Reviews for Crushed
RosiePosieRW chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
Wow...very gripping, beautifully chilling and thrilled me to the bone. I love how you interweave the two stories together - exceptionally clever, might I say. "Not exactly a romance" - no, indeed. The ending is dramatic, but effectively shocking nonetheless. Bittersweet and riveting, the tale you have spun captivates the reader. I love it.
Anonn3 chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Well...That was slightly depressing...
missylynn99 chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
I really liked it. I love how it shows a different possible facet of Voldemort's personality. Also, I noticed that you are a moderator for the new Review lounge, and I was wondering how do you join and introduce yourself?
ReadingStar chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
A very well written fic, showing a different, but possible, side of Voldemort. I like how you do the flash back, but found it a bit confusing, and had to re-read it, to understand the fic better.
Well done :D
-Stara
Olympus - 117 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Wow! Dark and morbid , but facinating. I love how you interspaced the two stories together - it adds a nice edge to the whole thing. I could practically feel the tension amp up as it neared the end, and the chilling finish is a nice touch too :)

Very well written; couldn't really find any flaws here - that's how good it is . . . fantastic stuff!

10/10
jack63kids chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
And this is why JK avoided any mention of Voldy's sexuality! - Beautifully chilling!

Really well written and gripping piece. 'Not exactly a romance' - no, indeed.
Qwert chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Interesting idea. Thanks for writing fanfiction.
McJunker chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Oh, snap. That's cold as sh*t, right there.

I admit, when I began the fic, I had a certain foreboding about the direction it would take. Lord voldemort in love? I foresaw some quasi-tragic, sappy little drabble about how even the darkest wizards have a spot of humanity.

bah. I like my villains like I like my coffee- black at heart, with complexity as a bonus (stupid metaphor?) But the ending...

Oh, god, yes. The ending made up for it. This wasn't a story about how Lord Voldemort got his heart broken as a teenager. This was a story about how a sociopath letched on a classmate, than murdered her decades later in a fit of malice and dominance. Now that's the Voldemort I know.

Moreover, not only is he %100 in character as the reigning psycho in magical britain, it also sheds some light as to what's going on inside him as he goes on his kill spree. Had I written the scene at the end, it would have been Voldemort murdering her after she accepts his offer just to revel in being a vicious bastard. But I like the dynamic that he was planning to spare her... until she showed weakness by accepting it.

It kind of makes me wonder what was going through his head when he was killing all the other people.

5/5
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This was such a fascinating look at Voldemort's character, Wendy! I don't think that I've ever found another story quite like this and I'm really impressed with what you've done here. It seems very fitting that Voldemort has this...fascinating with a gir, even though he is very aware that he does not have what others might call a 'heart'. The fact that she was a Ravenclaw made it even more believable.

The dialogue that is exchanged by the two of them is very fitting for Tom's character at that point. He sees her as a challenge, perfect for the character, and then it ends so strongly after that. I found her to be an equally fascinating and believable OC, so well done there!

I thought this was very well written and very enjoyable. Thank you so much for this and very well done!
pixileanin chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
What a fabulous one-shot you have created here! I am stunned, Amazed. Just, almost speechless. But not quite. Otherwise, this would be a remarkably short review, and we can't have that. The way you put this piece together, with the past and the present coming together, that was brilliant. Wonderful. *insert more superlatives here*

You made Tom Riddle into a real person right before my eyes, and created a suitable OC that he could both loathe and desire at the same time. To take such a well-known scenario and make it unique to your own story takes real talent. I love when the twists truly surprise me, because in fanfiction, that's really hard to do. But you did it. I was surprised and delighted and wholly impressed. Great piece!
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
I don't think I've ever read a serious Voldemort "romance" just because it seems to go against his character so completely. That said, I was thrilled to see you take a realistic route with young Tom's interest in Elle, making it explicit that he had almost always been incapable of loving.

I also really enjoyed the way you wove the past/present storylines together with the italics. And I LOVED the way it culminated in the end. Really well done, Wendy!
TheBlackPages chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I'm sorry, but I have no other option than to praise you, much like probably all of the other reviewers.

Very well done. You have kept a cold, seemingly heartless and uncaring Voldemort, but with just a touch of humanity, and not in a cheesy kind of way. It's not something that can be easily obtained, but I guess you know that. And amazing OC.

Superb, really. This must go in my favorites.
K. Knocks chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Ooh, this is fantastic! I don't really have much to say other than I really like your character choices so far as Elle is concerned - she's beautiful, but not typically so, and by what details are given of her she seems to be a normal girl. And you did a great job with Voldemort, as well. Brilliant work. (: xx
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
WOW. This is all I can say...WOW.

There's so much nuance in this piece. From Voldemort to the Elle character (is she an OC? I don't remember all of the secondary characters names, haha!) and to how it was interwoven from then to now, I...words escape me on how much this moved me. You got inside of Voldemort's head so well-his upbringing and his very aristocratic mannerisms and his anxiety and his angst and omg I think I'm fangirling over here. It was so refreshing and so awesome and seriously, words fail me.

I'm sorry this is such a crap review, but lawdy I'mma have to make sure that I don't ever snub Voldemort.

Blakey-boo
TheWordFountain chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Whoa. This was good. I feel like it was a little weird, just because Voldemort being interested in the opposite sex is almost crazy...but good.

It shows that he was human, something he always tried to deny.

Loved it. :)