was idiotic. clark had told diana he would wait for her but he sure did not. he had a serious relationship with the annoying irritating lois, I don't get that. if they were ready to have a relationship why did they have it with other people? that whole thing was rather stupid. sorry but as cute as the story was, the reason for the break up and not have relationship with each other but other people was completely moronic, senseless, asinine, and any other synonyms...
Guest chapter 10 . 1/18/2018
what I don't get is as much as he claimed he loved her and told her he'd wait til she was ready, he sure didn't wait too long to get with lois. he told ww how he'd wait forever but after only 2 years he fell for lois and even almost proposed...idk what that means...I mean, they supposedly loved each other much yet they didn't have a relationship with each other but with other people..I don't get it...I really dont. if sm really loved ww, he would have waited for her no matter how long it took but he didn't...wasn't it the whole reason they broke up was bc she wasn't ready yet?
Guest chapter 6 . 10/14/2016
lol
Guest chapter 10 . 4/16/2016
Nice
BoredGirl17 chapter 10 . 6/8/2015
Aw... so sad that this had to end. It was a great story I feel like there could have been a part 3, but you end it wonderfully, up to the readers.
agentinfinity chapter 10 . 1/4/2014
Wonderful work. Simply Super
pierce chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Hope you finish this a great story
Dragonball X Avalon chapter 10 . 6/2/2013