Reviews for About Face
DianeB chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Very nicely done. Great writing with Tom and B'Elanna in the Vidiian prison. As usual, lack of time prevented TPTB from showing us what it must have been like for B'Elanna to endure the Doc's "DNA reintegration treatment." Thank goodness you did not have that problem.
DogsRule82021 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
This story is awesome! Great job.
CityDurl chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
What a sweet and gentle fic. I would hope that Tom had comforted B'Elanna in just this way. I like that you described her recovery and return to her former self; it was glossed over in the episode when it must have been difficult. I also like the touch on what it feels like to be isolated and on bedrest after major surgery, left alone with one's thoughts - it rang true.
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Excellent story dotted with some wonderful introspection on B'Elanna's part, not to mention some sweet P/T moments. You pulled some thoughts out of B'Elanna's head that I've dedicated my stories to achieving. "Faces" is definitely one of my favorite episodes, and to see a fic devoted to it is a real treat. Good job!
one of the lost chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Hey this was done rather well... You're doing a great job at ensuring that your stories are realistic...

Have you ever thought about writing a story of how B'Elanna would be if she wasn't able to become half Klingon again?
KUgirl chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Lovely. Thanks for the insight :)
betty brant chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
I didn't have time to review or read this until now; it was a lovely surprise to come across it. What a delightful "missing scene" story. I like the characterizations on both sides and also the subtle indications of interest and low-key flirting going on between Tom and B'Elanna as the story progressed. It's not a full-blown attraction yet, but there are definitely some promising seeds being cast, especially at the end. Oh, and did I mention that you write great friendship stories?

I'm only sorry that we don't get to see your AU universe version of this episode, but having you write such a good story that fits into the main continuity of the show makes up for it.
paristorres27 chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
I wasn't expecting another story so soon, thanks so much for posting it.

Of course I wish this was in the AU from your other story...but this was great. I loved Paris's fake day and Torres' reaction to it.

Also, the guilt over Durst was nicely written.

I liked how B'Elanna hid her pain and suffering during her treatment back on Voyager, and how she clearly needed support. It fit in well with her character at the time.

One criticism...I would have liked to see if Tom tried to visit. I feel like she would have sent him away, and that would be an interesting scene to explore. Or have him worrying on the bridge or something.

Keep posting your stories! You have a very dedicated audience.
Riss - uscmam chapter 1 . 5/4/2009

I love this episode, and you have done a nice job of capturing it. I love the paranoia, fear and need for human contact that you brought out in their thoughts and words. And, of course, I love the subtle and not so subtle flirting.

As always, an amazing job of writing our two favorite characters.
starrylaa chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Nice story! It's good to know you can write missing pieces as well as AU! Faces is one of my favourite episodes of Voyager, so I'll never get tired of fics exploring it. I liked Tom trying to comfort her and his rather suggestive story he told her, and I liked B'Elanna's later isolation.

Btw I'm also writing a Faces story exploring similar issues. It won't be out for a while, but I thought I'd let you know so you didn't think I was copying you