Reviews for It's Not for Everyone
Venus914 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
It makes sense, really. I love it. )
edao chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
That was... disconcerting.

A nice insight into what is presumably one of the top tiers in the world of Naruto and I wouldn't wonder if likely recruiting tactics were employed in various secret services around the world. It is after all a very powerful way to ensure the loyalty of your agents. It makes me glad I needn't make such decisions.

As for the characters, I was surprised Tiger was a girl as well as a Hyuuga. It instantly made me think of Hinata or Neiji but I assume the clan is large enough to consist of a few more members than the ones mostly known.

Ed
Obelisk of Light chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
This is a very good story. Naruto isn't the ANBU type, but I was expecting him to clear the mission with sheer power. He does fail, but the ending isn't all that sad; it's bittersweet.

You've misspelled Jiraiya in the last paragraph. It's very minor, but a distraction nonetheless.

Overall, it's an excellent fic.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
I love the drama here. Actually I love all the drama you write, you're very good at it.

I had a feeling it was a test though, when you stgarted out with how 'screwed up' ANBU are. When the target was revealed, I knew for sure.

Melancholy at the end was good too.
Looney chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
This was artfully written. Very clever characterisations. I enjoyed it, hope to read more narukaka by you.
Jade Rozes chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Hey there. Excellent first story. I'd never have guessed if I hadn't read your AN. Good momentum and buildup. I also enjoyed the little details that you put in like the ANBU hand signals, the specifics of the training, and the mirror trick. It really made your story and the universe feel complete, but it didn't bog the pace down.

A couple small things...you mention that this is Naruto's first mission, but you also say that "Naruto had seen far too much in his time with the ANBU...". I'm assuming that you're talking about his training, but it sounds as though he's been in service for a long time. It took me a little bit to figure out what you were going for, and that broke the momentum of the story. Also, this may be being a bit picky but you misspell chuunin as "chunin" and Hyuuga as "Hyuga". It didn't matter so much for me, but I know stuff like that can throw some people right out of a story. Finally, the last line didn't sound like Kakashi to me so much as Jiraya, probably because of the "cheer up, kid." But that's one line in the entire fic, and was offset by your description of him.

Overall good work. Definitely putting you on Author Alert.