Reviews for How It Starts
jeanixx chapter 4 . 5/8/2009
'She hates him for building himself up in her eyes only to prove what he really was—worthless'

ouch.

The last lines of this chapter were dead on. It felt so Silent Hill that I got a sinister smile on my face now. Oh I didn't want this to end. I loved the drabbles so much. I think the most touching and sad it's Alex's. Of course that's my major crush for the bunch of pixels talking. Still, I'm sure the story that comes after this is gonna be amazing. I can't wait to read it!

Great work again!

;*
jeanixx chapter 3 . 5/8/2009
Isaac is the cutest little thing!

Well, used to be anyway.

But seriously, it's so sweet that he was afraid of silly things like the dog or the spider. You don't see that a lot, most stories get the sister to be scared and stuff.
jeanixx chapter 2 . 5/8/2009
Loved what you did here. Kinda like Alex's mother got after the incident with his dad and brother. And the story repeats itself...that's what you get for being born in a cursed family. -.-
jeanixx chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
this is beautiful. Alex is IN character. I didn't see nothing wrong with the way you described him here . Plus, it's in Rebecca's point of view (right?), which makes it all sadder. I really wanna know what happened, though.

Poor Rebecca and Alex.

Oh, Alex...whose tushie am I gonna admire now?
Arktos chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Uh...well, I don't really approve of the way you dealt with Alex's character (forgetting his own family after the years of neglect from his parents? That seems...out of character...).

Despite that, this is competently written if a little short. I'd make your chapters longer, for starters. Drabble or no drabble, you need to find a way to assert the fact that this IS Alex's family, and that he DID love Elle. Small things, like similarities between his children and him...the influence he's had on Elle since they got together...stuff like that really fleshes out the story, makes it come to life.

But anyways, you get a B for effort and an A- for execution. I can name very few drabbles I'd give that sort of an opinion on.