Reviews for Long As I'm Around
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Dean's inability to get back to the motel room was really funny at first, when you thought it was just a string of bad luck, but then once you realized that it had been orchestrated and understood what Sam was going through alone, it became much much more sinister. Poor Sam, freaking out and thinking that Dean was actually leaving him and that it was all his fault and that wasn't it at all, but it really struck home the fact that he needs Dean and is lost/devastated without him. Especially now a second time. Gah.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I hate Uriel... but good story
M14Mouse chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
You are totally awesome. I love all of your stories. It was hard to decide which one to review. After watching Season 4 again, it made me want moments like these. Anyway, great work!
Whilom chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Man, I was almost with Sam when Dean came in and packed his stuff. And having Dean put the pieces together that all the delays weren't normal was pretty cool, especially when he saw Uriel outside their room. Poor Sammy! I kind of miss the woobie Sam that would cry on Dean's shoulder a minute and tell him everything-I wanted Dean to know what had happened to Sam, not just know that whatever happened then, Sam was okay now. Still, great fic! I love bigbro!Dean and hurting!Sam.
LvSammy chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Wow! THis was amazing. I loved it.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Ah...Love how smooth your writing is. Hard to find time to read all the great stuff out there...but I know when I am in need - for pink and fluffy - like tonight...I can always count on you!

Best line I ever read - ever! :: He was going to figure out a way to make Uriel pay for this, even if he had to go to God Himself.

Two thumbs up!

Sunshine,

Karen
HBfan26 chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
"Dean flinched. He’d seen this once. Sam had been…twelve or so, old enough to know about the family business, young enough not to be part of it yet" PLEASE PLEASE OH PRETTY PLEASE can you give us this story sometime PRETTY PLEASE.. THis was a great story btw
authoressnebula chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I'm printing this one out to join my other favorite fic folder. Seriously, this was fantastic. I love the hurt!Sam and the bigbrother!Dean and how Sam isn't the same little brother and he's bigger and more stoic but he's still SAM, and that Dean gets this. And that Sam came back out for his brother's voice, even with the memory of 'Dean' leaving him. So much love for this fic and you; you're just nine types of awesome sweetie.

Nebula
flamanipulator chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
This was a reall, really good story! I have always hated Uriel. he sucks! This was by far the cruellest thing I can imagine him doing. Killing Sam would have been kinder, at least until Dean came back. It's too bad that Dean doesn't have any powers, or else he would have killed Uriel for doing that.
Phx chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
I'd like to think that in some small way certain parts of this would still play out the same 'cause I hold onto hope that if you can get deep enough, that is still Sam's inherent fear. However now - well, he's too far gone himself and it almost feels like he punishing himself for not saving Dean in the first place. Those poor boys.

This was heart breaking but also hopeful. I am perhaps one of the few who isn't fond of either of the angels so I wasn't surprised that this was something Uriel did, although I did find myself chuckling at some of his inventive ways of stalling Dean. Reminded me, in a very vague way, of Mystery Spot :P

Loved the flashback to the twelve year old Sam and loved the glimpse into a Dean I recognize. And of course, the hug - aw - boy do they ever need one or twenty :P

I think my favorit part was how you allowed them a brief reconnection, a reminder of who they were/still are, but still kept the distance of this season.
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Awesome and touching little fic. You always have the right amount of emotion/"manly stoicism". If only this was how it happened. Sigh. Well, I don't know about you, but after this past Thursday, I'm not sure I wanna see the season finale. Then there's all summer to wait and...ugh. At least I'll have you and your fics to help fill the time :)
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Very well thought out. I was reading and my attention was never taken from it. I was kind of wondering if Dean had lost his mind, but then almost at the end... mean Uriel!

I love this kind of story, when you just need to read it again and see all the signals you missed throughout the first reading.

Dean holding a semi-conscious Sam and talking to him was wonderful. I loved their final talk, as if they had rediscovered the importance of truth telling within their realtionship.

Thank you.
bhoney chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Wow, that was intense. Stinkin' Uriel. Wow, he really did do his best to keep Dean away. It was eerie, all the stuff that kept happening. I was glad the Dean that walked out was an illusion (though it was slightly gratifying too, for a moment, to see Sam realize the damage he'd done to their relationship).

Man, Sam was breaking my heart after Dean left. Nice to see that he still needed Dean, was so devastated at the idea of Dean leaving. Wish I could believe he still felt that way now.

I loved the image of Dean holding Sam, talking to him until he decided to snap out of it. And I love that Sam at least told him that he was trying, asked Dean not to give up on him.

Nicely done!
RedDragen chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
I liked reading that short story
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Yeah, I think it would be different in canon, too, but I like your version a whole lot better. :D

Gotta say I really don't miss Uriel. That jackass was nothing but trouble. His attitude towards humans, let alone the Winchesters, got me disliking him from the start.

Anyway, nice fic. Really nice. :)