Reviews for Long As I'm Around
RedDragen chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
I liked reading that short story
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Yeah, I think it would be different in canon, too, but I like your version a whole lot better. :D

Gotta say I really don't miss Uriel. That jackass was nothing but trouble. His attitude towards humans, let alone the Winchesters, got me disliking him from the start.

Anyway, nice fic. Really nice. :)
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
What a terribly heartbreaking story! I totally fell for Uriel's trick and it was really a cruel one to exercise on little Sammy to make his point.

But I loved how Dean tried his bestest to return to his baby brother as fast as possible, even though the angel through every obstacle in Dean's way. Then Dean so heartwarmingly comforting a withdrawn and depressed Sammy was pure gold! I'm so unbelievably fond of brotherly shmoop these days. And how they made up was so worth the read. At long last they came to a mutual understanding. Not everything was well between them but they found common ground and even footing in their relationship again after Sam had feared everything was lost between them.

Wonderfully written fic!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I really enjoyed this fic and it actually fits perfectly into UK time as 'On the Head of a Pin' just aired on Sunday!

Uriel was a great character and I really liked the twist in your story here, having him push the brothers further apart - I didn't see it coming and for me, that makes for a truly exciting read!

Your writing really is a godsend right now. It's nice to read fics that help us to see that all is not lost in these tough times and for that, I'm truly grateful. Take care, Madebyme.x
Zaphire chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Now this would of made a great episode that was so needed this season.I keep saying, I would love for you to be in the SN writing staff,and no I don't think you would be to mushy for Kripke :)
SerenaDeb chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Ah brothers. Lovely, thanks.
Landwing chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I always knew Uriel couldn't honestly be playing for the same side Castiel was. Everything he ever said was always tinged with such malice and hatred toward mankind. Then he goes and does this to Sam. Even as "Dean" was saying all that stuff before he grabbed the bag and left, I knew that couldn't be Dean. I just couldn't think who it might be. I'd forgotten about that nasty piece of work.

This version of Sam is taking some getting used to. For one thing, it's kind of sad. Dean always tried so hard to let Sam keep some degree of innocence, in spite of everything they went through. Sam used to laugh more joyfully and cry more freely. He doesn't do that anymore, and it feels like he's now treating the innocence as a weakness he can't afford. Like he'd like to have it, but he doesn't feel he can risk it anymore. Like he's given up hope. Or like he doesn't feel he deserves either innocence or hope, and he's resigned to doing without them. But I hope one day he'll stop feeling resigned and start hoping again. I think it suits him better. Great job.
carocali chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I wonder what Uriel truly had planned for Sam before he went darkside? This was just mean of him to do, and Sam's catatonic state was just creepy.

As Dean was trying to get back to the hotel, I was thinking something was up - should've known it was our friendly neighborhood angels messing with the boys.

Thanks for sharing!

:D
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Ah, Uriel was a great bad guy. I miss him.

Wonderful illustration of the bond that still connects the two brothers despite circumstances (and rogue angels)trying to destroy it. While the show has done a better job lately of letting us know it's frayed rather than severed, we need stories like this to keep us going until the brothers Winchester are fighting side by side again.

Lovely job. Thank you.

Sculls
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I wondered when Dean reappeared after leaving for the bar if that was Dean. I thought Sam had fallen asleep.

It was nice to see some brother moments. Sam wanting his big brother to stay and Dean worrying and comforting Sam.

Even if they are at odds, still nice to see them together.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.
Ciya chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
What Uriel did was unbelievably cruel and if he wasn't already dead and in angel purgatory then he deserves to die even more painfully then he did the first time.

Other than that great story!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I'm still of the opinion we're going to get something like this sooner or later - maybe not before the beginning of season 5 - but the boys are going to find their way back to each other. They always have, death and Hell be damned. (Pardon the pun!) But in the meantime, this was a nice glimpse into the bond that right now is stretched to breaking point, and might have to actually break before it can snap back into place. But its going to snap back into place. It might look like the boys are on opposite sides of the playing field right now, but when you take a closer look, they're really not...

Thanks for bringing Uriel back - albeit briefly! Ah, the angel we loved to hate... I loved his delaying tactics! So totally not what I was expecting from this story!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
So wish you were a writer for Season 4, we really need something like this instead of the disintegration of the boys relationship with each other. Here, although their relationship is fractured there is still enough love and concern for Dean to make his way back to Sam, despite Uriel's interference and Sam still needing Dean to be the big brother, though he holds back and doesn't break down.

Thanks for giving back some hope though I am holding on tight to something I read that Ben Edlund said "It's about two guys gearing up for and hoping to avert the Apocalypse." If there is no hope for the finale of Season 4, perhaps there is some for Season 5 - fingers crossed!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
How well we remember Dean's words: "As long as I'm around, nothing bad is going to happen to you". Oh, how true - the really bad things happened to Sam when Dean wasn't around. :( The show is going to kill me this season - things have changed so drastically between the brothers (note your disclaimer) that we wouldn't believe Sam would react the way you portrayed in this story.

I really enjoyed this story. Uriel really was a nasty character, so I have to admit that I was pleased that he had a hidden agenda and misplaced loyalty. The way that Dean took care of Sam (loved Dean's little memory of a shell-shocked Sam) is what I long for this season. Two brothers, united, fighting evil, looking out for each other, loving each other. Oh Lord...

Thanks for sharing this with us. It's what I needed to lift my spirits and give me hope. Until next time...
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
I'm not giving up hope for something like this to happen. *sigh*

Thanks for the great story! How I wish it had been in the episode :).
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »